The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5,628 of 10,994
  lol, I'm expecting the thread will probably die off in short order, but might be good for some laughs in the meantime...

Haha - we'll see. It might just catch on with a bit of support!

Quote:
  If nothing else, MagicCabbage knows that we all feel his pain and suffer along side him! :D

Very true. We're here for you, Cabbage! 
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #5,629 of 10,994

Up to 3 classes above on a scale of how many classes?

For me I would class 'a class above' as being slightly but obviously better.
Two classes better would be significantly better in all or most areas with no weaker areas.
Three classes better would be far better in some areas and significantly better in all, or nearly all, other areas.

As I can't find, given my tastes and the equipment the T1's and HD650's were/are used on, any area where the HD650's even get close to the T1's I think '3 classes better' is justified to me.

It's possible another amp may increase or decrease the distance berween the two but I can only go by what I have personally experienced.

So 'how many classes'... who knows?

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #5,631 of 10,994
Just linked a soon-to-be Crack owner to the support thread.

And, on topic, I'm looking forward to comparing the T1s side-by-side with HD800s one day. I have heard the HD800s recently, but before I owned the T1s. I feel like the T1s will remain my preference because of their extra musicality / warmth, but I'm still excited to compare. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #5,632 of 10,994
  Just linked a soon-to-be Crack owner to the support thread.

And, on topic, I'm looking forward to comparing the T1s side-by-side with HD800s one day. I have heard the HD800s recently, but before I owned the T1s. I feel like the T1s will remain my preference because of their extra musicality / warmth, but I'm still excited to compare. 

I plan on buying the HD800's in a month or 2, I heard them a few weeks back through my WA2. I was floored by how big and warm they sounded through my amp - I was expecting a leaner sound. I cant wait to own both T1 and HD800, I also look forward to comparing the 2 headphones. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,633 of 10,994

I plan on buying the HD800's in a month or 2, I heard them a few weeks back through my WA2. I was floored by how big and warm they sounded through my amp - I was expecting a leaner sound. I cant wait to own both T1 and HD800, I also look forward to comparing the 2 headphones. 

They are fantastic phones...I have had bad luck finding a Sennheiser that I've really liked, and even though I only had about 30 mins with the 800s, it was clear to me that I could be very happy with them. At the time they struck me as being more similar than different than my T1s, which was the main reason I didn't see myself purchasing a pair. I'll be interested to see if you have the same impression or if you find them more different than I did. My impresion was nothing but positive, though....aside from the fact that they still don't look like headphones to me lol

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5,634 of 10,994

They are fantastic phones...I have had bad luck finding a Sennheiser that I've really liked, and even though I only had about 30 mins with the 800s, it was clear to me that I could be very happy with them. At the time they struck me as being more similar than different than my T1s, which was the main reason I didn't see myself purchasing a pair. I'll be interested to see if you have the same impression or if you find them more different than I did. My impresion was nothing but positive, though....aside from the fact that they still don't look like headphones to me lol

Oh i love the way they look "over the top". They look like they cost 1000+. People who aren't in to headphones look at the T1 and think it costs maybe 1 or 2 hundred and are always shocked when i tell them how much i payed. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #5,635 of 10,994

Oh i love the way they look "over the top". They look like they cost 1000+. People who aren't in to headphones look at the T1 and think it costs maybe 1 or 2 hundred and are always shocked when i tell them how much i payed. 

When I put the Senns on, I half expected to be able to read people's minds 

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #5,636 of 10,994

+1

unfortunately the hifiman don't look that great. except the HE-6, i love the piano black, i just wish it was a little blacker and shinier, like a few more coats of paint would of been nice.

like this

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #5,638 of 10,994
I'm with Arc. Do not like the look of the Senn - but I"ll concede (grudgingly) that they look better in person than in photos.

T1's by comparison are very understated, verging on the boring - much like myself.

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #5,639 of 10,994
I just joined the club.  I will break this in along with the hd 650 while I wait for the toxic silver widow cable and then when everything is properly broken in I will decide which one I will keep or maybe keep them both.  But I really only want to keep one and sell one off and use the money for other my other small hobbies.  It does sound great out of the box which I was surprised (a bit brighter, but still good).  Some reviews said it required a lot of burn in time.  I guess it doesn't take much to please my ears.  I was also afraid that my stack wouldn't be strong enough to power 600 ohm cans, but it did.  I have a schiit uber bifrost/valhalla.  I was worried that I would need the lyr, but the valhalla powers it enough.  I guess it could go louder, but my ears would bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back