The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
Nov 7, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #542 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have the K701?
Or just A....

I owned K701 for 2 and half months and I completely agree with rogue's assessment. In my book K501 and HD650 are much more coherent and enjoyable cans. And there is no need for that burn in advice. I was the third user and the phones were past 500 hour mark :p. Maybe something improves during burn in with K701, but I feel that it is highly exaggerated here - as if it turns mediocre cans into something mystical piece of equipment.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #543 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned K701 for 2 and half months and I completely agree with rogue's assessment. In my book K501 and HD650 are much more coherent and enjoyable cans. And there is no need for that burn in advice. I was the third user and the phones were past 500 hour mark :p. Maybe something improves during burn in with K701, but I feel that it is highly exaggerated here - as if it turns mediocre cans into something mystical piece of equipment.

agreed. neutrality and soundstage impressed me for first 20 hours. Pretty blend mix, I would have to say.

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #544 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I already mentioned this on this thread, but any Darth Bayer. Talk about fart cannons.

I'll quote that. What a horrible headphone. Fart Canon ++.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #546 of 666
Not sure bose are overrated here, most people bash them already. I don't think anyone will come here and leave with "wow I must buy a bose headphone"
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #547 of 666
I have a new king of overrated, the AT ESW10JPN. At US$500+ their only value is in that they are rare and have wood cups IMO.

However, I consider all ATs I've ever listened to, including the A700s, A900s and more expensive models which I've lost track of to sound utterly dull.

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #548 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a new king of overrated, the AT ESW10JPN. At US$500+ their only value is in that they are rare and have wood cups IMO.

I was waiting for you to show up
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I consider all ATs I've ever listened to, including the A700s, A900s and more expensive models which I've lost track of to sound utterly dull.

A900s do sound rather boring - and recessed mids don't help matters as well. :S I find AT's quite exciting actually. Maybe you just don't like their signature coloration?

at least you heard them first hand to judge. I had some people rip on AT's because of their low impedance and nothing else, while not even trying even a single pair of AT's. He also started to judge R10s due to their low impedance as well :S

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #552 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's official now...every headphone in existence has been noted.
evil_smiley.gif

HD800?
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #553 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD800?
tongue.gif

So true, since people are already saying that HD800s are the best headphones they can buy.....

.....without even hearing..
duggehsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back