The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #571 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ear Damage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any cans that cost me more than a vanilla latte!
darthsmile.gif

Ooo now I really want a vanilla latte!

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #572 of 666
Not really a relevant post to this topic, but I was guided by this forum to buy the Beyer DT990 pro's and I love them! I don't have much experience with headphones except for my housemate's SR80s and an older pair of Senns HD215. Very comfortable, feel like they're built to last, and really good customer service from Beyer.

I'm also surprised to see Grado mentioned so much, as they seem to be so highly regarded by the forum!

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #573 of 666
HD555/HD595 - Extremely veiled.

- I find the posts really? You obviously haven't tried the really high end or enough time. There is no convincing in headphones, they either suck for your ears or not. Reading someone else's opinion or disbelief won't change someone's hearing. lol...

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #574 of 666
Well, not that anybody is recommending them, but I think the expensive B&O headphones sound metallic and are really hard to fit.

I'd diss Bose too...but I won't even try them because I have never liked anything from Bose. Once I had a car with Bose (mazda) so I had to listen to Bose for a while.

The Grado SR60 in my opinion were OK, but a little bit too large for my taste.

Did not like the Z-buds very much (this is probably more on topic that the other comments).

I used to like the sound of my V6 headphones "in the day" but they were kind of heavy and sort of made me sweat into the earpieces. Good isolation and crazy good bass.

Never achieved good sound with my etymotics (problems with getting a good seal...this was a few years back).

I do like my Shure E2C headphones combined with custom molds. Also so far the Nuforce NE-7 looks like they will work out well. And yes, they may be plebian but I have a few different Sennheiser and Sony headphones and buds that are reasonable.

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #575 of 666
Every bose quiet comfort I've heard is overrated. I wanna slap everyone I see on planes with them.

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #576 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stick with the K81DJ's... the HD25-1's are not an improvement.
wink.gif

ouch, i was hoping these wouldn't get mentioned! >:O
atleast the Image X10's havent been, atleast not as far as ive read.

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #577 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lime Cat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!
I know I shouldn't but still... So how does Beyerdynamic DT250 compare to Sennheiser HD 25-1 and AKG K81DJ?

Thank You.

YES. I'm also looking for Head-Fi'ers answers (opinions) to this question. Any of these over rated OR which have the best sound IN YOUR OPINION?

Feb 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #578 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every bose quiet comfort I've heard is overrated. I wanna slap everyone I see on planes with them.

Yeah, I get a good chuckle when I see people with Bose Quiet Comfort phones on airplanes, especially when they're stuggling to get the clunky case for them in and out of their briefcase or purse. I just pull tiny IEMs out of my pocket and smile.
icon10.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #579 of 666
Too be honest, I think the HD595 is far more overrated than the Bose.

As its generally accepted here the Bose are not deserving of their high price tag.

But HD595 are also in the same price range as the Bose, if not more, and yet, I think they are equally if not more unimpressive.

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #580 of 666
every audio technica phone except the ad2000. Whoever voices their headphones needs to have their hearing checked imo..

edit: and I'll add the Denons, and the Ultrasone's to that as well. I would honestly take my ksc75's over anything they make as far as SQ goes. At least teh one's I've heard- haven't heard the ED8's

Feb 4, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #581 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: and I'll add the Denons, and the Ultrasone's to that as well. I would honestly take my ksc75's over anything they make as far as SQ goes. At least teh one's I've heard- haven't heard the ED8's

Blasphemy! Haven't you noticed how well the Ultrasone HFI-780 make crappy recorded, overly compressed, low-bitrate MP3s sound!?
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #582 of 666
And you offcourse already heard a nice markl modded D7000 and modded Pro900, else you wouldn't dare make such statements. I mean surely you would never make a comment on headphones you haven't heard
biggrin.gif
!

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #584 of 666
AKG701. Might get slammed but not counting amps and recabling, their "referencing power" isn't really that *astounding* compared to cans like DT880s and HD600s.

Also, the brightness can really kill, literally. I've found myself feeling like I got hit on the head by drums in my music while listening to 701's. Ouch!
>_>

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #585 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD555/HD595 - Extremely veiled.

- I find the posts really? You obviously haven't tried the really high end or enough time. There is no convincing in headphones, they either suck for your ears or not. Reading someone else's opinion or disbelief won't change someone's hearing. lol...

power HD555 with GoVibe Petite Amp and u ll never complain of Veil.

oh n HD595 is anything but veiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back