The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #376 of 615
Then I believe it’ll be perfect for you!
Now keep in mind, my impressions are with JVC spiral dots. With stock eartips, and even more with spinfits, I experience some sibilance and overall loss of coherence. Ofc all ears are different so you may get different results than me by tip rolling, but my favorite tip with the ONP is spiral dots by far.

Where did you get your spiral dots for these? I have no idea where to buy them. Always wanted to try the tips.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #379 of 615
Stenog, how would you compare the Xelento to the New Primacy?
I have been intruiged by the Xelento ever since it's release, and if I'm going for a universal as my next IEM upgrade, then it is one of my candidates. Wonder how it's tonality is compared to the ONP, preferably with spiral dots?
Also how does it compare on resolution, dynamic impact, comfort, all interesting things?

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #381 of 615
Stenog, how would you compare the Xelento to the New Primacy?
I have been intruiged by the Xelento ever since it's release, and if I'm going for a universal as my next IEM upgrade, then it is one of my candidates. Wonder how it's tonality is compared to the ONP, preferably with spiral dots?
Also how does it compare on resolution, dynamic impact, comfort, all interesting things?

I don't have Spiral dots I mostly use spinfit or default Silicone tips. I love the ONP default black tips.

The easy one is comfort, both are very comfortable and both disappear in my ears. They have a different signature, ONP more mid centric more balanced, the Xelento slightly V shape and slightly varmer and thicker. The Xelento is a step up, bigger soundstage more resolution and details simply a "bigger" sound, this is clearly noticeable.

But.. The Xelento also have a lot more bass, both sub and mid. This bass gives a great impact, in many ways I love it, but it can also be too much. Play it loud with the right music and audio nirvana is close, with the wrong music it can also be the opposite. I am still a bit on the fence with the Xelento... :) is a bit love and hate. The ONP is so easy, it's good with all music, but it will never reach the level of the Xelento.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #382 of 615
I don't have Spiral dots I mostly use spinfit or default Silicone tips. I love the ONP default black tips.

The easy one is comfort, both are very comfortable and both disappear in my ears. They have a different signature, ONP more mid centric more balanced, the Xelento slightly V shape and slightly varmer and thicker. The Xelento is a step up, bigger soundstage more resolution and details simply a "bigger" sound, this is clearly noticeable.

But.. The Xelento also have a lot more bass, both sub and mid. This bass gives a great impact, in many ways I love it, but it can also be too much. Play it loud with the right music and audio nirvana is close, with the wrong music it can also be the opposite. I am still a bit on the fence with the Xelento... :) is a bit love and hate. The ONP is so easy, it's good with all music, but it will never reach the level of the Xelento.
thanks!
Yeah I love the comfort of the ONP.
I’m actually perfectly happy with the ONP’s bass levels, of course more subbass extension would be nice but I don’t think I would want a thicker midbass. Basically what I would want from an upgrade is just a tiny bit more treble extension (not as much as for example the ie800 though), and of course dynamic impact, resolution, soundstage is a bonus.

From reading reviews and comparisons, it seems like the Xelento isn’t the right one for me... other ones I’m looking at are the andromeda, and unique melody mentor. The xelento looks absolutely stunning though!

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #383 of 615
thanks!
Yeah I love the comfort of the ONP.
I’m actually perfectly happy with the ONP’s bass levels, of course more subbass extension would be nice but I don’t think I would want a thicker midbass. Basically what I would want from an upgrade is just a tiny bit more treble extension (not as much as for example the ie800 though), and of course dynamic impact, resolution, soundstage is a bonus.

From reading reviews and comparisons, it seems like the Xelento isn’t the right one for me... other ones I’m looking at are the andromeda, and unique melody mentor. The xelento looks absolutely stunning though!

Maybe the IE800 S. I haven't heard it, but it should have less treble than ie800. The treble is also the main reason I have kept away from the Ie800, but I am interested in the S.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #384 of 615
Maybe the IE800 S. I haven't heard it, but it should have less treble than ie800. The treble is also the main reason I have kept away from the Ie800, but I am interested in the S.
hmm maybe, haven’t read too much about it!
I did like the tightness, bass extension and soundstage of the ie800 though.
Not a big fan of the cable straight down design, and shallow fit :/

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #385 of 615
I received these today. The driver flex is bad on these - if I want to get a good seal, they pop like crazy in my ears, the popping is uncomfortable I feel it might damage my eardrums!

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #388 of 615
Providing the driver goes back to normal it's not an issue. I have had driver flex with multiple IEM's, none have broken due to it.

I agree, I have noticed Driver Flex with countless IEMs, but it never was an issue for me.

Even so, I think that some people are more sensitive to it than others, so it might be a comfort issue for some. Good to mention when a IEM exhibits it or not.

ONP has a fair amount of it, but it never was an issue for me. The connectors are quite solid, along with the fairly good build quality, I trsut ONP to last for a good while.

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #389 of 615
I got the Symbio mandarinES W (wide bore) eartips yesterday, and have been using it with the ONP today.
I’ve used JVC Spiral Dots until now, size ML (I can get L to fit in my ears too, but it’s really tight and a little uncomfortable).
I use size L in the symbios, M is just a little too small to sit and seal securely. L is quite big and a little tight fit, but still comfortable.

Comparison:
The spiral dots evens and smooths out the treble, eliminating the small peaks that can make the ONP slightly sibilant with other tips. Btw, the spinfits on the other hand, seem to just make the treble more uneven and peaky.
The spiral dots also widen the soundstage, and it extends deeper into the back of my head sort of. Sound signature is warm/dark with decent treble extension, and a great sense of coherence.

The first thing I noticed about the symbios, is that the sound is brighter. Not a lot, and not peaky, but just enough to give me that last bit of treble that I was missing on the ONP with spiral dots. It still has the feeling of refinement and evenness that the spiral dots provide, there’s just a little more treble overall.
The sound is also tighter and more punchy (although the ONP was already really good in this regard), the symbios seem to take the ONP ever so slightly towards the IE800 kind of tight, punchy sound.
Oh, and the symbios isolate outside noise a little better.

Downsides of the symbio:
Soundstage is narrower than with the spiral dots. Sometimes I miss the yummy warmth of the spiral dots’ sound, although the symbios are definitely more balanced/towards neutral.

All in all I feel like the symbios give more advantages than negatives, and I’ll continue to use them if I don’t run into any unexpected issues (might do a little more testing to be sure I like them better than the spiral dots first).

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #390 of 615
I got the Symbio mandarinES W (wide bore) eartips yesterday, and have been using it with the ONP today.
I’ve used JVC Spiral Dots until now, size ML (I can get L to fit in my ears too, but it’s really tight and a little uncomfortable).
I use size L in the symbios, M is just a little too small to sit and seal securely. L is quite big and a little tight fit, but still comfortable.

Comparison:
The spiral dots evens and smooths out the treble, eliminating the small peaks that can make the ONP slightly sibilant with other tips. Btw, the spinfits on the other hand, seem to just make the treble more uneven and peaky.
The spiral dots also widen the soundstage, and it extends deeper into the back of my head sort of. Sound signature is warm/dark with decent treble extension, and a great sense of coherence.

The first thing I noticed about the symbios, is that the sound is brighter. Not a lot, and not peaky, but just enough to give me that last bit of treble that I was missing on the ONP with spiral dots. It still has the feeling of refinement and evenness that the spiral dots provide, there’s just a little more treble overall.
The sound is also tighter and more punchy (although the ONP was already really good in this regard), the symbios seem to take the ONP ever so slightly towards the IE800 kind of tight, punchy sound.
Oh, and the symbios isolate outside noise a little better.

Downsides of the symbio:
Soundstage is narrower than with the spiral dots. Sometimes I miss the yummy warmth of the spiral dots’ sound, although the symbios are definitely more balanced/towards neutral.

All in all I feel like the symbios give more advantages than negatives, and I’ll continue to use them if I don’t run into any unexpected issues (might do a little more testing to be sure I like them better than the spiral dots first).

Hey man, could you confirm what size/model of the JVC tips you got? Are they these ones? I'm going to pick me up some because I really want to hear that change in sound!

https://www.amazon.com/VICTOR-JVC-E...-2&keywords=jvc+spiral+dots+m#customerReviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back