The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Feb 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #2,056 of 2,849
When I first become interested in these, I was disappointed by the quality and size of the photos available. I could not see details of them, I couldn't judge build quality. As I did with all my phones, here are better photos. Hopefully they will help others have a better clue if these are what they want or not.

(please click on each photo to see full size for better details)
(also sorry for the big text, i want to share them here only and not be used on ebay or such)

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #2,059 of 2,849
I wear glasses and i find these cans to be the most comfortable of the once that i own..Light weight and very low clamping force.  

The shure pads is a bit lighter on the bass probably since i use double layers of foam..Very comfortable and they feel alot better then the stock pads. 

The fit is superb..They are slightly bigger but they look like stock pads on the HTF600...If you got some pads laying arround..Put them on!

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #2,060 of 2,849
Hello again, someone knows if the Beyerdynamic EDT 200 velour pads are in stock in europe? I searched in amazon uk/de/es and they arent available.

ah, and btw, never tried velour pads, are they "hotter" than the original ones?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #2,061 of 2,849

Quote:
I wear glasses and i find these cans to be the most comfortable of the once that i own..Light weight and very low clamping force.  

The shure pads is a bit lighter on the bass probably since i use double layers of foam..Very comfortable and they feel alot better then the stock pads. 

The fit is superb..They are slightly bigger but they look like stock pads on the HTF600...If you got some pads laying arround..Put them on!

Darn it!!!
I didn't know that the Shure pads fit on the pannies!! lol!
Hmmmm... wondering if my extra set of velour pads from the 940s fit them... something to try I guess.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #2,062 of 2,849

Quote:
Hello again, someone knows if the Beyerdynamic EDT 200 velour pads are in stock in europe? I searched in amazon uk/de/es and they arent available.

Thanks.

Search for EDT 250 instead, that's what they sell in europe. Well I think it's mostly only amazon.com which listed it as "EDT 200".

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #2,063 of 2,849

100+ hours in I'll add my thoughts:

Little background, I’m a home theater guy who likes listening to music on his Tannoy’s with a Denon receiver I consider warm. When I upgraded to the Tannoy’s I almost went insane watching broadcast TV, out of nowhere there was edginess to certain male voices on occasion. Over time I came to realize that this was just in the poorly mastered audio recording. None of my blu-rays exhibited this or most shows for that matter. These speakers lifted the veil of my old speakers and presented a much clearer openness and transparency I’d never heard before.

So I gotta say the guys who come in here and right these off as $30 crap cans without a good listen are blowing smoke out their asses. After enough time to really sit, listen and finally compare these I’ve come to realize just how good they are for how little you pay. They’re not giant killers per se but for anyone who doesn’t know the difference, or is just looking for a detailed fun headphone these will truly blow you away. My wife bought me Beats Solos for my birthday a couple years ago which I returned 2 days later, so dark, muddy and no detail to write home about; pretty sad for $200 Canadian at the time. That’s how I found Head-Fi.

My owner ear experience to date has been budget in ears and a cheap PC gamer headset. You have to understand I get sweaty palms just thinking about spending money so making the jump to high end stuff I’ve never heard before would almost kill me. Well OK these aren’t so bad and people seem to be raving about em – let’s spend $30 (well $50 shipped)....... Holding breath......

*With that said I’ve still been able to borrow an auditioned many a Sennheiser HD555 or similar and always enjoyed their detail but greatly missed the bassy warmth.

Enter the Pannasonic HTF-600S.

BASS: The Panny’s have just that, impact and warmth that make them fun, but not at the expense of a lot of detail or bloat. Bass is never lacking and extends quite low, it never lags behind and supports everything else almost a little too well at times. However you never get that feeling like someone bumped the subwoofer dial and it’s up too high congesting the rest of the music.

MIDS/HIGHS: Although the treble seems to roll off early and it lacks that detail monster sparkle, surprisingly there’s a ton of detail and it’s presented just right for what you get. I thought there was something wrong with these as I was hearing edginess, almost distortion in certain recordings, but remembering what my Tannoy’s had exposed I went back and listened to the same songs on other sources. Well it’s there too, but my cheap and coloured PC speakers masked it quite well as did my budget IEM’s. The HTF600’s have lifted a huge veil off my music and opened things right up exposing the poor quality of some of my 192kbs and revealing the audio goodness of Flacs. There’s a great sense of space in these and the presentation does a decent job placing things around you. It’s not pin point accurate but you get the idea. The midrange presents vocals nicely towards the front; they never get lost behind anything or feel recessed. The lack of extra sparkle comes with a bonus so to speak, making these so easy to listen too for extended periods of time with any fatigue.

Oh isolation....... where are you? I sit next to the server room at work and will be switching back to iems (now to find better iems). Isolation is really low and I catch myself far too often turning up the volume to levels that are not too good for most. However the Panny’s will be moved to home stepping in as my new PC gamers and computer music listening cans.

I’ll mention I gave up on trying to EQ these. I really have fallen in love with what they do flat, never truly excelling in any one area, basically just doing everything very well in a fun, pleasant and detailed manner.

What it boils down to is I can listen to everything from classical to rap and never feel like I’m really missing out on anything. I get a thoroughly fun and almost hi-fi sense of listening to music on a limited budget. So to the Beats crowd out there save yourself a few hundred dollars and just get these or to anyone else who wants good, fun quality sound for next to nothing go buy now.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2,064 of 2,849
I only wish other manufacturers would give up some more value for the bucks these represent. You enjoy them headphones there jddesigned. I have well over 300 hours of use on mine and they still perform like they did when I first did this thread. It is the headphones that give and give again. Love my cheapo Pannies.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #2,065 of 2,849

Quote:

Thanks.

http://www.thomann.de/de/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back