The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Sep 14, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #1,006 of 2,630
Yeah a new Ufomammut is always something to look forward to - and they're fantastic live if you ever get the chance (see you on the 3rd October, Londoners) but it's all about the upcoming Bell Witch for me. Four Phantoms is one of my favourite records of all time in any flavour, so I'm positively fizzing with anticipation for Mirror Reaper. One 83 minute track? Yes please!

Oh, hell yeah!

But to be honest, I look at the nest 3 months and I get a little scared. I have a lot going on professionally, but with Ufomammut, Monolord AND Bell with coming out, I fear I may be a bit distracted. :)

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #1,007 of 2,630
Just discovered this band...rockin my Atticus and some new tubes tonight

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #1,009 of 2,630
Was scanning some psych/doom playlists and someone had a song by this band,liked it,bought it,rockin it. Glad ya like it!

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #1,013 of 2,630

Found these guys window shopping and liked the album name so i bought it on that instant judge. Was not disappointed

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #1,014 of 2,630
New Ensiferum...Its different,but I like it.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,015 of 2,630
Cathedral are great, but I'm listening more to Lee Dorrian's collaboration with former Electric Wizard Tim Bagshaw these days. They were great at Roadburn last year.

I enjoy Wolf, particularly Black Things (2002) and Legions Of Bastards (2011). However I'd say they're a mid-pack band, so if you like 'em, be sure to try Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune, Christian Mistress and Dawnbringer. Also Ogre and Valkyrie. This year's offerings from Legionairre, Portrait, Night Demon, and Night are kind of along the lines of Wolf. See also Cauldron (I saw them last year, really great live band), Holy Grail, Dark Forest, In Solitude, Atlantean Kodex, Twilight of the Gods, Sinister Realm, White Wizzard. RAM have a new album coming:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #1,016 of 2,630
Cathedral are great, but I'm listening more to Lee Dorrian's collaboration with former Electric Wizard Tim Bagshaw these days. They were great at Roadburn last year.

I enjoy Wolf, particularly Black Things (2002) and Legions Of Bastards (2011). However I'd say they're a mid-pack band, so if you like 'em, be sure to try Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune, Christian Mistress and Dawnbringer. Also Ogre and Valkyrie. This year's offerings from Legionairre, Portrait, Night Demon, and Night are kind of along the lines of Wolf. See also Cauldron (I saw them last year, really great live band), Holy Grail, Dark Forest, In Solitude, Atlantean Kodex, Twilight of the Gods, Sinister Realm, White Wizzard. RAM have a new album coming:

What do you mean by Wolf 'mid pack band' was that an intended pun? ;p

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,018 of 2,630
Im mot sure what you mean by mid pack band. As in only averagely good? Good depends on who you ask :)

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #1,020 of 2,630
Yes, same for me, at the time, in the context of Metallica, Slayer, Napalm Death, Coroner, Kreator, etc, 7th Son indicated that Maiden were out of touch and past their prime. I was kind of shocked when it turned out to be a fan favorite for many in subsequent years, but it kind of clicked when I saw it performed live.

I'm always listening to both old and new stuff, it goes without saying for most people. Just this past week I'd been re-listening to most of the vast Motorpsycho catalog, curating 48 volumes of Studio One singles (reggae), gave a lot of 80s Cardiacs (art punk/prog/zolo) a listen for the first time in decades, Klaus Schulze - X

No schitt! You're like the 5th person in the US I've "met" who knows of the awesome, incredible, and legendary Klaus Schulze! I got turned on to him when I was 16. I went on a week-long bike trip with some friends, and we met these wild dudes from The Netherlands. I turned down the hash, but turned on to Klaus in a big, big way.

Not even in the same universe as "metal", but this is one of his most accessible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back