The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 4, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #137 of 1,101
http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/09/sony-signature-series-wm1z-impressions.html?m=1

Thanks for the impressions Mike, my SE5 Ult and MASS-kobo 404 should expect a new friend soon! (Good bye ZX2 xD)

Only hassle is going to be getting those balanced 4.4mm cables.

Regarding streaming, we have 2 potential options:
1. Petition Sony to implement it in a firmware update
2. We get a root exploit

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #138 of 1,101
http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/09/sony-signature-series-wm1z-impressions.html?m=1

Thanks for the impressions Mike, my SE5 Ult and MASS-kobo 404 should expect a new friend soon! (Good bye ZX2 xD)

Only hassle is going to be getting those balanced 4.4mm cables.

Regarding streaming, we have 2 potential options:
1. Petition Sony to implement it in a firmware update
2. We get a root exploit

How to get streaming if there is no WiFi module inside the player?
From my understanding there is only Bluetooth capable.

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #139 of 1,101
How to get streaming if there is no WiFi module inside the player?
From my understanding there is only Bluetooth capable.

you are correct ...unfortunatly ! 
mad.gif
     Does SONY realize we are in 2016 ? 

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #144 of 1,101
Is there any way to pre-order it in UK?
Still have to be careful where to get it from as i don't like the volume limiter.

Safe Bet No.1 amazon marketplace where 3rd party sellers sell, I got there my XBA-A3 from a seller called Japanese Lady
Safe bet No.2 AccessoryJack, from there I got my ZX100 and now my XBA-Z5

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #145 of 1,101
Is there any way to pre-order it in UK?
Still have to be careful where to get it from as i don't like the volume limiter.

You could probably get one through PriceJapan

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #147 of 1,101
FenderP said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif  
But assuming the Sony Walkman OS, it'll be all in Japanese which will not work for some. The only real advantage to getting the Japanese at this point is ATRAC support if you still need it.

AccessoryJack sells the HK version which has English (the case of my ZX100)

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #149 of 1,101
Sep 4, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #150 of 1,101

Here's a start--a short video showing the three playback screens available in the pre-production UI / software currently in the Sony Walkman NW-WM1Z:
 ​

​
Things to note:
  1. The audio is (as shown) being recorded from the headphones using a Shure MOTIV MV88 microphone on my iPhone.
  2. I eq'd the music in the Sony NW-WM1Z to boost bass and cut treble, to help it sound a little better using our less-than-ideal music recording method. I note this because the spectrum analyzer reflects the adjustments made in the equalizer.
  3. IMPORTANT: This version of the Sony NW-WM1Z software and user interface is pre-productionand so may or may not reflect what will be available in the production version of the Sony NW-WM1Z.

We'll post more video bits and pieces of the new Walkman's user interface next week.

Jude, ALAC?  for shame!!@  (then i saw how much this thing costs, and it is way WAY WAY out of my budget.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back