The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Feb 1, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #391 of 615
Hey man, could you confirm what size/model of the JVC tips you got? Are they these ones? I'm going to pick me up some because I really want to hear that change in sound!

https://www.amazon.com/VICTOR-JVC-E...-2&keywords=jvc+spiral+dots+m#customerReviews
I use the size ML, it should be yellow instead of red. But of course your ear canals might be narrower than mine! It's the right model at least. I bought from ebay though, because amazon wouldn't ship to Norway.

As a small update, I've decided to stick wiith the Symbios. The soundstage is narrower, but the signature is a little brighter and more tight, overall I can't find any flaws in the sound with symbios, while the spiral dots were just lacking a little treble for me. They both sound wonderful with the ONP though, and are a big improvement over the stock tips.

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #392 of 615
Can someone ONP compare with the B400 or the Triple Driver from 1More ?
The 1More TD has too many wind noise when I'm on the road. Also, the bass is too strong and slow. The resolution I find very good at TD. Are these attributes when ONP better again?
I have ordered directly from Oriveti, live in Germany. How long is the delivery time? Has anyone experience?
Thx
Jenz

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #393 of 615
The 1More TD has too many wind noise when I'm on the road. Also, the bass is too strong and slow. The resolution I find very good at TD. Are these attributes when ONP better again?
I have ordered directly from Oriveti, live in Germany. How long is the delivery time? Has anyone experience?
Thx
Jenz

I use the Triple Driver daily. While they're far from perfect I consider them the best in the under 100eur category.
I had the Oriveti and while I overally liked the sound at home in a comfortable position they just weren't good for walking.
I tried them with all the tips and they just woudln't fit well and stay still in my ear. In the gym I tried to use them twice but it was an even more painful experience.

That was the biggest con of the ONP since IEM are all about portability and outside experience for me. Also, the sound is really sensitive to the tips.
I didn't like the cable at all, preferred much more the one from the Quad Driver (a shame I didn't like the sound of those.......)

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #394 of 615
Thx
Jenz
No wind noise on ONP from my experience. For me, the small comfort issues of the ONP is because of the stock cable, which has long mmcx connectors and is pretty thick. I bought a cheap ebay cable with smaller connectors and heatshrink earhooks (it looks like a Campfire silver-plated cable). With that cable and good eartips (i’ve used spiral dots and symbio), they are very comfortable and fit securely, enough even for running etc.
Shipping took around 2 weeks from oriveti to Norway for me

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #395 of 615
Thx for the answers!

So I don't want to do sports, only if i am in the city or the countryside, so normal running, no athletic training! I hope that I will have no problem. I will also use a different cable with micro, what I already have at home. this i had already used at westone in ears, I think therefore that there will be no problems.
But how is the sound difference to the triple driver? The resolution is better at Primacy? The stage at the triple is probably bigger by the open construction or?

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #396 of 615
Thx for the answers!

So I don't want to do sports, only if i am in the city or the countryside, so normal running, no athletic training! I hope that I will have no problem. I will also use a different cable with micro, what I already have at home. this i had already used at westone in ears, I think therefore that there will be no problems.
But how is the sound difference to the triple driver? The resolution is better at Primacy? The stage at the triple is probably bigger by the open construction or?
Haven't heard the 1more, but I would be very surprised if the sound was not better on the ONP. From the reviews I've seen and impressions I've heard, it seems like the 1more is a great buy at a 100$, while the ONP is a great buy at 300$... you do the math :wink:
Anyway, with symbio or spiral dot tips, I absolutely love the sound of the ONP. If I eventually want to upgrade them in the future, it'll be a 1000$++ CIEM.

Feb 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #397 of 615
Shipping took around 2 weeks from oriveti to Norway for me

Orivety Support wrote to me that it takes 4-5 days with DHL to Germany. I hope it is true. 2 weeks were very long. From which country is shipped?

Yes i asked because 1More TD and ONP technically are similar. Both in 1D and 2 BA drivers. The ONP works with crossover or? The 1More has all the drivers placed on top of each other, also works well. The driver of the ONP are something of high quality?

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #398 of 615
Orivety Support wrote to me that it takes 4-5 days with DHL to Germany. I hope it is true. 2 weeks were very long. From which country is shipped?

Yes i asked because 1More TD and ONP technically are similar. Both in 1D and 2 BA drivers. The ONP works with crossover or? The 1More has all the drivers placed on top of each other, also works well. The driver of the ONP are something of high quality?
Everything takes longer to ship to Norway :p It was in december too, so around christmas time... It actually took closer to a month, probably because of that. On DHL tracking it said it shipped from New York.

You'll have to hear them for yourself, but in my opinion at least the ONP sounds great. They do have a lot of driver flex, but nothing to be worried about

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #399 of 615
I have the new primacy for several days already. I like the sound very much. Already defined bass. Almost as soon as BA basses. A very musical listening experience. What is the ear tips do you use? 2, 3 foreign silicon sleeves fit me, but it is not a perfect sealing possible. At the time i use size SpinFit L essays. I have deep ear canals, so that a seal near the auditory output is hardly possible. There are oblong with silicone ear tips? Are the double of SpinFit recommended? I think about earmolds. The ONP are definitely worth it. I guess they will play in the 400-500€ area at Universal IEM's?! The Triple driver are not so good.
Does anyone have tips for perfect sealing of the auditory canal?

The ONP has no air hole on the housing? I can not find

Thank you
Jens

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #400 of 615
I have the new primacy for several days already. I like the sound very much. Already defined bass. Almost as soon as BA basses. A very musical listening experience. What is the ear tips do you use? 2, 3 foreign silicon sleeves fit me, but it is not a perfect sealing possible. At the time i use size SpinFit L essays. I have deep ear canals, so that a seal near the auditory output is hardly possible. There are oblong with silicone ear tips? Are the double of SpinFit recommended? I think about earmolds. The ONP are definitely worth it. I guess they will play in the 400-500€ area at Universal IEM's?! The Triple driver are not so good.
Does anyone have tips for perfect sealing of the auditory canal?
Thank you
Jens
JVC spiral dots, my recommendation for them. Wider soundstage, very nice coherency and even sound.
Symbio W by MandarinES is also really good, a little more treble and narrower, tighter sound than the spiral dots.

I’ve personally sold a 700$ IEM because I preferred the ONP... also tried some in the 500$ range and like the ONP better.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #401 of 615
Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately hard to come by in D, I had to order abroad. In Ears and accessories ... this is bad in Germany - as a developing country! My problem is the poor sealing of various essays sibilants.
Unfortunately the sound tube at a 90-degree angle, not like 1more TD bent, this is ideal in my ear canals. I probably also oval ear canals, so that there is always some air to the outside, thus also resounds sibilants.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #402 of 615
Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately hard to come by in D, I had to order abroad. In Ears and accessories ... this is bad in Germany - as a developing country! My problem is the poor sealing of various essays sibilants.
Unfortunately the sound tube at a 90-degree angle, not like 1more TD bent, this is ideal in my ear canals. I probably also oval ear canals, so that there is always some air to the outside, thus also resounds sibilants.
yeah I have to order abroad too. Bought both spiral dots and symbio on ebay, and the ONP from oriveti themselves.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #404 of 615
Then I also buy on ebay. What are the advantages of JVC spiral dots?
well basically, they seem to sound better than stock tips on most if not all IEMs I’ve tried them on. Especially on the ONP. Wider and deeper soundstage, more even-sounding through the frequency range, removes every slight bit of sibilance.
Pretty normal shape, and the silicone is just the perfect firmness, so they seal well and are comfy while still being a familiar shape and easy to insert.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #405 of 615
For comfort, I also recommend swapping put the stock cable. Imo the mmcx connectors on the stock cable are unusually long which makes them uncomfortable, and the 8-core cable is too thick for my liking. There are multiple great, cheap options on ebay and aliexpress. I prefer the ones with rubber ear guides (not memory wire). I use a 15$-ish one, and I honestly can’t hear a difference between it and the 150$ Campfire audio spc cable. So shouldn’t be worried about sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back