The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #346 of 615
Straight - ONP

IT03 is considerably more energetic in the top end.

ONP works best with fun metal, like say, alternative, heavy, melodic death, and fun metal.

Bleak metal like Black and Death and technical is romanticized and sounds sweet rather than harsh and aggressive. Metal listeners know what they want. I really liked Immortal and other black metal bands with ONP actually - but I like Romantic music.

Thank you! Didn't know that :smile_phones:

Glad to hear you're starting to enjoy it!
Search in Yumen Xibalba, not many earphones can do it justice, the Audeze Insine 20 have though.....

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #347 of 615
Just received my New Primacy. I have, in the past, owned the original Primacy, but felt that the mids and highs were not convincingly balanced, but after an initial listen, I do feel the ONP is a noticeable step up and seems to be better balanced tonally than the original. I have not experienced any driver flex as of yet.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #349 of 615
kinda settled with double flange and foam tips. The others (silicone and rubber) are just unusable for me.
starting to enjoy the sound. The isolation is nice.

I'm missing something from my old 1 more 1001 but since I'm new to all this audiophile stuff I can't quite understand what part of the spectrum it is

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #350 of 615
kinda settled with double flange and foam tips. The others (silicone and rubber) are just unusable for me.
starting to enjoy the sound. The isolation is nice.

I'm missing something from my old 1 more 1001 but since I'm new to all this audiophile stuff I can't quite understand what part of the spectrum it is
they improve greatly with JVC spiral dots!

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #352 of 615
Hi, can anyone recommend me a balanced cable for around $100 to use with the Oriveti NP?
thanks in advance
iBasso CB12..$89.00 direct from iBasso. Excellent cable!

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #353 of 615
Hello,

I still have a comfort issue with my Oriveti New Primacy.
The connector is quite bulky, more angled/more vertical/less horizontal than what I was used to with Shure and Westone IEMs, therefore touches the beginning of my pinna and/or my tragus (touching area in red on the photo) and simply pulls out the IEM from my ears:
07055a1e7a65495f4f3c58aa3ae15fc8328c34e7.jpg

If I angle the IEM forward (anti-clockwise on the photo), the beginning of the connector/body touches my tragus more fimly and completely pulls out the IEM from my ear.
As you may see, I have no room to angle the IEM backward (clockwise on the photo).

Any suggestion?

I tried to get in touch with Oriveti but they ran out of solution and suggested to get in touch with the reseller...

The only things which allows the IEMs to stay in my ear canal is to over insert them.
But if I do that, the connector pushes more fimly on my tragus and/or the beginning of my pinna, what in returns pulls more firmly on the IEMS, what in return pulls more firmly in my ear canal...and it is just painful.
(But the IEM stay in the ear canal...)

I have the same problem. Walking with those IEM is pretty hard.
Also, am I the only one noticing some balance issues?

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #354 of 615
I have the same problem. Walking with those IEM is pretty hard.
Also, am I the only one noticing some balance issues?

I haven't had a fit issue as I have only been using very shallow insertion with large silicone tips. Spiral Dots work quite well as do the UE900 large silicones with the green insert. Both seal very well and keep the connector from pressing against the ear.
So far, I have experienced no balance issues. FWIW, I am currently using my Linum Super Bax cable.

Dec 10, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #355 of 615
Would it help to replace the mmcx csble with one with smaller/slimmer connectors?

Also, using tips that extend further out could help you get a seal without jamming the housings too far into your ear. Have you tried spinfits?

The mmcx connector angle is certainly unorthodox. Very vertical compared to other IEMs. I was afraid I was going to have the same problem when I ordered them, but luckily the angle fits perfectly to my ears.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #356 of 615
Just received my New Primacy. I have, in the past, owned the original Primacy, but felt that the mids and highs were not convincingly balanced, but after an initial listen, I do feel the ONP is a noticeable step up and seems to be better balanced tonally than the original. I have not experienced any driver flex as of yet.

That's nice to hear. How would you compare ONP to IT03?

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #357 of 615
The stock cable is better on the ONP, as it is less tangle-prone and less susceptible to friction noise than that of the IT03. Sub-bass and soundstage is more expansive on IT03. ONP wins on build quality and size, as it is approx. 2/3 the size of the IT03. It is also all metal as opposed to the acrylic IT03. ONP also wins on included accessories and packaging. 1st rate!

HOWEVER: I find the ONP soundstage to be rather compressed and large instrument and/or vocal groups to me sound rather squeezed together and seems to lack a sense of space. Mids, especially vocals, while a bit more forward than in the original Primacy, still sound recessed making the presentation sound unnatural to me. Also, instrumental timbre especially highs, sounds a bit off, tending to sound slightly metallic regardless of tips or cable choice. Overall, I prefer the tonality and balance of the IT03. The larger, more spacious soundstage of the IT03 also just seems more believable.

As I have compared the two using the same music files and many different tips, I just can't convince myself that I really like the ONP, so it will be returned. To my ears, it didn't better or even match other mid-fi IEM's in my collection (q-Jays v2, Orion, IT03, Shozy Star II, Flares Pro)
As always, these are my subjective opinions and YMMV!

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #358 of 615
What comply tips should I use with these? As far as size and type of comply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back