The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3,511 of 10,994
Just got my pair today no.7107 
smily_headphones1.gif

Bought it with the Corda Classic and all I have to say is WOW. Exactly the cans I've been looking for.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #3,512 of 10,994
Quote:
Just got my pair today no.7107 
smily_headphones1.gif

Bought it with the Corda Classic and all I have to say is WOW. Exactly the cans I've been looking for.

You can't go wrong with Jan's amp and the T1s...great combo!

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #3,513 of 10,994
Hey fellow Beyer shoppers!   

Ask and you shall receive.  

Here it is!

Beyerdynamic Authorized U.S. Consumer Headphone Dealers

Now we can select a retailer with confidence that the warranty will be valid.

Many thanks to Focker and his friend, Gunter, for supporting this!  

Quoting my earlier post (which wouldn't "Quote" for some reason):

Regarding my search for a published list of Beyerdynamic-authorized U.S. resellers (from whom products can be purchased with a valid U.S. warranty)...

I was just told by a Beyerdynamics representative that there is no such list.  It does not exist.

If you want to know whether or not a U.S. retailer is a Beyerdynamic-authorized U.S. reseller, you must contact one of the two U.S. distributors listed at this website:  

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/distributors/worldwide.html

Note that of the two U.S. distributors shown there currently, one handles Pro Audio products, and the other handles Consumer Audio products, so choose accordingly.  

Contact information for both distributors can be found at that link.

Mike

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #3,518 of 10,994
Quote:
Hello all
Would you consider t1 a natural choice to replace hd25 II , I like most music but mainly 70/80s pock and rock, I have auditioned the hd800 I found them to have a lack slam, conviction this was with the linear black cube amp, Cyrus disc player, after reading many posts everything points towards t1, I do understand semi open for t1' closed on hd25, open for hd800
Cheers Karl

owning both the T1 and the HD25 I would say they have little in common. The T1 sound much more like the HD800 than the HD25. For pop/rock toe-tapping sound, and coming from the darkish HD25, I would look first into one of the Audeze electrostats, or if you want a more neutral signature the HE500

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #3,519 of 10,994
Quote:
owning both the T1 and the HD25 I would say they have little in common. The T1 sound much more like the HD800 than the HD25. For pop/rock toe-tapping sound, and coming from the darkish HD25, I would look first into one of the Audeze electrostats, or if you want a more neutral signature the HE500

Kind of on this topic, but a bit of a veer, what other headphones do you guys like with the T1 that compliment them well? 

In the top tiers of modern headphones, where would you put them?  (HD800, HE-500, HE-6, LCD-2, LCD-3, etc.)

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3,520 of 10,994
Quote:

Kind of on this topic, but a bit of a veer, what other headphones do you guys like with the T1 that compliment them well? 

In the top tiers of modern headphones, where would you put them?  (HD800, HE-500, HE-6, LCD-2, LCD-3, etc.)

Ya know what Erik,  The AD2Ks will be right up near the top for me..

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #3,521 of 10,994
Quote:

For me it's either the ATH Woodies or LCD2 Rev1. Or if i had a good setup, HD800

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #3,522 of 10,994
Quote:
For me it's either the ATH Woodies or LCD2 Rev1. Or if i had a good setup, HD800

Quote:
Ya know what Erik,  The AD2Ks will be right up near the top for me..

I thought there was going to be a consensus and we'd all like similar phones. Seems like the T1s are all we have in common 
biggrin.gif
. I really like the sound from my D7000 when I need a break from the T1. Although from memory, I think the LCD-2 somewhat darker sig or the HD650 would also do it for me. I miss that heavy sound from the HD650 from time to time. 

Interesting on those AD2Ks. I bought them on a whim at some point. I don't really know why, but I guess I had read so much from the under currents here on head-fi I wanted to give them a shot. You've sold/ are selling quite a few headphones, but those seem to be sticking around :)   An interesting thing to note is that Audio-Technica's customer service (from my experience) is right up there with Beyer. Really good stuff. 

Anyone else finding a good ying/yang with the T1?

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #3,524 of 10,994
Quote:

I thought there was going to be a consensus and we'd all like similar phones. Seems like the T1s are all we have in common 
biggrin.gif
. I really like the sound from my D7000 when I need a break from the T1. Although from memory, I think the LCD-2 somewhat darker sig or the HD650 would also do it for me. I miss that heavy sound from the HD650 from time to time. 

Interesting on those AD2Ks. I bought them on a whim at some point. I don't really know why, but I guess I had read so much from the under currents here on head-fi I wanted to give them a shot. You've sold/ are selling quite a few headphones, but those seem to be sticking around :)   An interesting thing to note is that Audio-Technica's customer service (from my experience) is right up there with Beyer. Really good stuff. 

Anyone else finding a good ying/yang with the T1?

I would agree with the d7k's, or LCD2/3. I think the HE-6's and HD800 are too similar. I feel like the HE-6 is a tad warmer/smoother, and the hd800 a tad less bassy/better mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back