The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Mar 22, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #2,221 of 2,849
Just give them some cook time. Say about 50 at least. The sound changed considerably for me. I let my kids listen to them for about a week then I reclaimed them and they were like a completely different HP. They improved mostly in the mids which opened up and no longer sounded congested. You'll see...

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2,222 of 2,849

Quote:
Just give them some cook time. Say about 50 at least. The sound changed considerably for me. I let my kids listen to them for about a week then I reclaimed them and they were like a completely different HP. They improved mostly in the mids which opened up and no longer sounded congested. You'll see...

This is so true, I thought especially the upper midrange was congested without burn-in... I also did minor modding which possibly helped a bit but I think the burn-in did a lot bigger difference and after burn in, I'd concider the mids more on the forward side of neutral.

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #2,223 of 2,849

Quote:
This is so true, I thought especially the upper midrange was congested without burn-in... I also did minor modding which possibly helped a bit but I think the burn-in did a lot bigger difference and after burn in, I'd concider the mids more on the forward side of neutral.

Pretty much the same with my hd661. After 80-100 hours mids got way more up front and the bass got fuller and stronger.

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #2,226 of 2,849
I think I must have an issue with the seal or something because I cannot perceive the "monstrous bass" that some people say these have.
I have no idea what the problem is... Im pretty sure that I dont have too high of a standard for bass but impact is simply not there. Im over 50 hours of burn in at this point... Any suggestions?

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #2,227 of 2,849

Quote:
I think I must have an issue with the seal or something because I cannot perceive the "monstrous bass" that some people say these have.
I have no idea what the problem is... Im pretty sure that I dont have too high of a standard for bass but impact is simply not there. Im over 50 hours of burn in at this point... Any suggestions?

Return it and try another headphone. Maybe you need an XB500? I don't think they're VERY bass heavy. Definitely not balanced sounding, but not too bad.

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,228 of 2,849
You will be very pleased after a few weeks. I paired mine with a portable and they have very deep bass.
Prakhar I did a easy mod by placing stickers over the openings. I think I deepened the bass extension. But this doesn't fully close them. I post this a few pages back.

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2,229 of 2,849

Quote:
Return it and try another headphone. Maybe you need an XB500? I don't think they're VERY bass heavy. Definitely not balanced sounding, but not too bad.

I am a basshead and Im content with the headphones over all but its the impact that I dont feel... Im getting a more high end pair of headphones soon enough and the HTF600 are beyond the point of return...
Yeah I agree when you say they arent very bass heavy but they arent balanced. I can definitely hear the bass so thats not a problem but its not at the earthshaking levels that some people advertise.

Or maybe Im just a complete bass head and I need subwwofers strapped to my ears
L3000.gif

Note: Ive had these for a couple of months its just that Ive been to lazy to post about them... Anyway Im content with what the headphones put out, just mentioning what I hear

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,235 of 2,849
What I love about these  is that the bass is DEFINITELY more clear than the xb500s while still having a ton of impact. I did pair it with the fiio e11 and I put the eq setting on it on 2 out of 2. It's amazing,  It doesn't bleed in to the mids to the point of them being recessive and it makes the mids feel very warm.These are now my go to phones for fun and exciting listening. If you want detail, don't get these, if you want a fun and foot tapping experence, what are you waiting for?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back