The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Dec 17, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #886 of 3,640
#8667 reporting for duty...
darthsmile.gif

My first really good (read Hi-Fi) Headphones, and boy do they rock my socks. I have a good main rig but now I have to re-listen to my entire CD collection in the phones. So now I will be a participating member here on head-fi.

I am a Swede living and working in South Korea atm and I bought the 325i:s here, every thing electronic is so cheap here for me who are used to 25-30% tax in Sweden.
tongue.gif

On a sidenote: My daughter absolutely loves them she wants to wear them as much as I do.

st1_23744377.jpg

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #887 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by johannisson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a sidenote: My daughter absolutely loves them she wants to wear them as much as I do.

st1_23744377.jpg

That is just awesome. It really looks like she is closing her eyes and shutting out the outside world to listen to the music....just like a true HeadFier.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #890 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldsEndWombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soooo cute, if your daughter feels the metal housing is too heavy, RS1/2 woodies might be the right choice
tongue.gif

Pleas do not tell her that
wink.gif
Then daddy will have to do as those puppy dog eyes tells him to do
o2smile.gif

A pair of RS1:s would set me back 570$ here in Korea, is that cheap or expensive?

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #894 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is pretty good, 700 is what they run in the USofA

how can they be cheaper in Korea? they are made here!

I have no idea, but everything here is cheaper. I bought my speakers here. B&W 703:s and they are built in England then shipped to Korea, and still they are cheaper here then i Sweden... we are freaking neighbors of England but no, on the other side of the globe is the deal for you my friend. But i do not mind, I just stock up on every piece of Electronic I want while I live her in Korea
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, serial number 9132 here! mine is definitely way higher than the others lol

Welcome fellow Grado user
gs1000.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #896 of 3,640
Quote:

I have no idea, but everything here is cheaper. I bought my speakers here. B&W 703:s and they are built in England then shipped to Korea, and still they are cheaper here then i Sweden... we are freaking neighbors of England but no, on the other side of the globe is the deal for you my friend. But i do not mind, I just stock up on every piece of Electronic I want while I live her in Korea
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe we need to import our American goods from Korea? lol

Quote:

Welcome fellow Grado user
gs1000.gif

gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #898 of 3,640
#8390 reporting for duty!
o2smile.gif

Bought mine new yesterday and just received them today!

ps: do I need to send a photo for S/N proof?
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #899 of 3,640
Hmm.. While I was getting my pair (7009) from service, the guy who fixed them said that they sounded completely different from their demopair (84xx). So I took a listen and he was right. The newer pair sounded much more laid back, with more warm bass and less fatiguing trebles. I was shocked. I asked how much it would be to change the drivers, since the problem wasn't fixed with the usual methods, but i've yet to receive an answer.

Has this been discussed here already?

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #900 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. While I was getting my pair (7009) from service, the guy who fixed them said that they sounded completely different from their demopair (84xx). So I took a listen and he was right. The newer pair sounded much more laid back, with more warm bass and less fatiguing trebles. I was shocked. I asked how much it would be to change the drivers, since the problem wasn't fixed with the usual methods, but i've yet to receive an answer.

Has this been discussed here already?

This is interesting...

I've never felt that my pair (8643) exhibited the harshness and shrill character that so many attribute to these headphones. I find mine to be anything but. I just chalked it up to individual preference, and the inherently subjective nature of assessing sound. That is, we as individuals hear and/or describe the same literal sound profile somewhat differently. And we may find that sound profile pleasing, displeasing, or anywhere in the middle. It never occurred to me that the profile of the headphones itself could have been altered.

I still think it's highly unlikely, but now I wonder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back