The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 5, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #166 of 1,101
I dont care about streaming at all, why whine and cry like little kids? can you be grateful that sony really listened to our requests of more power, retain microSd slot, nice build, composer search etcetera?

I dont need streaming as i have a 750GB library with 43960 tracks 2600+ albums

To each his own gerelmx1986 :blush:...

I am working in an third world country where people are not able to purchase legitimate CDs (forget about SACDs, LPs and other). Tidal is my main source for auditioning albums, before investing in higher quality audio files, online or when I fly out to first world countries for business/leisure.

For example, through Tidal I listened to Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" acoustic live album and loved it. Could not find/download from websites like HDtracks, but when I will have an opportunity to purchase a better quality audio file, there will be no hesitation.

In my case, going back to the 1Z, if I was going to invest $3.2k on a DAP; I would really love that it ticks all the boxes (incl. streaming).

Again, to each his own...

Cheers

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #167 of 1,101
@Whitigir is gonna start drooling here 
tongue.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #169 of 1,101
Mmmm...the gold one says Android platform. The cheaper one says Sony OS. Read it from thr official website. Search it.

Yes but that is aparently a mistake

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #172 of 1,101

I've posted a couple more photos of the internals here on my blog (external).  I'll fit the most pertinent ones into the front if possible.

I don't know if these pics are true, a $2000 difference?? Of which I see only (5) caps and (6 melf to fs) register difference. Board layout the same.Transistors and clocks seems the same. Granting processors are different (ES203 as to ES204) but at least I need to see some extra thingies here in the board. (regulations etc. etc).

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #174 of 1,101
Link to a picture and very basic review

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/home-audio-and-cinema/news/a806442/sonys-stunning-new-mdr-z1r-high-resolution-audio-headphones-cost-as-much-as-your-car/

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #178 of 1,101
I don't know if these pics are true, a $2000 difference?? Of which I see only (5) caps and (6 melf to fs) register difference. Board layout the same.Transistors and clocks seems the same. Granting processors are different (ES203 as to ES204) but at least I need to see some extra thingies here in the board. (regulations etc. etc).

Can't wait to see the sonic differences. So far, initial impression of the 1z seems to check all sonic boxes for me, but price aside, for the love of Pete, why oh why gold in color!!

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #179 of 1,101
Can't wait to see the sonic differences. So far, initial impression of the 1z seems to check all sonic boxes for me, but price aside, for the love of Pete, why oh why gold in color!!

Gold as the best metal to prevent tarnishing and oxidization

While I ask myself the reason to prevent buying a 1Z......I am fighting myself every day over this decision...what in the hell did Sony make me do

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #180 of 1,101

Gold as the best metal to prevent tarnishing and oxidization

While I ask myself the reason to prevent buying a 1Z......I am fighting myself every day over this decision...what in the hell did Sony make me do

If we need to adapt our headphones to the new TRRRS I will better do a pig tail and use the stock (or upgrade) cables form sony that have two 3.5mm TRS plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back