The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!
Jun 6, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #991 of 1,278
Your disappointment is understandable. In a perfect world, things like this wouldn't happen, but occasionally things do slip through the cracks. Contact the seller, explain the problem, and insist on a replacement in truly new condition. Likewise, insist that all shipping charges involving the return and replacement are covered by the seller.

I don't have any contact of the seller. I discovered that web orders are processed by Digital River since I received the email for the confirmation order by that store.
I already sent an email to the Sennheiser Customer care for the after sell assistance.
Amazon sells refurbished and opened products with a special deal price. Sennheiser sells opened and not complete accessories at the same price.
This is ridiculous.
Anyway, since the package has been shipped from Germany, I think that this is a problem for Sennheiser and not for Digital River store.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #992 of 1,278
I don't have any contact of the seller. I discovered that web orders are processed by Digital River since I received the email for the confirmation order by that store.
I already sent an email to the Sennheiser Customer care for the after sell assistance.
Amazon sells refurbished and opened products with a special deal price. Sennheiser sells opened and not complete accessories at the same price.
This is ridiculous.
Anyway, since the package has been shipped from Germany, I think that this is a problem for Sennheiser and not for Digital River store.

Keep us informed of the outcome. I expect Sennheiser will make good and pay return costs, but if not, be firm and mention many Head-Fiers are following this. But I don't think it will come to that, and I expect you will get an apology for this slipping through.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #993 of 1,278
This is ridiculous.
I didn't mean necessarily to contact Digital River. I meant to contact the place where you bought them. If that's Sennheiser Belgium, then that's where you start. I wouldn't take this as an indication that Sennheiser is intentionally passing off refurbished product as new. This is likely a screw-up, probably on the retail supply end, rather than manufacturing. It's something the company should be made aware of, and should work to ensure doesn't happen again. LIke I said, I understand your frustration, but if you hold to the process, you should get this resolved and get what you paid for.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #994 of 1,278
Update: when you try to return the product, a link will forward you to the Digital River website, where you need to insert the email used for the order and the last 4 digits of the credit card.
Now I'm trying to request the return.
I will update all you. Thank you for the suggestions, I really appreciate that, especially in this sad moment for me.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #995 of 1,278
Update: when you try to return the product, a link will forward you to the Digital River website, where you need to insert the email used for the order and the last 4 digits of the credit card.
Now I'm trying to request the return.
I will update all you. Thank you for the suggestions, I really appreciate that, especially in this sad moment for me.
So sad to hear about the bad experience. Hope everything gets sorted out real quick.

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #996 of 1,278
I hope Sennheiser will fix this situation since I am satisfied by the product, although it is very expensive At the moment I am listening with the Sony ZX300 with the Pentaconn 4.4mm balanced output. Amazing result.

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #997 of 1,278
one of the reasons i no longer have Ie800S is the tips, no exactly issue with the fit but when removing them from my ears the tips would always remain and i would have to use tweezers. Because of the amazing sound i did consider custom snug tips but i was worried it could ruin the sound and waste money.

Jun 6, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #998 of 1,278
one of the reasons i no longer have Ie800S is the tips, no exactly issue with the fit but when removing them from my ears the tips would always remain and i would have to use tweezers. Because of the amazing sound i did consider custom snug tips but i was worried it could ruin the sound and waste money.
To my ears, the IE800S sounds optimally tuned for use with the stock silicone tips. It also comes with Comply tips, but they don't sound as good, imo. I would only imagine that you'd have run a real risk investing in an expensive aftermarket tip. (Although, I found the Shure SE846 actually sounded better with Spinfit tips, so anything is possible.) I guess I'm lucky that the Sennheiser stock L silicone tips fit me well and don't get stuck in my ears. That said, I can't get a good fit with the IE80 using its equivalent stock tips to save my life. It all comes down to the compatibility of the product with the individual who uses it, I guess.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #999 of 1,278
To my ears, the IE800S sounds optimally tuned for use with the stock silicone tips. It also comes with Comply tips, but they don't sound as good, imo. I would only imagine that you'd have run a real risk investing in an expensive aftermarket tip. (Although, I found the Shure SE846 actually sounded better with Spinfit tips, so anything is possible.) I guess I'm lucky that the Sennheiser stock L silicone tips fit me well and don't get stuck in my ears. That said, I can't get a good fit with the IE80 using its equivalent stock tips to save my life. It all comes down to the compatibility of the product with the individual who uses it, I guess.

I absolutely agree the sound is perfect with stock silicon didnt like the complys either so didnt wanna take the risk on snugs, i could have glued them on but i hate doing something like that in case i would need to send for repairs or selling in future.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #1,000 of 1,278
I absolutely agree the sound is perfect with stock silicon didnt like the complys either so didnt wanna take the risk on snugs, i could have glued them on but i hate doing something like that in case i would need to send for repairs or selling in future.
Did you mean you got a loosely connected nozzle and tips on your earpiece? Mine tips don't get stuck on my ears when removing them. Using the medium stock silicon.

Jun 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #1,001 of 1,278
Hello guys, I have a terrible update.
Some minutes ago I received an email from Digital River (the host which manages the Sennheiser online store) saying that I have to ship the package to the USA! This is nonsense!
The package has been shipped from Germany to Belgium and now I should have to pay a shipment to USA? For a problem not caused by me!

I answered saying that since the problem is not caused by me, the responsible of this issue should fix the situation. I requested to send UPS courier at my address, I am not going to pay extra money for their bad services.
Please pay attention guys, this is the Sennheiser quality.

I just sent a claim (complain) through the Sennheiser website.
Guys, do you know how to write a complain to Sennheiser? A complain should be sent (written) within 8 days after the delivery of the package I am still on time but I don't understand if I have to send a letter or it's just enough to write the complain form on the website. Do you have experience with this?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #1,002 of 1,278
Did you mean you got a loosely connected nozzle and tips on your earpiece? Mine tips don't get stuck on my ears when removing them. Using the medium stock silicon.

The tips arent like others as you know, 2 plastic parts click together and the part on the iem is very small and they just didnt have a strong enough connection to the the nozzle when removing from my ears and would easily unclick.

I found this pic on the net, i honestly think its too short but if that was the intended design then maybe a twist lock for the tips would have been a better idea.

ie800_vs_fake.jpg

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #1,003 of 1,278
Hello guys, I have a terrible update.
Some minutes ago I received an email from Digital River (the host which manages the Sennheiser online store) saying that I have to ship the package to the USA! This is nonsense!
The package has been shipped from Germany to Belgium and now I should have to pay a shipment to USA? For a problem not caused by me!

I answered saying that since the problem is not caused by me, the responsible of this issue should fix the situation. I requested to send UPS courier at my address, I am not going to pay extra money for their bad services.
Please pay attention guys, this is the Sennheiser quality.

I just sent a claim (complain) through the Sennheiser website.
Guys, do you know how to write a complain to Sennheiser? A complain should be sent (written) within 8 days after the delivery of the package I am still on time but I don't understand if I have to send a letter or it's just enough to write the complain form on the website. Do you have experience with this?
Just write down everything in detail and all the issues and hassle you've encountered from buying their product. Plus the recent instruction from the dealer you bought from. I am pretty sure Sennheiser will sort it out for you if you write to them directly.

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #1,004 of 1,278
The tips arent like others as you know, 2 plastic parts click together and the part on the iem is very small and they just didnt have a strong enough connection to the the nozzle when removing from my ears and would easily unclick.

I found this pic on the net, i honestly think its too short but if that was the intended design then maybe a twist lock for the tips would have been a better idea.

The nozzle and tips I should say is also a poor design in here. I've seen a number of instances with the same situation as yours.

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,005 of 1,278
I bought the IE800S from Sennheiser Belgium website. The package has been shipped from Germany. I fastly contacted by email Sennheiser Belgium describing with details every thing regarding the issue and the answer was to contact Digital River through email or phone.
Digital River asked to return the package to USA. This has not sense.
I live in Belgium, package shipped from Germany and to be returned to USA? I avoided other brands to buy and have assistance inside Europe! This is crazy.
I am still waiting for the answer after the last ticket with complain/claim.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back