The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #3,496 of 10,994
Glad to hear that things worked out for you eventually! :)
I came from the DT880 background so my audio philosophy is that a neutral pair of cans rather than colored ones are easier to manage.
By "manage" I refer to the ability to get the sonic signature that I personally like.
I pair my T1 with a tube amp so I can still get the sonic lushness from tube rolling.

Thanks Lord Soth!

I'm looking to warm the T1 a bit with the reportedly analog musicality of the Burson Soloist (ordered from Moon-Audio, but not here yet.) I'm afraid of going OCD with tube rolling.

Your Decware must be wonderful with the T1.

Mike

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #3,497 of 10,994
Thanks Lord Soth!
I'm looking to warm the T1 a bit with the reportedly analog musicality of the Burson Soloist (ordered from Moon-Audio, but not here yet.) I'm afraid of going OCD with tube rolling.
Your Decware must be wonderful with the T1.
Mike

Hi Mike ,

Thanks for your wonderful review of the Audeze vs Beyer cans.
It is very detailed and exceptionally well written.

The Decware CSP2+ was built specially for high impedance cans so there is great synergy between the 2.
Skylab posted a very good review some time back and helped me with my decision.

Yes! Tube rolling can get rather expensive easily but what makes this amp so much easier ( and cheaper) to tube roll is that I can easily get the sound I want by just changing the single input tube in front.
There is no need to get expensive matched pairs of tubes which is the usual case with other tube amps.
I saved big time by targeting those stray solo exotic tubes who pop up on EBay.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #3,500 of 10,994
I don't know if anyone remembers my story from a couple months ago about my puppy eating through my T1 cable...well, this long ordeal has finally come to an end, so thought I'd offer an update.

As I mentioned at the time, this was not a warranty issue at all, but Beyerdynamic was kind enough to cover the repair - full parts and labor - for free. Huge points there. Just as I was all ready to ship them off to New York for the repair, I got really caught up in the idea of trying an aftermarket cable. Well, that lingered on for several weeks, but I was just not able to get enough of a comfort level to pull the trigger. It was really quite odd...I've never had that much of a problem trying to pay someone to provide an audio-related service, but alas, I gave up. I won't go into all the gory details about that, though...

So anyway, after the last attempt at a recable job fell through, I decided to go ahead and just take Beyer up on their very generous offer to cover the cable replacement. I sent them to Peter of Sound Surgeon (official repair center for Beyer-USA) in New York on 11/29/12. The tracking info shows them being received on 12/1, which was this past Saturday, so that means that Peter and his crew didn't get them in-hand until Monday when they got into the office. Well, on Tuesday (yesterday) I sent Peter an email just making sure that he received the headphones in good condition and to let him know that I wasn't in a hurry or anything like that. The response I got in return was pretty darn impressive...it wasn't an email from Peter telling me that he had rec'd the phones...it was a UPS shipping notification that my T1s were on the way back! So tomorrow, only one week from the day I SHIPPED them, I will have them back on my head. That is some really damn good customer service, IMO.

Gunter W. in Germany, Alan F. here in the states, and of course Peter C. at Sound Surgeon for Beyerdynamic have gone above and beyond in helping me over the last couple of months. I've even asked for their help with a couple of other issues that fellow head-fi'ers have had, and they've generously given of their time. I really couldn't be more pleased with my experiences with this company, and I wanted to share that with you guys.

Can't wait to fire up the T1s tomorrow....it's been WAY too long!!!

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #3,501 of 10,994
Just received them.. Heavy box!! I already have my DT48's for sale, and might due the same with my 702.. I will compare my T1 with the DT48, even though they are a 010 model, and not a vintage model, which many DT48 enthusiast claim are better. But it's still driven by 1937 technology.. I want to hear how much Beyer has advanced in audio reproduction. Not into Audiophile lingo, but will pick my 'winners' in various categories.. For amps, I can use my fathers receiver and my Ipod..ugh

What is a good tube amp for the T1's.. Under 1,000. It's Christmas, maybe daddy can get me a cool gift..

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3,503 of 10,994
Quote:
Just received them.. Heavy box!! I already have my DT48's for sale, and might due the same with my 702.. I will compare my T1 with the DT48, even though they are a 010 model, and not a vintage model, which many DT48 enthusiast claim are better. But it's still driven by 1937 technology.. I want to hear how much Beyer has advanced in audio reproduction. Not into Audiophile lingo, but will pick my 'winners' in various categories.. For amps, I can use my fathers receiver and my Ipod..ugh

What is a good tube amp for the T1's.. Under 1,000. It's Christmas, maybe daddy can get me a cool gift..

Quote:
I'm selling my 010 DT48 model. Comes with box and 1/4 adaptor. Not sure I can list the price here, but can be found in my ad.

That didn't last long! 

Hope you're enjoying them! 

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #3,504 of 10,994
Quote:
I don't know if anyone remembers my story from a couple months ago about my puppy eating through my T1 cable...well, this long ordeal has finally come to an end, so thought I'd offer an update.

Gunter W. in Germany, Alan F. here in the states, and of course Peter C. at Sound Surgeon for Beyerdynamic have gone above and beyond in helping me over the last couple of months. I've even asked for their help with a couple of other issues that fellow head-fi'ers have had, and they've generously given of their time. I really couldn't be more pleased with my experiences with this company, and I wanted to share that with you guys.

Can't wait to fire up the T1s tomorrow....it's been WAY too long!!!

i remember that! 

beyer has some of the best customer service in the industry. ive had my T1 and DT 990s repaired twice by them and always been happy with their service.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #3,505 of 10,994
Quote:

i remember that! 

beyer has some of the best customer service in the industry. ive had my T1 and DT 990s repaired twice by them and always been happy with their service.

Totally agree! I truly appreciate the customer service they've provided...I really had no idea they would fix them anywhere near this quick!

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #3,506 of 10,994

Hello all

Would you consider t1 a natural choice to replace hd25 II , I like most music but mainly 70/80s pock and rock, I have auditioned the hd800 I found them to have a lack slam, conviction this was with the linear black cube amp, Cyrus disc player, after reading many posts everything points towards t1, I do understand semi open for t1' closed on hd25, open for hd800

Cheers Karl

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #3,507 of 10,994
So anyway, after the last attempt at a recable job fell through, I decided to go ahead and just take Beyer up on their very generous offer to cover the cable replacement. I sent them to Peter of Sound Surgeon (official repair center for Beyer-USA) in New York on 11/29/12. The tracking info shows them being received on 12/1, which was this past Saturday, so that means that Peter and his crew didn't get them in-hand until Monday when they got into the office. Well, on Tuesday (yesterday) I sent Peter an email just making sure that he received the headphones in good condition and to let him know that I wasn't in a hurry or anything like that. The response I got in return was pretty darn impressive...it wasn't an email from Peter telling me that he had rec'd the phones...it was a UPS shipping notification that my T1s were on the way back! So tomorrow, only one week from the day I SHIPPED them, I will have them back on my head. That is some really damn good customer service, IMO.

Nice work getting them back so fast!

I had to wait a veeerrryyy long time for a cable fault to be fixed on mine. Perhaps I should move to America?

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #3,508 of 10,994
Quote:
Nice work getting them back so fast!

I had to wait a veeerrryyy long time for a cable fault to be fixed on mine. Perhaps I should move to America?

either that or just send them to Peter at Sound Surgeon in New York! lol 

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #3,510 of 10,994
Quote:
You know, That's not actually a bad idea. I reckon I will do that next time. More than happy to pay shipping if it only takes a few days to repair.

They seem to really be on the ball there....I had excellent communication from Peter (if you go to the Beyerdynamic website and find the page that has the warranty repair info, Peter's name and contact info will be listed where you see Sound Surgeon) prior to the repair, and in fact he's the one who went to bat for me to get this covered as a warranty repair to begin with. Very helpful guy and seems to run a really efficient business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back