The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,081 of 2,849

Quote:
My son's had the same issue, I'm assuming its the shoddy soldering job on that cup, there's a lot of extra cabling left (for band adjustment) and very minimal insulation.  Pretty sure a recable will fix this issue. 

Yea this would be my biggest complaints about these, you should be careful not to drag the cable too much or you might end up with a loose connection. Most headphones have the cable tied up inside to put stress on that part of the cable to avoid the force when putting stress on the cable to be put directly on where it's soldered.

So that would be one thing to bare in mind with these, be careful with that cable, so portable users especially beware.

EDIT: I mean why can't they all just do like this (JVC HA-M5X, similar priced headphone) and there would be like a 10x less chance getting a loose connection (this one you could pull with all your strength and nothing would happen):

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #1,084 of 2,849

Quote:
Bottom Line Telecom has them back in stock for $30.72 shipped (to CA).  Both of mine shipping today.

11 in stock still, no waiting.  
beerchug.gif

Ooh, thanks.  Only 6 left when I just ordered mine.

Oct 25, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #1,087 of 2,849
Well, mine got here a day early. 

I'm already in love with these things.  No where near the detail level of my MS1is, but throwing on Fields of the Nephilim - Psychonaut Lib III, the bass is incredible.  I cannot wait to hear how these sound with a couple of solid days of burn-in.

Makes me a bit worried.  I totally had it in my head that I was upgrading to MS2is in the new year, but I might have to rethink that a bit, and take a look at some Ultrasones or D2000s.

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #1,088 of 2,849
Look at this guys..

0 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

1.0 out of 5 stars Whenever a Headphone takes off on Headfi - BEWARE!!!, October 25, 2011

By 
Viper - See all my reviews

This review is from: Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor (Electronics)

This headphone has been regarded unusually highly on headfi like it is the miracle cure for cancer! I read through the usual ramblings on Headfi by so called expert audiophiles and they were saying this headphone is worth $150 dollars are something crazy like that, they are barely worth $60 and that's being generous! It's the Creative Aurvana Live saga all over again, they were regarded as the best headphones ever at one time on headfi but they were borderline terrible with their warm and fuzzy bass sound. Emm how do these sound I hear you ask, lets see they have a warm bassy sound that's extremely muddled in the low frequencies especially with fast Techno and and electronic genre's so your not going to get the impact you want here! Where are the bold full mids and smooth highs - this dynamic sound headfiers are talking about?? lol it's just not there! It's a cheap can and thats it - cheap and not so cheerful! I'm never reading another headfi article again - bunch of crazies over there spouting complete nonsense!

Viper? Nice name. Usual ramblings.? So this fool thinks we are all just rambling, and all of us don't know what we are talking about evidently..This guys gotta clean out some ear wax.. He is hearing the opposite of what I am hearing. Someone is pissed about his $30 purchase.. Lol!!  I hate to see this guy buying a $300 HP and getting pissed. Cuz we are all just crazy!!

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #1,089 of 2,849

Quote:
Look at this guys..

1.0 out of 5 stars Whenever a Headphone takes off on Headfi - BEWARE!!!, October 25, 2011

By 

This headphone has been regarded unusually highly on headfi like it is the miracle cure for cancer! I read through the usual ramblings on Headfi by so called expert audiophiles and they were saying this headphone is worth $150 dollars are something crazy like that, they are barely worth $60 and that's being generous! It's the Creative Aurvana Live saga all over again, they were regarded as the best headphones ever at one time on headfi but they were borderline terrible with their warm and fuzzy bass sound. Emm how do these sound I hear you ask, lets see they have a warm bassy sound that's extremely muddled in the low frequencies especially with fast Techno and and electronic genre's so your not going to get the impact you want here! Where are the bold full mids and smooth highs - this dynamic sound headfiers are talking about?? lol it's just not there! It's a cheap can and thats it - cheap and not so cheerful! I'm never reading another headfi article again - bunch of crazies over there spouting complete nonsense!

Viper? Nice name. Usual ramblings.? So this fool thinks we are all just rambling, and all of us don't know what we are talking about evidently..This guys gotta clean out some ear wax.. He is hearing the opposite of what I am hearing. Someone is pissed about his $30 purchase.. Lol!!  I hate to see this guy buying a $300 HP and getting pissed. Cuz we are all just crazy!!

ohh well i guess he cant apppreciate the good cheap things in life like chocolate :p

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #1,091 of 2,849
So he admits they're worth double the price he paid, yet they're still horrible?!?

Quote:
Look at this guys..

By 

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #1,092 of 2,849

Quote:
So he admits they're worth double the price he paid, yet they're still horrible?!?

The guy's a moron. Plain and simple. I've had these on my head for literally 12 hours straight. (I really need those velours. ) I haven't been able to take them off. I've been hearing kick drums and discrete notes in bass runs in the music in my library that I haven't heard in decades. No way this bass is "muddy" or whatever the hell he said. I'm not listening to techno or anything, just good old classic rock and blues.  For example, just now, Thirty Days in the Hole, Humble Pie Live.  I just heard parts of that song I had forgotten since High School were even there. It's like my ears are 30 years younger.  Not just bass either. There's some detail here in the higher end too. I've (re)discovered some background keyboards, triangles, handclapping, acoustic guitar, etc. that I'd forgotten, or never knew existed, in songs I've listened to with pretty decent cans hundreds of times over 20 years or more. (I stopped listening to most new stuff sometime in the early 90's.).  I'm tempted to log onto Amazon right now just to give that idiot's review a thumbs down.

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #1,093 of 2,849
These do seem quite hyped! Remember sound quality can be subjective as much as it is initially objective! Once you throw in music into the fray, the whole thing becomes a super subjective mess. How well will these cans do with hardstyle for example? Or how about melodeath? Or something (I personally find dumb but thats just me) like speedcore?

Never trust anything till you see a FR graph and the associated response to square sine wave ones :p

(Oh he's also critising these cans for techno, you can't properly critise his review unless you enjoy and often listen to techno or the subgenres)

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #1,094 of 2,849
At least he promised he's never reading anything here again, so we won't ever have to put up with his stupidity locally.

Quote:
Look at this guys..

By 

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #1,095 of 2,849

Quote:
Look at this guys..

By 

LOL I'm the one who did the Thumb down on that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back