The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Feb 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #2,000 of 2,849
Feb 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #2,002 of 2,849

Quote:
maybe better buy from amazon.com or what? :) I mean as long as the shipping is $20 at the worst($30 phones + $20 shipping = $50..), still not sure though, thats why Im asking you..

Don't know if you looked at the link before I edited the link or not, at first I chose the "priority" delivery option by mistake which is expensier = £15, the standard delivery is only £5 though, £34.36 wouldn't be so bad. If you order from US you will have a great risk of having to pay custom fees too, don't know what VAT you use in your country, in mine it's 23%. I would definitely rather order from amazon.co.uk for £35 and you'll receive it probably a few days sooner too. I personally value the sound quality of the headphone around ~100 EUR / $100, so £35 is still a good deal for the sound you get.

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2,003 of 2,849

Quote:
Don't know if you looked at the link before I edited the link or not, at first I chose the "priority" delivery option by mistake which is expensier = £15, the standard delivery is only £5 though, £34.36 wouldn't be so bad. If you order from US you will have a great risk of having to pay custom fees too, don't know what VAT you use in your country, in mine it's 23%. I would definitely rather order from amazon.co.uk for £35 and you'll receive it probably a few days sooner too. I personally value the sound quality of the headphone around ~100 EUR / $100, so £35 is still a good deal for the sound you get.

Thanks man i love you :) lol *not gay*

And a question for all of you audiophiles - Is this HTF600-S the best headphone in this price range? If it is - then sure as hell im buying it :)

Please give your opinions.

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #2,004 of 2,849

Quote:
And a question for all of you audiophiles - Is this HTF600-S the best headphone in this price range? If it is - then sure as hell im buying it :)

Depends on what sound you're looking for, if you're looking for a flat response (where bass, mids and highs are about equally strong) with the most analytical/detailed sound then there's a lot better options. However if you for example demand a boosted bass response, a headphone that's just engaging, fun, enjoyable to listen to that makes you wanna dance with the music, then HTF600 is among the best choices. HTF600 is meant to enjoy the music with, not analyze it. :p

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #2,005 of 2,849

Quote:

Depends on what sound you're looking for, if you're looking for a flat response (where bass, mids and highs are about equally strong) with the most analytical/detailed sound then there's a lot better options. However if you for example demand a boosted bass response, a headphone that's just engaging, fun, enjoyable to listen to that makes you wanna dance with the music, then HTF600 is your bet. HTF600 is meant to enjoy the music with, not analyze it. :p

better options in this price range? lol glad to hear - please share :p

im not necessarily looking for a bass can, looking for

Quote:
  1. brilliant soundstage
  2. great sound quality
  3. accuracy
  4. rich sound
  5. detail
  6. critical listening
  7. detachable cable (haha this is kinda funny yes, but I need it to be detachable - a lot of cables Ive damaged before, and I dont have a friend electrician)

that I copied from another thread as i'm realizing that headphones for $30+ - cant deliver any of that, or most of that.
+ I want to be able to determine the  exact position of footsteps (Cs 1.6)

So thats what I'm looking for. :)

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #2,007 of 2,849
Got these in the mail just awhile ago...

It seems that when I first listen to a headphone and don't like them immediately, this rarely ever changes. Sometimes with amp changes.

When unboxing them I was seriously laughing and expecting them to be the worst piece of junk ever. Sorry!
For $30, the build quality isn't too bad.

The sound isn't as muffled as I was expecting. I remember when I had the Kicker HP541 I was basically disgusted with the sound clarity and it's bass bleed. These aren't too bad..yet.
Straight out of the box nothing really bothered me. Sounded OK on first listen. I bet from an Ipod Touch they'd have bloated bass, but maybe not.

The bass on a very neutral source doesn't seem too overkill. Doesn't feel bass heavy, but very close. Less bass than an M50 I think. A tiny bit more bass than my DJ100 with M50 pads. Seems like it anyway.
To me, the DJ100 has the perfect amount of bass and I always felt it has good lower bass without being excessive. The DJ100 just doesn't seem to have that mid-bass hump that everyone loves.

Based on earlier impressions, the DJ100 and HTF-600 seem to have some similarities. I don't think the DJ100 is as warm though. DJ100 probably has more treble.

Did someone say these are a basshead headphone? Doesn't really seem like it yet. Way less bass than the HP541, XB500, D1100, DT-770 Pro. I guess that's a good thing to me.

IMO these are far better than that HP541 I had previously.

BTW I'm sure this has been mentioned a 100 times, but the M50 pads fit perfectly.
You'd probably have to remove their foam backing or else you'd have double foam muffling the sound. Mine have the foam removed.
M50 pads are a little softer and thinner.

EDIT: something in it's signature is kind of fatiguing my ears. Probably the mids. What the heck? Guess I'll give them some burn in tonight. I'll have to compare the forwardness of it's mids vs the DJ100. That'll be interesting to compare. Female vocals seem a lot more forward on the DJ100, which is no surprise.

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,008 of 2,849
LuciferRising> Check Superlux HD-668B, should fit your needs.

tdockweiler> The bass usually starts shining after like 50 hrs of burn in. These definitely have more bass than M50, those didn't satisfy the basshead in me, these do. I also think they have significantly more mid-bass than DT770 Pro but slightly less subbass.

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,009 of 2,849

Quote:
In this price range, I also like the Koss UR-55. They aren't as comfortable (on-ear vs. around ear), but I prefer the sound signature - bass is a little tighter and they aren't as dark as the HTF-600.

I prefer over-ear headphones, never got used to any other kind of headphones, except Over-ear:) just feels pretty uncomfortable. but thanks anyway :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back