1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last
  1. tiddlywinks
    Thanks even for looking I still didn't see

2. Deftone
    Stunning arent they, I still miss them.

Oh man hope Sennheiser gets this sorted im sure they dont want to end up like Hifiman :wink:

subguy812 and Deezel177 like this.
  3. lesale08
    Yeah there will always be lemon units regardless of what product segment you look into. Even on cars. That's why they have warranty for situations like this.

Deftone likes this.
  4. kalo86
    Hello guys, do you know a store in Europe where I can try the Sennheiser IE800S before buying them?
    Thanks!

5. mysticstryk
    Have there been issues with fakes like there have been with the original IE800? Trying to decide if it's worth buying used and saving a few hundred dollars.

6. Dobrescu George
    AVStore Romania used to have them, but I don't know, haven't kept in touch with them for a really long while

HIFIHeadphones.co.uk may have them, give them a shot.

No, but that's not the point, if a fake is a fake, you're not getting the full sound quality either. In fact, that is a big part of the issue, not only you're not getting the full sound quality, you're also missing on build qualiy. The fakes don't get the issues of the originals because they aren't the same thing...

7. mysticstryk
    I meant are there a bunch of fake IE800S floating around (thus buying used would be a risky prospect) like there are a bunch of fake original IE800.

8. Dobrescu George
    On an overall level I'm not sure if I can recomment IE800 at this point, there are a LOT of other interesting offers around from other companies.

Ie800's downfall was its comfort, you could look at other options as well, if you're looking for something comfy :)

greyscale75 likes this.
  9. lesale08
    IME, I wouldn't say their downfall is the comfort but rather they are still a bit microphonic and the cable is not fully detachable up to the earpieces.

10. Dobrescu George
    And the awful silicone tips...

In fact, I could live with the cable, it is the tips that I couldn't make peace with :)

11. lesale08
    Yeah, I'm with you about the tips. Though the medium round tips fit me just fine. Just wish I could tip roll with these.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. kalo86
    Hello guys,

Today I received the Sennheiser IE800S in-ear monitors and I am very disappointed.
    I paid 999€ and the package was opened (not the external box, but the Sennheiser black box did not have any transparent film).
    Furthermore, the standard 3.5mm (single ended) cable was totally missing! Where is the Sennheiser quality?
    Is it normal that Sennheiser sells refurbished, opened, tested, used products at the price of a brand new product?
    I am very upset and disappointed.

How can I manage this sad situation? Of course I cannot confirm this order. I have 30 days to return them but Sennheiser needs to admit that this time they did a huge mistake with me (and I suppose with a lot of customers then).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  13. GiacomoHoldini
    From whom did you buy them? If the box was opened, then the product was not in factory-new condition. That would be a problem with the vendor, rather than the manufacturer. Even if Sennheiser sold them, that's still an issue with the retail end, rather than manufacturing. Return them and get a replacement. It should never be "normal" to sell open box if they are represented as new.

14. kalo86
    Yesterday I bought the IE800S from the Sennheiser Belgium website!
    The order has been processed by DigitalRiver store, which manages all web orders at Sennheiser Belgium.
    I am disappointed. Yesterday I was very happy, this is the first time that I spend around 1000 Euros for a very thin in-ear and to be sure to buy a genuine product I decided to pay more (the full price) from the official store.

The package was shipped from Germany and delivered to Belgium.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. GiacomoHoldini
    Your disappointment is understandable. In a perfect world, things like this wouldn't happen, but occasionally things do slip through the cracks. Contact the seller, explain the problem, and insist on a replacement in truly new condition. Likewise, insist that all shipping charges involving the return and replacement are covered by the seller.

Deftone likes this.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last