The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
Mar 15, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #211 of 666
I think the A900's are horrible, terrible cans when I've heard others.

So I'm going with those.

Mar 15, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #212 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should create "Most forgotten phones ever"
icon10.gif

shure e5

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #216 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysoberyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's true! It's difficult to get the real "tone" in a foreign language...And I'm oversensitive to arrogance or rudeness.I'm sorry for having misunderstood!

You would not believe the problems I have had with my foreign-born wife, over her mis-understanding of many, many, commonly-said things in the english language. I know others in same situation, that have experienced the same thing.
After a savage fight ensues, I am often wondering "which part of what I innocently said, caused that blow-up?".
English-as-second-language is a mine-field of problems sometimes.
Example:
wife: "I lost my keys"
me: "Oh, great!'
wife: "NO!!! It's NOT great! etc. etc. etc." Followed by nasty indignation for me being so calloused as to actually be HAPPY over her loss!
Well, you get the idea.

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #220 of 666
On Topic:

Senn HD600's - I'd like to hear them balanced, for sure, but with the genres that I listen to (classic rock, prog rock, rock, I guess "western-techno rock" too) they just sounded off, condensed, and a bit impersonal. Not too much classical in my collection, if you haven't already guessed.

Off Topic (to some extent):

Marximus: Although they may be good headphones, I wouldn't regard this thread as anything more than a common place for people to let off steam and throw some dirt at headphone's they just couldn't warm up to.

The CD3000's were mentioned in here twice, I believe. I was a bit interested in what people had to say about them, but it turned out that they really didn't say anything. They just threw the model number out there which really does nobody any good. I love my pair, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or how low they regard it, it's a sound signature that fits me.

People are right that everyone has their own taste, but tastes can be similar. I try to find people who share similar interest in music and audio gear and I judge potential future equipment off their impressions. On this website there are so many audiophiles with more experience and a helluv a lot more cash than me, and I use these people as models. I started out low, organized a few of my own opinions, made some comparisons with people in some super duper old threads from pre-2005, and I then profiled myself and a few key, respected members.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #221 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the A700s aren't on here, either. I think that may be my next purchase, as a novice in the world of high-end headphones.

well if people put the a900 up here...i don't know why you would judge that the a700 would be any better. the a900's are supposed to be better than the a700's in every way. i don't own them, but i'd just like you to know that the a900 are better than the a700's and people have suggested that the a900's were their biggest dissappointment...so if this is what you are going by to buy your headphones...you have already faulted.

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #222 of 666
So after reading through this entire thread it seems to me that basically every headphone discussed on this site is overrated according to someone. Real productive guys....I want the 25 minutes of my life I just spent reading this back!

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #223 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So after reading through this entire thread it seems to me that basically every headphone discussed on this site is overrated according to someone. Real productive guys....I want the 25 minutes of my life I just spent reading this back!

What else were you expecting?
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #224 of 666
^Seriously though, there are so many variables that decide what you consider is a "good" sound (what kind of music you listen to, the shape of your ears themselves, etc) it is unlikely that one person has the exact taste in headphones as another.

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #225 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't earn them back if you actually did that expecting something else....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back