The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last
  1. HardstyleLoco96
    LMAO does my name answer the question? This do great with all , if you want bass? You got tons of it, want good mids? Yup they have it. Treble? Don't worry about it, they got you sorted. I listen mainly to black metal, hardcore hip hop then comes hardstyle, hardcore and hard trance. I have never ever complained but instead, smiled : )

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. nort ycagel
    received my ONP today
    hope the burn in will do miracles
    because right now i prefer the sound of my 85 eur 1more 1001

(using an HTC 10 as a source)

3. Dobrescu George
    Why do you feel that way?>

4. Dobrescu George
    I do listen to a ton of very aggressive music - I think I had a bit in my review as well

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/oriveti-new-primacy-elegant-affordable-romantic.html

ONP is really smooth and makes all music sound romantic, it takes away some of the metal's aggresiveness and harshness. Black metal has its musical side enhanced, and its harsh side smoothed. It really depends on what you're looking for.

Post Hardcore rocks!

5. SomeGuyDude
    Hmm. I admit that I don't want to lose too much of the abrasive edge. If I'm throwing on Darkspace or Coldworld it shouldn't be super polite. Got some thinking to do.

6. nort ycagel
    kinda hard to say, i have to try them throughly before a proper judgment
    the sound is more rich but also not as clear as I expected it to be.
    I don't think it's a problem of my source (htc 10) as it can drive big headphones fairly well without problems

Also everytime i plug them (in my ears) I hear a clicking sound which is pretty annoying, didnt happen with any IEM before

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  7. nort ycagel
    Also, is your ONP 3.5mm jack straight or angled?

Because mine is straight while the new model is supposed to be angled. Can't honestly tell if I'm using a Primacy or a New Primacy

8. SomeGuyDude
    I am now at a point of looking at the IT03 vs ONP. I can't figure out if there's a "winner" here or if I should just flip a coin.

9. HiFiChris Contributor
    The New Primacy has got a vent hole on the inner side of the shell whereas the older one doesn't. Both in-ears' nozzles are different as well - metal mesh dust/dirt filter on the newer one, uncovered tube on the older one.

Dobrescu George and Ahmad313 like this.
  10. Ahmad313
    any information/idea when the Oriveti will release their upgrade model,???

11. nort ycagel
    Thanks, it's a new primacy.
    They said on the website that the they are shipping straight cables instead of angles ones.

I'm starting to enjoy the sound.

12. Dobrescu George
    Straight - ONP

IT03 is considerably more energetic in the top end.

ONP works best with fun metal, like say, alternative, heavy, melodic death, and fun metal.

Bleak metal like Black and Death and technical is romanticized and sounds sweet rather than harsh and aggressive. Metal listeners know what they want. I really liked Immortal and other black metal bands with ONP actually - but I like Romantic music.

Thank you! Didn't know that :smile_phones:

Glad to hear you're starting to enjoy it!

13. nort ycagel
    Also, am I the only one that has a clicking sound on the left earbud?
    I've tried pretty much every rubber and silicone tips and it's driving me nuts.

It's like the left earbud can't stand still in my ear and so does a clicking sound, which doesn't happen on the right. Never happened with any other IEM.

I feel like those earbuds got potential but they're really hard to properly setup. they're highly influenced by the tips, that's for sure

14. Dobrescu George
    You mean driver flex? I mention that in my review, I also got that. It is the only real downside to those at their price. Not the biggest downside ever though.

15. makne
    Driver flex is a common occurance on a lot of IEMs with DD.

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last