The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #601 of 2,849
Hey all,

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and after reading all the glowing reviews I decided to pull the trigger and pick them up for myself a couple weeks back. My other pair of headphones are the Sennheiser HD 555's which I bought a while ago and I decided I wanted something a little more energetic and fun to play around with.

They arrived last Friday and I couldn't put them down over the weekend. Pretty much everything that I've wanted to say has already been said... amazing headphones for such a low price, albeit a slightly steeper one since I'm from Canada. Ended up being ~$60 shipped from a seller on Amazon.ca. The listing has been since taken down and my pair was delayed by a week because of stock issues. I guess these things really are flying off the shelves :p.

I've really grown used to the cloth/velour cushions that the Sennheisers have so I'm interested in picking up a pair of those Beyerdynamic replacement pads. However, I can't seem to find any seller that will ship to Canada. Does anybody know a place that will ship internationally (and not charge an arm and a leg) or am I out of luck? 

Thanks Dsnuts and everybody else here who have shared their experiences with these Panasonics. Great find and well worth the ~$60 I paid. Absolutely amazing deal for anybody that has access to them for $30! :)

(Also... it's my first post! \o/ )

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #602 of 2,849
Welcome to Headfi and ya it is a complete shame that our Canadian brothers have to pay double for these..But you did get them and I do believe you are the first Canadian to post that owns them..Well worth double/ triple.. As for the velours..There has to be an outlet in Canada that sells them. Check every place online in Canada..Well worth tracking down for a pair..If you find a place please post the link here to help out others. Panasonic should just make them with the velours imo.

Only if someone there reads these forums and see that airy velour pads improve their outstanding phones. They can charge extra and I think everyone would be just fine with that. Technically we are for the extra Beyer pads anyhow. You enjoy your new found phones and keep an eye out on this thread for more developments. You never know what or how these will improve with more people getting on board the HTF600 wagon.

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #604 of 2,849
Oct 17, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #605 of 2,849

Quote:
Hey all,
I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and after reading all the glowing reviews I decided to pull the trigger and pick them up for myself a couple weeks back. My other pair of headphones are the Sennheiser HD 555's which I bought a while ago and I decided I wanted something a little more energetic and fun to play around with.
They arrived last Friday and I couldn't put them down over the weekend. Pretty much everything that I've wanted to say has already been said... amazing headphones for such a low price, albeit a slightly steeper one since I'm from Canada. Ended up being ~$60 shipped from a seller on Amazon.ca. The listing has been since taken down and my pair was delayed by a week because of stock issues. I guess these things really are flying off the shelves :p.
I've really grown used to the cloth/velour cushions that the Sennheisers have so I'm interested in picking up a pair of those Beyerdynamic replacement pads. However, I can't seem to find any seller that will ship to Canada. Does anybody know a place that will ship internationally (and not charge an arm and a leg) or am I out of luck? 
Thanks Dsnuts and everybody else here who have shared their experiences with these Panasonics. Great find and well worth the ~$60 I paid. Absolutely amazing deal for anybody that has access to them for $30! :)
(Also... it's my first post! \o/ )

Try Sweetwater, the pads are currently on back order, do not know if they ship to Canada.

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #606 of 2,849
Hey Jibbie. can't wait to hear what you got to say about these. lol. Excited to hear your impressions from a fellow basshead and Denon owner.! Please do burn them in a bit for the experience.lol!!

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #607 of 2,849
Haha have I posted in this thread?  I must have, or you're an incredible psychic who knew I was reading the thread lol.  
beerchug.gif

Anyways, yeah I'm ordering them today or tomorrow, and will most likely use them on airplane rides and when I'm back home during college breaks.  Of course, I don't expect them to be better than the D5000, that would be tragic, but rather I expect them to be very good bass headphones for 30 dollars.  

Quote:
Hey Jibbie. can't wait to hear what you got to say about these. lol. Excited to hear your impressions from a fellow basshead and Denon owner.! Please do burn them in a bit for the experience.lol!!

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #608 of 2,849
Na I read your comment on another thread I knew you would end up trying them out.. I will tell you these won't be like your D5000s..But you will be surprised by them..Ya in fact just think of them as being a good $30 headphone and then take a good listen.. You will be like $30?? Seriously??!!

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #609 of 2,849
Yeah that is what I'm hoping for.  I won't try them with the velours initially, maybe I'll get those later.  Like I said, I just want a good pair of cheap headphones for plane trips back home, portable use, etc.

Quote:
Na I read your comment on another thread I knew you would end up trying them out.. I will tell you these won't be like your D5000s..But you will be surprised by them..Ya in fact just think of them as being a good $30 headphone and then take a good listen.. You will be like $30?? Seriously??!!

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #610 of 2,849

Quote:
Yeah that is what I'm hoping for.  I won't try them with the velours initially, maybe I'll get those later.  Like I said, I just want a good pair of cheap headphones for plane trips back home, portable use, etc. 

Heya,

They're no D5000. Nor D2000. But they are quite good for tiers below those particular headphones, for example. For $30, it's quite a silly good headphone.

Very best,

Oct 17, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #612 of 2,849

Quote:
I just checked my tracking number that Amazon sent me and apparently the velor pads should be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to try them out. 
biggrin.gif

The Velours add to what is already an outstanding phone and you would figure the Bass would suffer.. This is not the case at all..I spent this whole evening listening to the newest AVB. Just absolutely outstanding with the HTF600s and velours.

SO I just did a head to head comparison against a old time great the Denon 1001Ks aka Cals.. They do sound good and smooth but sound like a portable version of the HTF600 with less bass and tonality.  No comparison. The HTF600 is better fuller sounding over them. With wider stage to boot. Another more expensive can that got the STEP..

Tunes tested for Bass tonality punch  and command. Prepare for some serious Driver vibration!!. WOOT!!

For  bass end tonality..Check this one against your other cans.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #613 of 2,849
I approve the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S & FiiO E10 combo.

I am having wayyy too much fun! Happy listening everyonee~! 
beyersmile.png

Also posted an unboxing in the FiiO E10 impressions thread.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #614 of 2,849
What, exactly, is tonality?

I know what a specific tone is, but that's a steady frequency. I have no idea how "tonality" fits into an actual bit of music.

Testing for bass volume, control, and impact is at least something I can understand, just not things like "tonality" or "musicality" that sound completely subjective and loosely defined.

(I can't wait to start comparing and contrasting two VERY different headphones tomorrow...maybe it'll help me understand this stuff.)

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #615 of 2,849

Quote:
What, exactly, is tonality?

I know what a specific tone is, but that's a steady frequency. I have no idea how "tonality" fits into an actual bit of music.

Testing for bass volume, control, and impact is at least something I can understand, just not things like "tonality" or "musicality" that sound completely subjective and loosely defined.

(I can't wait to start comparing and contrasting two VERY different headphones tomorrow...maybe it'll help me understand this stuff.)

tonality In music, the quality of an instrument's tone, often related to the key in which the music is written. In audio, mistakenly used in place of "tonal quality." "

Taken from http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/bbs/stereophile_audio-glossary.html

Not sure if that would help, but I hope so! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back