The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #1,831 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by bgran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought them used a year ago and have no box. The number should be written in the plastic?

I got mine brand new yesterday, but i can't find a serial number on them at all.. So i guess its only on the back of the box :S

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #1,832 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by bassboysam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, I'm going to check those out and see if I can hear the brightness.

Any findings yet bassboysam?

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #1,833 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any findings yet bassboysam?

Actually yes, I listened to some of the songs and at first I did not hear the extreme brightness. Someone earlier had mentioned that it is only noticeable at louder volumes so I turned the volume up, to where I would never listen at for more than 1 or 2 songs, and yes the 325's got quite bright. However, I tried the same test with the 225 and found that they also got quite bright. The difference however is that the 325's were still more clear. At normal volumes I found the 325's are only slightly brighter than the 225's but they were a "good" brighter. More detail, and better instrument separation. Both headphones are great, and I would listen either of them any time. The difference between the two is really quite minimal, unless you are really really picky. I probably could not tell the difference between the two 8/10 times (at normal volume).

I purchased the 325 and the 225 together so I could compare and keep the one I prefer, but I think I will just keep both for now as I don't really have a preference...I just love the Grado sound. I can't listen to any other headphone, everything else sounds so artificial to me. I would rather just listen to my full size speakers.

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #1,834 of 3,640
Listening to Clann Zú through laptop soundcard and I am loving every second of it, I love these headphones...

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #1,836 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone selling their 325is with 414s? PM me :p

Sell my SR325i's ....
confused_face(1).gif
NEVER!!!

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #1,837 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone selling their 325is with 414s? PM me :p

Wrong place for this. There's a "For Sale/Trade Forum" where you can post your interest to buy.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #1,838 of 3,640
Waiting for mine to come in. Once they do, I'll post pics and the serial. It was awesome when I went to hear them, I fell in love and I had to have them.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #1,839 of 3,640
i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325i love my 325

Listening to Bark Psychosis and it sounds sublime.

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #1,840 of 3,640
Proud new owner of #3471

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #1,842 of 3,640
New owner here - about a week.

These things are just fantastic for the money. Imo, they sound significantly better than the 225.

AANND, the fact that they sound pretty decent unamped and without a dac - BONUS!!

Serial number to follow (i'm at work now, so don't have them handy to include it here now).

now, everyone together:

'Three, two, five! Three, two, five! Three, two, five!'

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #1,843 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. I'll bet that most people who dislike the highs have a relatively loud preferred volume. I listen... well, medium, but certainly not loud and I love my 325i.

I totally agree with this statement. I'm not sure what possesses ppl to listen so loudly. With good cans, you can 'have it all' at a moderate volume.

Music doesn't have to tear your head off to be very enjoyable. Wish ppl would start realizing that (my non-audiophile friends are guilty of this in a major way).

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #1,844 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. I'll bet that most people who dislike the highs have a relatively loud preferred volume. I listen... well, medium, but certainly not loud and I love my 325i.

I totally agree with this statement. I'm not sure what possesses ppl to listen so loudly. With good cans, you can 'have it all' at a moderate volume.

Music doesn't have to tear your head off to be very enjoyable. Wish ppl would start realizing that (my non-audiophile friends are guilty of this in a major way).

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #1,845 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadMonkeyFinger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One thing I know is that I don't listen at high volumes. I seem to be quite sensitive to stridence and there may well be an amp sinergy issue. But them again, at any volume, I dislike the sr325is unamp'd. With great amp'ing, I find them to be very special with some music.

The last thing I'd wish to see is the perpetuated feeling that the SR325is brightness is based only on ear abusing high volumes that some may listen at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back