The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
May 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #2,795 of 2,849
To me while excellent for 30 bucks, slammin bass, however the vocals suffer on these esp female vocals. They do make excellent bass cans tho.

In what way do vocals suffer?  I've owned my pair for 6 months or so now and haven't had a problem with vocals. 

May 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #2,796 of 2,849
Ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT250 ear pads to install on my MDR-7506s. Put them on.  Didn't like the fit.  I found, for me, the OEM Sony pads just felt better.

Was about to put the DT250 pads up for sale on eBay when I read a post that they also fit the Panasonic HTF600-S headphones.  Slapped them on the HTF 600s and WOW !!!

So much more comfortable than the OEM pads on the Panasonics.  Sound quality is the same, to my ears. 

Highly recommend you try a pair of DT 250 pads on your HTF600s if you get the chance !!

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2,798 of 2,849
The only problem with the Beyer pads on the HTF-600 is that the combined cost of them is $50.

I paid $50 for my Grado SR60i and they utterly destroy the HTF-600 in every way.

Umm, to each his own I guess but my Grado SR60s pale in comparison to the HTF-600, in every way.  I paid $38 for my Grados but I would still take the HTF-600s over the Grados any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,799 of 2,849
I recently bought the HTF-600 off of amazon for $28 just on a whim since I saw some good reviews on the strong bass SQ. I got them for work to keep laying around on my desk and not worry about if they get knocked around. So I tried them on and man was I surprised on how good they sound. Now I have taken them home for rotation on my music. On heavy bass music of course. 

They are definitely fun phones a when it comes to bass, but if you have live recordings they will fall short and that's where the HD650 shine. Funny I am thinking about buying another pair to take to work again.But be careful since they are partially open phones so if you turn up the base people around you will hear...

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2,800 of 2,849
Two week ago my modded RP-HTX7 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/638041/panasonic-rp-htx7-mod-to-the-max) got dead when I trying to clean the pads and checking it. A cable pulled off from driver then I got too lazy to fix it. (*sigh) So I decided to try get another decent ones, RP-HTF600 (Larger driver, deeper bass, higher Impedance) thanks to this thread, DsNuts and this page: http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/rp-ht560.html (FYI, RP-HTF600 is called RP-HT560 in Japan)

Got one today from a local online shop for about 44$. At first try, the bass got overwhelming at mid bass. It's somehow got more and more soften and detailed after I remove thin foam layer and burn it about 6 hours. As expected, it's got sound that very familiar with my RP-HTX7, but with bigger bass and less sharp high treble. Since I got curious about the headphone design and air circulation, so I trying to take a peek and opened it into pieces. Open it into pieces is kinda frustrating process since it's got no screw and breaking any plastic part would make it permanent damage.

So, I learn that RP-HTF600 got pretty different insulation design which is a bit more complex than my RP-HTX7. 
Here's my sketchy drawing of RP-HTF600's (RIGHT) driver:

RP-HTF600 using two rooms for soundstaging/ panning with some opening to connecting each other. I must admit that the opening position and overall design are brilliant. As you can see the opening located to enhance overall parameter (High/ ambience, treble,  middle and bass) and adjusted to your ears.

I'll give some hints for anyone who want mod this can:
- Modding the soundstage, parameter, and isolation can be done trough changing the air pressure inside these room (look at my drawing for adjusting parameters).
- If first room stay closed, air pressure can travel to second room and gives bigger (vertical) soundstage.
- Opening first room may gives horizontal soundstage, which makes it more natural sounding but it must applied in right location, without kill overall parameter.
- Close any opening for more bass and isolation, open any hole for bright sound and better soundstaging.
- Opening holes at body will reducing air pressure, making the headphone less fatiguing.
- Reducing volume of these room will reducing soundstage
- Any fabric and memory foam will reducing excess parameter and clarity at the same time.
- Memory foam can gives more bass if applied correctly

Well,since I haven't doing any mod, I didn't have any detailed adjustment yet, just sketchy concept.   (But my guts telling me that it may became great after recabled using canare L2T2S and Canare F-12 jack.....)

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,801 of 2,849
I absolutely love these headphones. I picked up a pair a little over a year ago and couldn't be happier with them. They're my first "High end" headphones. My only gripes are that I wish they were a bit more robust in their construction (probably why they're so affordable) and had a detachable cord (which I think all headphones should) because sometimes I don't want a 10 foot cord.

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2,804 of 2,849
For some reason the "Search This Thread" button isn't working so I'm just going to ask. Are there any replacement leatherette/pleather ear pads for this headphone?

Will these work? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KXRZPAU/

Maybe these? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Z9JWZS/

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #2,805 of 2,849
For some reason the "Search This Thread" button isn't working so I'm just going to ask. Are there any replacement leatherette/pleather ear pads for this headphone?

Will these work? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KXRZPAU/

Maybe these? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Z9JWZS/

Those Shure pads might fit.  I had the headphone and put on the Beyerdynamic 250 pads (velour) and they were a perfect fit.  That number (250) may be wrong but if Google it you'll find something like that number.  Sorry I can't remember the right number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back