The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 15, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #76 of 2,849
Hi very interested in this now. How would this actually compare against the Ultrasone hfi-580? (which is currently on the way atm) :). If they are around the same then I might just sell the Ultrasone for a pair of these to save some dough.

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #77 of 2,849
I think I found the difference in versions but MAYBE it was an error that stated the "E" was  40 ohm on one site ( amazon uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-RP-HTF600E-S-High-HiFi-Headphone/dp/tech-data/B002R5ABPU/ref=de_a_smtd
) vs the 56 ohm elsewhere.
 The 600-S seems listed all over as 56 OHM

but the Panasonic site itself in the url here seems to have both models listed in the actual url and they show  56 , unless they got sloppy and posted just the one set of specs because the single listing heading is for the 600-S only... You'd think that Panasonic themselves would get it right but...
http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/RP-HTF600/RP-HTF600E-S,en_GB,pd.html

No real differing images either it seems the stock photo is used for all listings, with flash photography making it appear less than black at times more grayish as in the first post here.
I am at a loss. Maybe there's no difference other than color (?).  Maybe the OHMS are different. I'll keep looking. It may be a clue or nothing at all. 

Maybe someone should email Panasonic UK themselves.  Talk about confusing and you'd like to think that stores get it right but often they cut and paste from the OEM site, which seems to be not too clear with only the one listing.

I bet it is the OHMS but don't quote me on it. They would need new glasses to have mistook 56 for 40.  "E" for efficiency?

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #78 of 2,849
Gotta love how much the specs on these varies depending on site you check. I saw a finnish site with 5 - 30kHz advertised frequency response (not bad for a headphone in this priceclass eh). xD Then I've seen some site reporting 56mm drivers too. :p

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #79 of 2,849

Quote:
Hi very interested in this now. How would this actually compare against the Ultrasone hfi-580? (which is currently on the way atm)
smily_headphones1.gif
. If they are around the same then I might just sell the Ultrasone for a pair of these to save some dough.

Well let me just say. If you got these Panasonics first and then got your Hfi-580s.. There is a very good chance you might have sent the HFI-580 back.. I am not kidding.. I just did a head to head. I think perhaps the coolest aspect of the sound design on these Panasonics. The BASS acoustics are on another level than most headphones I have used. While the HFI-580 does have impressive mid bass punch and good bass presence..

The Panasonics are one step above them in Bass dynamics while enveloping you in the Bass sounds.. That is the best way to describe it...It is like the S-logic surround on the Ultrasones focus on the entire surround sound.. These Panasonics  sound like the highs and Bass surrounds you while the mids are on your ear..

Resulting in a very fun listening experience... Even if you do end up getting your HFI-580...I would consider trying out these Panasonics..$30 bucks? I think I spent that much on some burgers and fries for my kids the other day.  They have taken over almost a 100% of my headphone time..

Oh one last thing I forgot to mention.. These Pansonics have virtually no discomfort...Unlike the Ultrasones..

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #80 of 2,849

Quote:
Gotta love how much the specs on these varies depending on site you check. I saw a finnish site with 5 - 30kHz advertised frequency response (not bad for a headphone in this priceclass eh). xD Then I've seen some site reporting 56mm drivers too. :p

The specs I listed on the thread are what was on the box... Oh by the way.. My Panasonics HTF-600-S just spoke to me again. You know what it said.?. It just told me.. I will take over your love for the XB500.. No kidding. and it is calling your name RPGWizard.. It just told me this right as i was in the middle of listening to Deadmau5!. .Stange how headphones talk to you. Lol!!!

I am thinking these are all the same models.. Though why would they throw and E on there. Hmmm.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #81 of 2,849
Gosh, can't decide between the Panasonic HTF-600-S or the Samson SR850.

Usage is primarily 80% gaming (non-competitive) and 10% action movies, 10% music (primarily rock, pop).  Care most about comfort and nice bass for gaming.  I find my current koss ksc-75 a little lacking on the bass side, mids and highs are okay.  Explosions have little impact, love the comfort of the ksc-75 however.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #82 of 2,849

Quote:
Gosh, can't decide between the Panasonic HTF-600-S or the Samson SR850.

Usage is primarily 80% gaming (non-competitive) and 10% action movies, 10% music (primarily rock, pop).  Care most about comfort and nice bass for gaming.  I find my current koss ksc-75 a little lacking on the bass side, mids and highs are okay.  Explosions have little impact, love the comfort of the ksc-75 however.

The Panasonics are great on games and movies. It is funny you mention gaming as I was playing some BC2 and Black ops on them earlier today. Great 3D sound on these... Samsons are best for competitive play but a close 2nd would be my Panasonics.. For non competitive play and movies, I would choose the Panasonics as the BASS on these make all explosions and gun fire something you gotta hear..These make great media phones as the off set drivers give you a better surround sound than your average set of cans....For music hands down the Panasonics. Plus.They are cheaper..Can't go wrong with the Panasonics.. I would get one before they start selling out.. I think more and more people are starting to catch onto these..

I see Amazon sold out and now several of their 3rd party vendors are starting to sell out as well. You can get em on buy.com for almost the same price...As for comfort.. There is no issue on that front with the Panasonics.

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #83 of 2,849
I'll pick up one for 60 EUR or whatever if I can't find them in a store here in my hometown. Sounds like they'd be worth that price anyway. The description of very forward / in-your-face mids and nice bass is intriguing, I love big soundstage but I don't like it when also mids/vocals take a distance so it sounds like you'd be sitting somewhere further back in the crowd on a concert. XB500 is like being on the stage. :p

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #85 of 2,849
Thanks for the response.  Wow, you should be a salesman for panasonic, just finished ordering one.

Hopefully these will sound better than another panasonic headphone i had before, the rp-ht227.  Those sounded horrible.  I was actually happy when mine broke.

Quote:
The Panasonics are great on games and movies. It is funny you mention gaming as I was playing some BC2 and Black ops on them earlier today. Great 3D sound on these... Samsons are best for competitive play but a close 2nd would be my Panasonics.. For non competitive play and movies, I would choose the Panasonics as the BASS on these make all explosions and gun fire something you gotta hear..These make great media phones as the off set drivers give you a better surround sound than your average set of cans....For music hands down the Panasonics. Plus.They are cheaper..Can't go wrong with the Panasonics.. I would get one before they start selling out.. I think more and more people are starting to catch onto these..

I see Amazon sold out and now several of their 3rd party vendors are starting to sell out as well. You can get em on buy.com for almost the same price...As for comfort.. There is no issue on that front with the Panasonics.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #86 of 2,849
Does anyone have experience of the 

RP-HTF890 http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/RP-HTF890/RP-HTF890E-S,en_GB,pd.html

please?

I'm after some headphones for late night gaming and movie watching really so the 600 being closed i guess may be better but I'd rather have open as I'm not keen on the pressure and warmth of closed cans.

Also I would expect the 890 to be better for the kind of music I listen to, dance, trance and indie rock.

Any thoughts?

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #87 of 2,849
Woah, they are that good? I would love to get a pair of these along with the HFI-580s, but it seems unlikely given the fact that I'm a student at the moment and every cent counts(no kidding). 30 dollars headphones winning a 127 dollars one. Panasonic seems to have done everything incredibly right here. Will you recommend me to sell the HFI-580s and get the Panasonics though? Been purchasing and selling headphones so much nowadays that it has really become a hobby of mine haha.

Quote:
Well let me just say. If you got these Panasonics first and then got your Hfi-580s.. There is a very good chance you might have sent the HFI-580 back.. I am not kidding.. I just did a head to head. I think perhaps the coolest aspect of the sound design on these Panasonics. The BASS acoustics are on another level than most headphones I have used. While the HFI-580 does have impressive mid bass punch and good bass presence..

The Panasonics are one step above them in Bass dynamics while enveloping you in the Bass sounds.. That is the best way to describe it...It is like the S-logic surround on the Ultrasones focus on the entire surround sound.. These Panasonics  sound like the highs and Bass surrounds you while the mids are on your ear..

Resulting in a very fun listening experience... Even if you do end up getting your HFI-580...I would consider trying out these Panasonics..$30 bucks? I think I spent that much on some burgers and fries for my kids the other day.  They have taken over almost a 100% of my headphone time..

Oh one last thing I forgot to mention.. These Pansonics have virtually no discomfort...Unlike the Ultrasones..

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #88 of 2,849

Quote:
I'll pick up one for 60 EUR or whatever if I can't find them in a store here in my hometown. Sounds like they'd be worth that price anyway. The description of very forward / in-your-face mids and nice bass is intriguing, I love big soundstage but I don't like it when also mids/vocals take a distance so it sounds like you'd be sitting somewhere further back in the crowd on a concert. XB500 is like being on the stage. :p

Well lets just say.. You are gonna love these phones..If you read what Malveaux wrote on his XB500 review. You know he is a serious Bass head.. I can assure you these Panasonics are the real deal.. We was chatting and he mention to me how much you would appreciate this headphone.. I think so too... In fact anyone that has an affinity toward not just Bass but a great fun sounding headphone that does everything right.. These are worth more than what Panasonic is asking for .. Malveaux is not kidding when he mentions these stack up to $150 ones. I have a $230 heaphone in my collection that doesn't do what these does. Wait till more guys chime in don't just take our word for it.. Try n find one, I am willing to bet you it will be one of the best phone purchases of this year for you..

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #89 of 2,849

Quote:
Thanks for the response.  Wow, you should be a salesman for panasonic, just finished ordering one.

Hopefully these will sound better than another panasonic headphone i had before, the rp-ht227.  Those sounded horrible.  I was actually happy when mine broke.

Na I am just letting everyone know about the best hidden Gem I have ever found in a head phone..Oh yea. I have had some serious stinkers for Panasonics as well. Their HT 600DJ cans are atrocious. It was a one tune repack and return but you know what made up for it my Rp-HT770 which shocked me as they turned out to be better than the AD700 in every way.. I think every major electronic/headphone manufacturer makes stinkers.. I can name several for Audio Technica..  These will make up for anything that was stinky on Panasonics end.

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #90 of 2,849

Quote:
Does anyone have experience of the 

RP-HTF890 http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/RP-HTF890/RP-HTF890E-S,en_GB,pd.html

please?

I'm after some headphones for late night gaming and movie watching really so the 600 being closed i guess may be better but I'd rather have open as I'm not keen on the pressure and warmth of closed cans.

Also I would expect the 890 to be better for the kind of music I listen to, dance, trance and indie rock.

Any thoughts?

You prefer open.. Absolutely get the HTF890.. Better than the AD700 in every way.. Even at comfort believe it or not.. It shares many similarities to the AD700 but has better bass presence so much more complete and balanced while maintaining true monitor like detail in music.. The very wide open stage and comfort will win you over.. Great choice for open cans.. Though The HTF600s do Trance, dance better... You won't find much lacking on the  HTF890 .. Those are better for critical listening..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back