The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #3,286 of 10,994
Hi,

You mean their new amp, The Soloist, correct? I've heard very good things about the amp and I won't know until my review unit arrives. As to when that is I do not know.   

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how they think the T1 will fair with Burson's new conductor?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #3,288 of 10,994
Quote:
Hey, what does the warranty card look like? Is it that small "guarantee" booklet?

Because if not then I'm not sure I got my warranty card with my brand new T1 D:

You can register them online...just be sure to save your receipt. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #3,290 of 10,994
Quote:

Well I got them new from an authorized dealer on ebay, so the receipt is online.

Edit - just messaged the seller asking them to send me a piece of paper confirming that it was purchased new from an authorized dealer.

If you paid via PayPal, you can also pull up the transaction on the PayPal website and print it. I did that a few months ago from a sale from three years ago...it couldn't have been more convenient for me. It actually was the difference in having a USPS damage claim accepted vs not being accepted, so I was very thankful for that. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #3,292 of 10,994
Can anyone tell me how they think the T1 will fair with Burson's new conductor?

Thanks

I found the combo to be on the bright side of coldly analytical. This turned into boredom in less than an hour. If I was forced to keep the combo, I'd find the warmest dac under the sun. In contrast, the D5000's and the HE 500's both were made to sing by the Soloist.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #3,294 of 10,994
Thanks - do you have any experience of the HDP? Just trying to get an idea what you consider bright, dark, etc. Thanks

Yes, I own the HDP. I find it darkish and slow. However, I experimented by coming out of the HDP's headphone jack into a the $60 P2AV2 ---the sound was amazingly opened and unveiled.
Haven't tried the T1/HDP combo yet as other 600ohm headphones tend to sound under powered by it.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #3,295 of 10,994
Okay....trying out the HDP/T1 USB (wireworld starlight) macbook clamshell duo intel--itunes---it gets loud enough---definitely not bright like the Soloist or as coldly analytical. It's not bad or slow--but for $1000 plus headphone the sound falls rather embarrassingly short. Of course, I know this is not the ideal setup for the T1s. Just playin' around. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #3,296 of 10,994
Quote:
Okay....trying out the HDP/T1 USB (wireworld starlight) macbook clamshell duo intel--itunes---it gets loud enough---definitely not bright like the Soloist or as coldly analytical. It's not bad or slow--but for $1000 plus headphone the sound falls rather embarrassingly short. Of course, I know this is not the ideal setup for the T1s. Just playin' around. 

I have the HDP and T1. I find it hard to believe that it would fall short from anything. Though you can see my thoughts on T1 overall on the last 2 pages. It's a good thing if a different amp would make it more enjoyable! Maybe I'll go and try some tomorrow :p

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #3,297 of 10,994
my tungsol 7236 and siemens e88cc has arrived for my wa2......and i have to say WOW!!!!!!!!! vast improvement in the soundstage and bass extension!
ez80 next :D 

i used a centrance dacmini as a DAC. smoothen the treble quite a bit. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #3,298 of 10,994
Quote:
my tungsol 7236 and siemens e88cc has arrived for my wa2......and i have to say WOW!!!!!!!!! vast improvement in the soundstage and bass extension!
ez80 next :D 

i used a centrance dacmini as a DAC. smoothen the treble quite a bit. 

I'm using a DACmini to feed my Meier Concerto and it sound pretty good too with the T1.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #3,300 of 10,994
Hi, 

I tried the T1 today with MDAC, SPL in a shop. I swopped them multiple times with HD650s and HD800s. I def noticed how they were only semi open back. 
HD800s have much more spacious and live sound. For the money I felt T1s were underperforming. BUT tell me, have you guys felt on first listen underwhelmed? 
Did the soundstage or signature change much with burn in? 

Dan 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back