The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Dec 26, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,712 of 2,849

Quote:
Ok, after I burning in it more, bass is back, treble is better, and mid is very sweet. With me, HTF600S is very good.

Funny how many people comment on the bass disappearing during the burn-in process but comes back alive later on, suppose there must be some truth in that. I was close to give up on those HTF600 due to lack of bass for my taste but then I was like, What were has this bass been hiding? :p

I remember at first listen I had probs with uppermids not being pronounced enough and bass was somewhat muddy sounding. Then bass disappeared, mids come out a bit more, soundstage was always a bit dissappointing and then later the bass came back, mids are very forward sounding and after 50hrs+ soundstage started improving to become very satisfying from being a bit too cramped at first.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #1,713 of 2,849
Yes lol, I'm the same. I know this is crazy, but bass in HTF600S knows how to play hide and seek.
At first, right out of the box, it's muddy, very bad soundstage. My friend said lol, i wont buy it from you anymore, i will buy your monoprice.
Then I burn in, bass disappear, nearly no bass, then reappear after more than 2 days, with smoother mid and treble.
I will show HTF600S to my friend this week, so I can hear his comment again.

Updated: I have modded my pana like RPG. GREAT! I like this treble, mid, and bass. Lost a bit of bass, but more nice. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #1,715 of 2,849
You need a complete close cup for that..

Sony ZX700
Shure SRH440
JVC HAM750    All these will isolate much better. The HTF600 does not isolate well as it has all sorts of vents on them. It is a semi open design.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #1,717 of 2,849
Sorry about the weight issue. I had a stiff neck before I wore them. Or maybe I have a weak neck.

They are many of these headphones here for sale. Too bad no one notices them though. People here like Bose and Beats better than other headphone brands. :frowning2:

Not me. Thanks Dsnuts for a wonderful find.
basshead.gif

btw do anyone know how the quickfit works?

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #1,719 of 2,849
You hold down the button and then it comes to a set length. If you hold down the button and pull the headband to the length it forces the headphone to on both sides, it'll be equally matched.

The smaller QuickFit fits me perfectly. 

Quote:
Sorry about the weight issue. I had a stiff neck before I wore them. Or maybe I have a weak neck.

They are many of these headphones here for sale. Too bad no one notices them though. People here like Bose and Beats better than other headphone brands. :frowning2:

Not me. Thanks Dsnuts for a wonderful find.
basshead.gif

btw do anyone know how the quickfit works?

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #1,720 of 2,849
Oh. Thanks SanjiWatsuki. I think I'll prefer them not modded.

They also did not listen to Nujabes I think Kyon Thinh.
smile.gif

The thing that caught my eyes when I saw the box was the huge 50mm driver. That was when I bought it. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #1,721 of 2,849
Well, before I bought htf600s, I am just a lurker. Then I get tired of portapro and lucky found this thread. After the mod, I enjoy listening Orchestra. Basson sounds too addictive, I cant believe it. Now I am listen to Mozart, Beethoven .

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #1,722 of 2,849

Quote:
Well, before I bought htf600s, I am just a lurker. Then I get tired of portapro and lucky found this thread. After the mod, I enjoy listening Orchestra. Basson sounds too addictive, I cant believe it. Now I am listen to Mozart, Beethoven .

Which mod are you talking about exactly? Removing inside foam covering the vents and then partially covering the holes afterwards or something else?

Dec 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #1,724 of 2,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyon Thinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do as you told, remove inside foam, covering all holes except the bottom hole.

OK, yea I thought I heard more details in the mids afterwards but I wasn't quite sure, since I hadn't fully burnt it in when I did that mod either I couldn't be sure if it was burn-in or the mod but I thought the mids or around 1~2kHz or so it started sounding more forward, female vocals especially seemed to come alive which I first thought were slightly too muffled and pushed back for my taste.

These days I haven't used HTF600 much since I got M-Audio Q40 headphones though, they are like an improved HTF600 (more detailed, accurate, neutral sounding in mids & highs and slightly better bass response, about the same quantity but slightly better extension and it's better separated from mids and more textured).

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,725 of 2,849
So I know this thread is HTF600 heavy but I still like more opinions before I pull the trigger. Price is definitely a concern when buying something for me, and I prefer to minimalize buyers remorse as much as possible. First I'm Canadian so prices are different when you start to include import fees and shipping. The headphones in my price range are the HTF600, HA-RX700, HD681, and the SR850.

The HTF600 [cheapest I could find] are importing from Amazon.com
Summary
Items:                                   $32.30
Shipping & Handling:             $15.97
Total Before Tax:                        $48.27
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:   $0.00
Import Fees Deposit              $5.98
Order Total:                             $54.25

The HA-RX700
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380397409143
Product: US $34.95
Shipping: US $14.64 USPS First Class Mail
Total: $49.59

The HD681
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270881130657
Product: US $36.99
Shipping: US $6.99 USPS First Class Mail
Total: $43.98

The SR850
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samson-SR850-Semi-Open-Studio-Reference-Headphones-/130593056746
Product: US $39.95
Shipping: US $12.00 USPS First Class Mail InternationalTM
Total: $51.95

If you were in my position, which will you choose? No additional ear pads will be bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back