The PA2V2 Thread
Apr 10, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #511 of 752
Hey! what kind of setup do you use? I only seem to have that problem when I connect the PA2V2 to my ipod, not through the audio jack, but the special ipod jack thing. Ive switched back to connecting it to my ipod's audio jack but I really prefer the sound from the special ipod jack...

Quote:
I experienced something like that when it went past the middle to high volume. Sent my in to repair two weeks ago, I miss having it so much!
Proud owner for three years!

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #512 of 752
Hey! what kind of setup do you use? I only seem to have that problem when I connect the PA2V2 to my ipod, not through the audio jack, but the special ipod jack thing. Ive switched back to connecting it to my ipod's audio jack but I really prefer the sound from the special ipod jack...

Quote:
I experienced something like that when it went past the middle to high volume. Sent my in to repair two weeks ago, I miss having it so much!
Proud owner for three years!

I connect it with a 3.5mm cable I made with my iPhone 3GS, and also used the same cable with my sound card on the desktop (hissing sound occured with both scenarios). I've since purchased a fio LOD to use with my iPhone but have yet to try it since I sent my amp in for repair.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #514 of 752
Good luck! Just got an email reply from Gary that he received my amp a few days ago, fixed it and already sent it back! Can't wait to get it back as I do miss not being able to use it.

Quote:
thanks a lot! I'll see what's going on

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #516 of 752

Quote:
Was trying to look into getting one of these amps, unfortunately it looks like Gary's site is down or something... Hopefully it'll be back up soon.

The site is up and running here. Try again later, might have to do with your ISP.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #517 of 752
Quote:
Was trying to look into getting one of these amps, unfortunately it looks like Gary's site is down or something... Hopefully it'll be back up soon.

The site is up and running here. Try again later, might have to do with your ISP.

Woke up this morning and was able to get onto the site fine, emailed Gary and within a couple hours he responded back. So far awesome guy to deal with look forward to trying out his product

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #519 of 752
hey, all of you with the hissing problems, i heard that putting 2xAA rechargeable batteries in the amp should fix it

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #520 of 752
You are _only_ supposed to use rechargeable batteries with the PA2V2.  Period.  :)
Quote:
hey, all of you with the hissing problems, i heard that putting 2xAA rechargeable batteries in the amp should fix it

Apr 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #521 of 752

Hi there.

Indeed Gary is one of the coolest guys i ever dealt with. I had some trouble with the reception of the amp too (waited for around 4 weeks). Then i send a mail to Gary and he said he would just send  another one. The second one arrived in about a week but i never received the first one. His customer care should be a model to some companies.

Quote:
You are _only_ supposed to use rechargeable batteries with the PA2V2.  Period.  :)

I would like to know why we are supposed to use the PA2V2 with rechargeable batteries? Classic ones don't cut it? Using AC to DC converter spoils the sound?

Im just curious because i only use it with rechargeable batteries and not the AC adapter (compatibility with europe) 

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #522 of 752
MLTR, here's why rechargeables are best..

What do the rechargeables do that make the amp sound better? Don't rechargeable AA batteries provide the same voltage as alkaline batteries?

Rechargeable batteries don't make the amp sound better, they make the amp sound right. You should have read the instructions on Gary's site, he explicitely says that it's rechargeable batteries that are to be used. Alkaline batteries have higher voltages that just aren't suited for the amp. So the solution is simple, put a pair of rechargeables and you'll be all set. It's a night and day difference.

Qualitative comments and hyperbole aside:
http://www.electric-avenues.com/pa2_instructions.html

Required voltage = 2.4 V (or 2x 1.2 V)
Alkaline/"regular" AA battery voltage = 1.5 V per battery

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #523 of 752
I would like to know why we are supposed to use the PA2V2 with rechargeable batteries? Classic ones don't cut it? Using AC to DC converter spoils the sound?

Im just curious because i only use it with rechargeable batteries and not the AC adapter (compatibility with europe) 

I wonder that myself. Neither the chip nor any components inside the amp seems to limit the voltage, yet it just doesn't work with regular AA.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #524 of 752

Quote:

Hi there.

Indeed Gary is one of the coolest guys i ever dealt with. I had some trouble with the reception of the amp too (waited for around 4 weeks). Then i send a mail to Gary and he said he would just send  another one. The second one arrived in about a week but i never received the first one. His customer care should be a model to some companies.

completely agree with you,i received finally my Pav some weeks ago;unfortunately (cause i live in the otherside of americas) i had to wait 2 months ,and almost sure that my pack was lost, gary told me he would send me another delivery or he would send me the money back,fortunately did not needed.nice customer service btw,it pairs well with a sansa zip,especially when i need a more powerful energy for my dt990 250.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #525 of 752
Two things are a must? Rechargeables and a LOD. There is a big difference in sound coming from a LOD than 3.5 mm cable. You use those and you will have no problems.
Gary is amazing. Nothing but good things to say about how well he treats his customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back