The PA2V2 Thread
May 17, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #541 of 752
I've had the pa2v2 for about a year now, first i just used it for my k272's but it does wonders for any cans.

And Gary is an amazing guy;

The first amp i recived was a bit glitchy, i emailed him and apparently i had gotten an experiment amp that got mixed in with the others.
I got a replacement within a week, which is impressive cause i live in sweden.

it's been working flawlessly since.

May 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #543 of 752
^ I payed $60 for mine without ebay not sure about your headphones yes you can use it with your computer you just need the right cable which gary provides you with one.

May 20, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #545 of 752
May 21, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #546 of 752
In terms of just the amp I find the pa2v2 has more authority then e7/e17

May 21, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #547 of 752
Man I love my PA2V2.Gary is the most generous person i ever meet online.
He gave stuff fro free.Just to talk him nicely.he will give you free PA2V2.
L3000.gif

May 23, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #548 of 752
I am using SE215s and ATH AD700.( 20 & 32 ohms respectively). The PA2V2 works very well with both. I made up a cable using a small length of Kimber interconnect (triple-braid) and Paliccs connectors. We wont talk about the fun soldering that up, but it worked.
This amp will make quality phones sound a little better as long as they are low impedance. It will not do much for cheap phones other than make them louder, IMO.

May 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #549 of 752
Quote:
I am using SE215s and ATH AD700.( 20 & 32 ohms respectively). The PA2V2 works very well with both. I made up a cable using a small length of Kimber interconnect (triple-braid) and Paliccs connectors. We wont talk about the fun soldering that up, but it worked.
This amp will make quality phones sound a little better as long as they are low impedance. It will not do much for cheap phones other than make them louder, IMO.

nice setup fella,i have the same rig ,budget like (but worth the sound quality wise),but with a Dt990 250 or Hf5,and ,let me tell you,the Pav2v drive the beyers very easily,nice cans for rock.
how does the bass behave with denon-Pav2v combo,with rock-metal music?
Salute

May 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #550 of 752
Quote:
nice setup fella,i have the same rig ,budget like (but worth the sound quality wise),but with a Dt990 250 or Hf5,and ,let me tell you,the Pav2v drive the beyers very easily,nice cans for rock.
how does the bass behave with denon-Pav2v combo,with rock-metal music?
Salute

thanks! Not a Denon.. AT phones. :)

But they sound good! Bass is huge..ATs are more laid back to me. I think the improvement for the Shure's is greater. Which is fine, since for me this amp is more for portability.

May 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #551 of 752
yeah sorry,i was looking to a Denon thread (many says the Denon are great for rock and metal as well) then i got confused..
by the way i agree with the pav2v giving more results with low impedance phones.
salute
listening to:dj Tiesto--bombage

May 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #552 of 752
Quote:
yeah sorry,i was looking to a Denon thread (many says the Denon are great for rock and metal as well) then i got confused..
by the way i agree with the pav2v giving more results with low impedance phones.
salute
listening to:dj Tiesto--bombage

No problem. It is a great amp for the price. I am also interested in the AMB Labs Mini3 because you buy it with raw parts and assemble it, or get a kit. It supposedly tops any 100 buck amp although
by the time it's together you've likely spent $130-140. Interesting and nice looking too.

http://www.amb.org/audio/mini3/

http://glassjaraudio.com/product.sc?productId=9&categoryId=2

May 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #553 of 752
i agree with you,i would like to assemble a mini3 and a (correct me if wrong) alien diy DAC (or something similar) too,it would be nice.
the problem is,i am in brazil and i dont know if i they send all pieces together internationally..anyway i am a little short on money so i have to wait sometime,nonetheless my job is taking a lot of time so i cant have some necessary training to do a decent audio job,it would be nice to couple an amp and a dac made for the next itouch 5 ,hoping it will worth the upgrade...
salute

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #554 of 752
I have had my PA2V2 for a year now since I got it in 2011.

It is still my portable device (as anything beyond that is a bit costly). I love it, the staging and extra clarity it provides on my P5 is very lovely.
Sturdy little box and I have tin-foil wrapped the insides to keep phone EMI out. :).

Great buy and made in Toronto, Canada. :).

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #555 of 752
I ordered one today after hours of reading everything I could find on the net.
-EDIT: I actually ended up winning an offer and had to also purchase Fred_fred_2004's 3-channel cMoy... ._.

I hope it's good and I like it. I plan to use it with AKG K240 (55ohm), Audio Technica D40fs (60ohm), should be fine.

I also plan to get a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880/DT990 in the future, will it be able to drive the 250ohm version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back