The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Apr 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,311 of 2,849
I remember when I first heard mine. I didn't think they were all that special my self. It was after I let them play and loosen up a bit when they opened up. I would definitely burn them in and hear them later.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #2,312 of 2,849
I still have yet to try my friends RP-HTF600S vs My RP-HTF600S.  His sounded amazing when I burned them in.  Mine still sound super muddy.  Not sure what is up?

Hopefully I will get a chance to compair the two soon, cause it is really bugging me.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,313 of 2,849
ok , i will try to burn them in..i read from a guy on amazon.com saying that he wasnt a believer in burn in ,, but this phone changed he's mind..Mids and highs gone up and running.. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTF600-S-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004MMEI8W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1333734960&sr=1-1 /////////////////////////When I first got these they were bassy and the highs were nowhere to be found and the mids were very shy.. After about 8 hours I wondered what I was going to do with these..THEN..about the 15 hour mark they CAME ALIVE.. The most amazing transformation I've ever encountered with headphones..The soundstage..The mids not muddied by the bass anymore..the whole range just came alive..And the bass just boomed Best $35 I've ever spent..I'd spend $50 or more..\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ I will cetrainly try to burn them in...but i dont think this will change that much..this headphones sound no good for me..I have a pair of HQ-80s and the sound is better.No JOKE...highs are there , mids are clear , ok theres no big impact of bass , but i dont want only a bassy phone ...

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,314 of 2,849

Quote:
OMG sooo much bass I love it!

Good call for testing.................got my Panasonics today and my head is literally shaking as I type this................thanks for the heads up.
beyersmile.png

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #2,315 of 2,849
I'm enjoying my htf600's very much. I can't believe I only paid $30 on amazon for these. Has anyone tried these with the JDS Labs cMoy? I'm just wondering if it will do anything for me that I can't do with my EQ aside from it being generally louder. Even if it can get louder, I don't know why I would want to blow my ear drums out. I guess my real question is "Will the JDS Labs cMoy combined with htf600 give me a higher quality sound or can I just achieve this by messing with the EQ?"

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #2,317 of 2,849
Had a chance to wear these for a couple hours now, glad I got the velour pads to go with them, the stock pleather was def. not great at least for me. Very very happy with them, biggest concern when buying my first set of headphones was comfort, I wanted to be able to wear them and forget I had them on. These do that for me and they sound incredible for $35. 

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #2,320 of 2,849
These have the wider stage. More musical to my ears. The MP 8323 is good for the cheap but I prefer these HTF600. I hope price go back down. But it isn't just the HTF600 that prices are high it seems most headphones on Amazon are sold at full value now.

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2,321 of 2,849

Quote:
I'm enjoying my htf600's very much. I can't believe I only paid $30 on amazon for these. Has anyone tried these with the JDS Labs cMoy? I'm just wondering if it will do anything for me that I can't do with my EQ aside from it being generally louder. Even if it can get louder, I don't know why I would want to blow my ear drums out. I guess my real question is "Will the JDS Labs cMoy combined with htf600 give me a higher quality sound or can I just achieve this by messing with the EQ?"

Bass a bit tighter and mids come out a bit, but other than that, a louder sound...

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,322 of 2,849

Quote:
These have the wider stage. More musical to my ears. The MP 8323 is good for the cheap but I prefer these HTF600. I hope price go back down. But it isn't just the HTF600 that prices are high it seems most headphones on Amazon are sold at full value now.

Cool. I'll have to grab one

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2,323 of 2,849

Quote:
Had a chance to wear these for a couple hours now, glad I got the velour pads to go with them, the stock pleather was def. not great at least for me. Very very happy with them, biggest concern when buying my first set of headphones was comfort, I wanted to be able to wear them and forget I had them on. These do that for me and they sound incredible for $35. 

I'm very new to the Panasonic arena - in the regard of this particular pair of headphones.  I did have a previous pair of Panasonic headphones that I did purchase some ten to 15 years ago from Circuit City.  To me, they were OK at the time, but I never had a reference or great pair of headphones to compare them too.  Sadly, I don't know what happened to those headphones.  We've moved since owning them, but somehow, they disappeared - or, ended up in a garage sale at some point.

I have a question regarding the velour pads.  Are the velour pads an option for the Panasonic headphones, or are people using the velour pads from another manufacturer for this enhancement?

Thanks,

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #2,324 of 2,849
I would get the headphones first as some of the guys prefer the stock pads and the intended sound. The velours are Beyer EDT 250 pads. Which fit Sony and these Panasonic headphones.. I can imagine these velour pads being the most popular online. The velours are not a necessity but if you want ultimate comfort with hot weather approaching. The sounds actually balance out a bit better with the velours but not so drastic that it changes the over all sound..It is mostly about the non sweat/ comfort part that makes it worth the buy more than anything.

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #2,325 of 2,849

Quote:
I'm very new to the Panasonic arena - in the regard of this particular pair of headphones.  I did have a previous pair of Panasonic headphones that I did purchase some ten to 15 years ago from Circuit City.  To me, they were OK at the time, but I never had a reference or great pair of headphones to compare them too.  Sadly, I don't know what happened to those headphones.  We've moved since owning them, but somehow, they disappeared - or, ended up in a garage sale at some point.

I have a question regarding the velour pads.  Are the velour pads an option for the Panasonic headphones, or are people using the velour pads from another manufacturer for this enhancement?

Thanks,

Per the advice of another board member I scooped up these:
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Velour-Earcushions-MDR7506-Headphones/dp/B0016MF7W2
They fit like a glove on these headphones, was actually not that easy to get them on, but they look and feel great.

Quote:
I would get the headphones first as some of the guys prefer the stock pads and the intended sound. The velours are Beyer EDT 250 pads. Which fit Sony and these Panasonic headphones.. I can imagine these velour pads being the most popular online. The velours are not a necessity but if you want ultimate comfort with hot weather approaching. The sounds actually balance out a bit better with the velours but not so drastic that it changes the over all sound..It is mostly about the non sweat/ comfort part that makes it worth the buy more than anything.

I had read on several of the reviews that people preferred the sound with the stock pads over the velour ones, I actually was the opposite, I put the new pads on and was even happier with how they sounded. Have been using them to game in bf3 while listening to music in the background, and the sound is great and the comfort is even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back