The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #6,616 of 11,341
I'm not sure if it's accurate but I just used a google converter and it gave me $74.00 USD

2 URLs one for each (L/R) channel :p.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #6,617 of 11,341
Ive decided to sell the Z1R. Heads up to people in the thread before they go in the FS forum. PM if interested.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #6,618 of 11,341
Never liked stands as they create continuous pressure points either on the headband or the ear cups (depends on the stand's design). The unnecessary pressure minimizes the life span of the foam used in headband or ear cups. 

Familiar with the theory, but I've never seen it happen with any of my headphones, ever. Even with my heavier cans. I had an LCD-2 I didn't listen to for an entire year... It just sat on the stand. No marks, no compression, nothing. Not too worried about it.

That said, the Just Mobile stand, while pretty when paired with the Z1R, is only a temporary stand-in... I actually bought it for my HD650.

For the Z1R, I'm waiting on this from Korea... Which somewhat addresses compression issues by using multiple points of contact to distribute the weight. Even if I don't believe in compression issues, ha ha. I bought it because I wanted something sculptural since the Z1R will live on my dining table...

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #6,619 of 11,341
Little off-topic, but I've been in the market for a new stand for my Z1R, as the Woo Audio Compact stand was not a good fit. The new-model Just Mobile Avant is a good match for the can, functionally and aesthetically...

I wouldn't really recommend stands that put all the weight on to a single pressure point. They can cause excess warp and damage to the centre foam and leather.

Personally I use this stand. The top segment is rubber so there's even less resistance or adverse pressure on the headband.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01A09KCJ4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #6,620 of 11,341

This is the only headphone stand that I've found so far that delivers sufficient headband support without straining a single point and risking headband flex. t the same time it doesn't cause the earpads to compress.

It's called the Rooms headphone stand.

But it's expensive.  For me, a cheap drybox or container solves most headphone storage problems.  or the original box/case for that matter.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #6,622 of 11,341
How do you clean dust from ear cup mesh of this phone?
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #6,625 of 11,341
This is the only headphone stand that I've found so far that delivers sufficient headband support without straining a single point and risking headband flex. t the same time it doesn't cause the earpads to compress.

But it's expensive.  For me, a cheap drybox or container solves most headphone storage problems.  or the original box/case for that matter.

I was considering this one. I've got a Woo Audio T-shaped- it's rounded and fits my hd800 perfectly, but the edges leave indentations on the Z1R band because it's curvature is more narrow.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #6,627 of 11,341
Have these guys ever had any stock? I refresh almost daily and they never have any
frown.gif

They did last week I think? I first found out about them when I was in the store last week. Mind you e-earphone's online and in-store stock info don't sync up regularly.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #6,628 of 11,341

I was considering the Rooms. The girl nixed it. It's a give and take, particularly when you live with an interior designer. As I mentioned, the Just Mobile is actually for my HD650 (which has a very firm pad and weighs nothing) and will live elsewhere... The Z1R will live on the dining room table where I often work, so concessions had to be made for a stand that was approved... The Codia T1 aluminum I posted above is the same shape and dimensions as the wooden Codia which a lot of people like, especially for larger cans... She actually found it on a designer goods site called Touch of Modern after I suggested the solid wood Codia, which she also didn't like... You think the Rooms is pricy? This little SOB set me back $140. But if the girl is happy and I can keep my phones where I use them... Life is about picking battles, ha ha.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #6,629 of 11,341
I was considering the Rooms. The girl nixed it. It's a give and take, particularly when you live with an interior designer. As I mentioned, the Just Mobile is actually for my HD650 (which has a very firm pad and weighs nothing) and will live elsewhere... The Z1R will live on the dining room table where I often work, so concessions had to be made for a stand that was approved... The Codia T1 aluminum I posted above is the same shape and dimensions as the wooden Codia which a lot of people like, especially for larger cans... She actually found it on a designer goods site called Touch of Modern after I suggested the solid wood Codia, which she also didn't like... You think the Rooms is pricy? This little SOB set me back $140. But if the girl is happy and I can keep my phones where I use them... Life is about picking battles, ha ha.

Darn....that's tricky.  ;P    But that stand really is stupid expensive..... 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back