The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Dec 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #1,726 of 2,849
I found a Canadian store that deals with Superlux just yesterday when answering in another thread.  The Superlux 681 is $32 Canadian there:  http://www.pawmusic.com/

The Superlux 681, the 688 or the Samson you found would be better choices in my opinion. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #1,727 of 2,849
The superlux and samson are supposed to be more of a detail oriented can.  Not as much bass but better clarity.  different sound signatures.  Its like comparing a meat cleaver to a pairing knife...they are both knives but have different purposes. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,728 of 2,849

Quote:
I found a Canadian store that deals with Superlux just yesterday when answering in another thread.  The Superlux 681 is $32 Canadian there:  http://www.pawmusic.com/collections/headphones 

The Superlux 681, the 688 or the Samson you found would be better choices in my opinion. 

That site with shipping is $48~ CAD.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #1,730 of 2,849
That's the thing, I don't even know what I want. That's why the whole headphone thing is confusing the hell out of me. Here's my history with headphones. Some refurbished Labtec on ear, refurbished Logitech on ear, and now still using for 3 years retail Plantronics Gamecom 367. The Labtec and Logitech sounded like mono and the Gamecom 367 sounds ugly without EQ.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #1,732 of 2,849
buy both so you know. that's the beauty of starting with these less expensive gems. They aren't usually built like tanks and sometimes have particular flaws, but its OK because its a great way to introduce yourself into the world of different signatures.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #1,735 of 2,849
All sorts... Progressive trance [AvB/Dash Berlin], indie/punk/alternative/pop rock[The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Billy Talent, Matchbox 20, Avril Lavigne], melodic hardcore [Alexisonfire], acoustic [City And Colour, Secondhand Serenade], oldie rock [The Grass Roots, Stone Roses], hiphop [Forte Minor, serious Eminem], Mandarin pop/hiphop [Jay Chou, Fahrenheit], Mandarin soul/pop [Khalil Fong] among other things that aren't off the top of my head.

As for games, all sorts other than RTS or strategy in general. At the moment I'm playing CS 1.6, Bastion, Grid, Assassin's Creed,

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #1,737 of 2,849

Quote:
All sorts... Progressive trance [AvB/Dash Berlin], indie/punk/alternative/pop rock[The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Billy Talent, Matchbox 20, Avril Lavigne], melodic hardcore [Alexisonfire], acoustic [City And Colour, Secondhand Serenade], oldie rock [The Grass Roots, Stone Roses], hiphop [Forte Minor, serious Eminem], Mandarin pop/hiphop [Jay Chou, Fahrenheit], Mandarin soul/pop [Khalil Fong] among other things that aren't off the top of my head.

As for games, all sorts other than RTS or strategy in general. At the moment I'm playing CS 1.6, Bastion, Grid, Assassin's Creed,

Well I will tell you. I think you will be fine with a HTF600.. The one thing the HTF600 does well over the others you mentioned is that they are comfortable and because they have a warm sound vs and bright sounding Samson or Superlux phone you can listen to your tunes without any type of hearing fatigue.  For single player games the HTF600 is awesome.  Go for the HTF600. See how you like them for your uses.

Quote:
Does anyone notice a rattling sound in the right cup when listening to bassy music?

The rattle could be a piece of hair believe it or not. try looking into your driver to see if there is any material in there. I remember RPGwizard had this same issue a while back.

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,739 of 2,849
I had orderded Panasonic RP-HTF 600 from one of the online site, but they delievered Technics RP-F600 instead. 
There specifications are same,
are they same headphone being sold with a different name?
or what is the case?

Please share your experiences guys?

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #1,740 of 2,849
Looks like the same headphone, but a rebrand. Cool find. 

Quote:
I had orderded Panasonic RP-HTF 600 from one of the online site, but they delievered Technics RP-F600 instead. 
There specifications are same,
are they same headphone being sold with a different name?
or what is the case?

Please share your experiences guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back