The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Dec 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #1,682 of 2,849
Well it is like this. The Superlux is a great sounding can but the highs will be lively meaning there will be much emphasis on the bright sounds or highs good balance and decent bass as well, even a bigger sound stage but you will notice the highs sometime too much. Sibilance or the SSS sounds will be highlighted. 2,000 hours of burn will mellow this a bit but you will still notice the highs.. An upgrade to this type of sound would be Audio Technica phones for example but much more pleasant but with more refinement and detail in placement of sibilance. The superlux

The HTF600 is a warmer thicker fuller sounding can and the emphasis is more bassy.. No sibilance at all so it is easy to listen to for hours and hours without any hearing fatigue. HTF600. lol!

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #1,685 of 2,849

Quote:
Do someone feel the weight of these? My necks feels strained after wearing it for 2 hours.

Are you serious?

You must have serious problems with most headphones. The Panasonics are very light weight. A metal headphone like the HE-500 would probably topple you over and break you.

Very best,

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #1,687 of 2,849
Sound signature is, of course, an overriding factor, but the detailing and overall quality of the sound felt better coming out of the Superlux. If you can't stand bright headphones, of course the Superlux isn't the headphone for you. I'm just saying that as far as value goes, the Superlux HD681 mops the floor with the HTF600 in terms of resolving details, even after the boominess of the HTF600's bass is equalized to get it out of the mids. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #1,688 of 2,849

Quote:
Do someone feel the weight of these? My necks feels strained after wearing it for 2 hours.

these arent heavy cans.  If your feeling strained from wearing them it is more likely your posture that is causing the strain.

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #1,689 of 2,849

Quote:

Can't be the actual physical weight. These are very light. Might be the boomy bass and boxy midrange that are causing you to tense up and hence the sore neck.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #1,692 of 2,849
If you want footstep detail the Superlux will be better for that.. Those are much more detailed for footstep listening. The HTF600 is better for casual single player gaming more so than any type of competitive gaming. But that being said they aren't bad with footstep detail.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #1,693 of 2,849
I don't want to ruin the mood of this thread, but I tried them. They're a bit cleaner sounding than the XB series but they have zero fidelity. Returned them already, I had it burnt in for 100+ hours.

I don't hate them, they are very musical, but not for me. Also, keep discovering more gems Dsnuts, I enjoyed the FXC51, that's what I consider a giant killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back