The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Sep 4, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #977 of 2,633
@swspiers check this out.

https://revelationbaltimore.bandcamp.com/

basically the same dudes in all the bands. Revelation is straight up Doom. Against Nature is what would happen if doom bands met Frank Zappa. Not too familiar with the rest of their bands, more classic rock from what I have heard.

all of it is DIY.
I never saw them, but believe it or not I've heard of these dudes. Had no idea how 'big' they were, and spread among different projects. But I used to live in Quantico, VA, and I have family in B'more. Haven't thought about them in years!

Wait a flipping minute. Isn't that Laz's old band?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #979 of 2,633
Sep 5, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #983 of 2,633
Of all the great songs and albums so far this year, this one has me totally hooked. The more I listen to this band and learn about them, the more impressed I am.

Guitar-rock is in good hands with this generation!

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer...list=false/track=2429494512/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="">The Great American Death Rattle by Youngblood Supercult</a></iframe>

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #984 of 2,633
Good,old school vibe here...

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #985 of 2,633
Not too sure just how "metal" these guys are,but I love their stuff...Talking about getting a tone...wow!

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #986 of 2,633
New album from subterranean masquerade. According to metal-archives the genre is "Psychedelic Progressive Metal" :). I don't know and don't really care what label it has, but it does require some time to get used to. If you don't like this number at all you probably won't like the album.

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #987 of 2,633
New album from subterranean masquerade. According to metal-archives the genre is "Psychedelic Progressive Metal" :). I don't know and don't really care what label it has, but it does require some time to get used to. If you don't like this number at all you probably won't like the album.

Oh I like it!

It has a bit of an Orphaned Land-vibe, which is not a bad thing!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #988 of 2,633
I've been enjoying this Finnish band. The vocalist is iffy but he tries!

Goodies coming Friday include Demon Eye and Argus. Love both those bands, have seen them multiple times. Argus played the Alehorn of Power fest last year, and was stoked to hear they were working on a new album. A great balance of epic, power, prog and doom! Got an early promo of Spirit Adrift - Curse Of Conception that's out Oct 6 and that'll be a biggie. I think it's a mistake, but the Kadavar - Rough Times CD pre-order is only $1.99 on Amazon. Get an order in before it's fixed! If you are not familiar with this German rock 'n' roll band, I could say a lot about them, but I'll just leave these pics of their drummer, Tiger, right here and let you all decide for yourselves...

kadavar-tiger-1.jpg

kadavar-tiger-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back