The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Jan 16, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #1,831 of 2,849
I made my own custom EQ profile for foobar2000 anyone can download here:
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/54118667/file.html

This you can just drag and drop anywhere and load it from the stock foobar2000 EQ. I feel like this profile preserves the original sound of the music without altering it too much. The bass might be a little bit much for some though.
I found that these headphones respond well to W shaped curve, rather than a V. Might just be my personal preference.

In my opinion the Dolby Headphone effect sounds like just what it is, an added-on effect. Some may like it but for me I prefer the the original sound of the music without alteration.
Some added bass never hurt anyone though. :wink:

By the way I have an X-Fi Platinum sound card, so that's working as the amp. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #1,832 of 2,849

Quote:
I made my own custom EQ profile for foobar2000 anyone can download here:
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/54118667/file.html

This you can just drag and drop anywhere and load it from the stock foobar2000 EQ. I feel like this profile preserves the original sound of the music without altering it too much. The bass might be a little bit much for some though.
I found that these headphones respond well to W shaped curve, rather than a V. Might just be my personal preference.

In my opinion the Dolby Headphone effect sounds like just what it is, an added-on effect. Some may like it but for me I prefer the the original sound of the music without alteration.
Some added bass never hurt anyone though. :wink:

By the way I have an X-Fi Platinum sound card, so that's working as the amp. 

I also apply especially a slight boost around 500Hz while keeping the lowest point of the curve at 250Hz slider. My 10-band EQ on my soundcard is obviously more limited in frequency choices but I think around 1kHz (well could probably be the 800 ~ 1kHz or so area) it's the most forward in the mids and needs to be a notch lower than compared to 500Hz and 2kHz. So I wouldn't either apply a perfect V-shape curve if I'd use an EQ with more bands on it but with a 10-band EQ it becomes fairly [size=x-small]V-shaped except for the slight boost at 500Hz due to the limited choices of frequency bands.[/size]

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #1,833 of 2,849

Quote:

EQ, although I noticed they don't respond well to EQing without amping.

Try this Dolby Headphone config I tweaked for you to add quite a bit more bass, at least it should give you a noticable bass increase over stock.

foobar2000.v1.1.6.Dolby.Headphone.HTF600.(NateZ28)-RPGWiZaRD.zip

Still not enough, grab a digiZoid ZO2 amp and your bass cravings will be gone forever.

man i want the same amount of bass that i get on my laptop (SRS powered) on my iPad will that "ZO2 AMP" do that? if so can you please post a site from which i can buy them please, im in the UK

P.S i tried searching for ZO2 amp on google and no luck

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #1,834 of 2,849

Quote:
man i want the same amount of bass that i get on my laptop (SRS powered) on my iPad will that "ZO2 AMP" do that? if so can you please post a site from which i can buy them please, im in the UK

P.S i tried searching for ZO2 amp on google and no luck

You can easily buy directly from digizoid's site http://www.digizoid.com/zo/ in case you have paypal. The shipping is suprisingly cheap too. I'd imagine you can even get a little more bass with ZO2, it can take you from just slightly hearing it to slightly starting to even feel it depending on the headphone a bit.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #1,843 of 2,849
Sure. Maybe.

1. Remove earpad by gently pulling it away from the earcup.

2. Unsnap the outer ring on the back of the earcup. I like to use the rounded edge of a paper clip and gently pry the tabs which are visible once the earpad is removed.

3. Press on the black tabs that hold the baffle on. Then the driver/baffle and earcup will separate and you can see if there is something loose or touching inside.
If not then you might have a bad driver unit.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,845 of 2,849
lol, so idk how many months its been since i sent these in to get repaired, before Thanksgiving for sure
biggrin.gif
Will i ever see them again? Ultrasone is filling in nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back