The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Mar 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #2,146 of 2,849

Quote:
Unfortunately, I was not crazy enough to go through all 143 pages to find this.

Just curious, is the HTF600 practical for portable use?

They are too big for portable use imo. Cable is too long and headphone is a bit big. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #2,147 of 2,849
Hi, guys.

This is the 7th day I've got the panny. Already more then 50 hours burn in. It's much much better than the 1st day. If someone still don't believe burn-in, take this one and try.

I didn't plan to buy this for I have some good cans already, Shure 840, Philips shp9000, JVC 900, ULTRASON DJIPRO...and I seldom listen to cans at home. I wanted to buy a portable one to replace my KOSS PP and Philips SHL9600 only but came up to some nice reviews here about the panny. And it's price tag raised my interest. Here in Hong Kong, it's a little bit more than in us, US$40, but it's still a cheap price. People here usually don't look at those below us125, I mean some.

Anyway, I got it and I am listening to it everyday since. It's really a 'fun' can and enjoyable. Even the first day when I got it , I didn't want to put it down. I have got a 2nd one also in case the price up, :wink:.

Too bad I can't locate the Beyer ear pads here. If someone can help and send it to HK. I will appreciate that.

I will rewire it later and see how much it can improve. :)

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #2,148 of 2,849

Quote:
This is the 7th day I've got the panny. Already more then 50 hours burn in. It's much much better than the 1st day. If someone still don't believe burn-in, take this one and try.

I got them and still don't believe in burn in. They sound the same throughout the whole time. 
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2,150 of 2,849
I was just listening to Change Your Mind by The Killers with these headphones, and at the very end, the "squeaky" noise it makes sounded like it was coming from a different room entirely. That surprised me a bit. Does that mean the soundstage is pretty good? I haven't got any headphones to compare it with. By the way, I only got these cans today, and so far I'm impressed.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2,152 of 2,849
I believe your left driver is out of place. This seems to happen to a few of the guys. They all mention trying to blow into the driver housing and the added air pressure should put your driver back into position.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2,153 of 2,849
Yea it could very well be that. You know it's went back into the right position when you put the headphones back on and hear a "click" sound from the left driver (you can always try press gently on the cup when you put it back on as the "suction" should help to put it back into the very right position after you've blown at it)

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2,155 of 2,849
I posted this in malveaux review thread but I'd most likely get a switfter response here.

How are you guys getting this thumping, slamming reverberating bass because I am not getting it at all. I'm getting more quantity and even slightly more impact with my soundmagic e10s. I have a small head and small ears and there is a small air gap at the bottom of my ears. Is this the problem? I've tried pressing the pad against my head so that there are no air gaps but this doesn't solve the problem. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #2,156 of 2,849

Quote:
I posted this in malveaux review thread but I'd most likely get a switfter response here.

How are you guys getting this thumping, slamming reverberating bass because I am not getting it at all. I'm getting more quantity and even slightly more impact with my soundmagic e10s. I have a small head and small ears and there is a small air gap at the bottom of my ears. Is this the problem? I've tried pressing the pad against my head so that there are no air gaps but this doesn't solve the problem. 

What music are you using? Download Audacity, install, when you open the software, go to the tab "Generate" select "Tone" and put in the frequency in Hz as "30" and then listen to the result. Do the same for 50hz and 60hz.

Very best,

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2,157 of 2,849

Quote:
What music are you using? Download Audacity, install, when you open the software, go to the tab "Generate" select "Tone" and put in the frequency in Hz as "30" and then listen to the result. Do the same for 50hz and 60hz.

Very best,

Ok I can definitely feel those. At my listening levels they are very soft, but increasing the volume actually causes the headphone to vibrate. What should I make out from these tests? All my files are 320kbps or FLAC.

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,158 of 2,849
I am still impressed by the sound that comes out. I paired it with a PA2V2 and feel that the bass is better defined and separate better. I think the PA2V2 improved them a little. Any of you amp these cans?

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #2,159 of 2,849
im confused, due to the crackling noise i got angry and poked the diaphrgam thinking that i broke them but the bass has increased What AWESOME and no crackling anyone care to break it down for me ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back