The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Oct 4, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #421 of 3,640
so WHAT is generally the concencus for what pads sound best on 325i? i know cpads or somethign of the like are probably the COMFIEST...im not so interested in going that route as im sure it would take away from that "grado sound", ive already got dt990s so if i want the engulfing comfort of a sealed can like that ill toss those on! bagel pads, stock bowls..or flats?

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #422 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so WHAT is generally the concencus for what pads sound best on 325i? i know cpads or somethign of the like are probably the COMFIEST...im not so interested in going that route as im sure it would take away from that "grado sound", ive already got dt990s so if i want the engulfing comfort of a sealed can like that ill toss those on! bagel pads, stock bowls..or flats?

x2 on the liberator re-stocking issue, shame...just when i was going to order some off them a fe wmths back!
frown.gif

i am soon to plump for the GS1000 pads which will fit my 325i's

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=1057

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #423 of 3,640
hmm, ive heard mixed opinions on those! i really wanna try a pair on mine though...! little skeptical though, because flats do sound pretty good on the 325, and i assume this would have a somewhat opposite effect in terms of SQ, be it good or bad.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #424 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, ive heard mixed opinions on those! i really wanna try a pair on mine though...! little skeptical though, because flats do sound pretty good on the 325, and i assume this would have a somewhat opposite effect in terms of SQ, be it good or bad.

i didnt like the senn yellow pads i tried on the grados, prefer the stock bowls for acoustics and sound depth, but i may go back to them sometime to give them another chance.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #425 of 3,640
speaking of consensus, what are the best amps to use with these? portable and desktop.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:13 AM Post #426 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakdady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speaking of consensus, what are the best amps to use with these? portable and desktop.
smily_headphones1.gif

I like my tube amp best but I more often use my portable amp/DAC because I use my laptop as source a lot.

The good thing is they sound good even straight from a DAP.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #428 of 3,640
Maza #2312 > (Formerly owned by NiceCans)

Are owned by me nowdays. So I join your happy club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #429 of 3,640
Hi,

Just got my 6246 on friday! Still breaking in. They sound real good on my Zune and I love it with the tape mod! I think it provides more bass/isolation and it also help with the sharp highs in high volume. I do prefer a regular bowl without tape in lower volume when I am alone at home. But,.. I need to ask all the experienced SR325i owners... Which amp should I use? I know that tubes are good for these but I am also thinking about gettin the ibasso D1 for my notebook. So,.. my question is: IS ibasso D1 and Little Dot Micro's tube amps suitable for my 325i? Thanx.

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #430 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinisterm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maza #2312 > (Formerly owned by NiceCans)

Are owned by me nowdays. So I join your happy club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #433 of 3,640
im thinking of buying some pads from TTVJ. question is, what do you guys feel would compliment the 325i sound signature the best? im sure plenty of you mustve tried them. im trying to decide between flats or gs1000 bagels. kind of leaning towards flats as it seems like a bit of a safer option, and i do kind of like the way they sound with reverse bowls. gs1000 pads kind of tempting because its going out on a limb a bit, but maybe risk pays off...heard mixed opinions!!

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #435 of 3,640
Personally, i love flats on my 325i's, never heard good things about the GS1k pads on anything else other than the gs1k though :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back