The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #3,271 of 10,994
Well T1 is great for metal and subs ,  let's take  raw black metal that mean really bad recording etc , it must sound harsh , piercing hears , unlistenable , well horrible etc , for most people cause raw black metal is not for every one , it's for real men 
biggrin.gif

If raw black metal was well recorded etc , it would not be called "raw black metal" .
tongue.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #3,272 of 10,994
Quote:

Oh and to you Focker, thanks for the link to the youtube video. I watched both parts and I must say that you really can hear a difference. I will be looking more in to this tube buffer. Thanks again for your kind help regarding this matter. I don't know if I need a tube buffer yet though I'm very pleased with my A1 amp setup at this moment.

You bet. And if you are 100% happy with the sound you have now, my advice would be to not mess with it and just ignore what I said about the tube buffer....it can be a never ending path once you start down it! lol  I just happened to have tube experience before I got my Meier amp and knew that I liked that sort of influence on the signal. That amp you have looks to be a great piece of gear, though, so if everything is working for you, I'd say sit back and enjoy! :)

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #3,273 of 10,994
Quote:
Well T1 is great for metal and subs ,  let's take  raw black mtal that mean really bad recording etc , it must sound harsh , piercing hears , unlistenable , well horrible etc , for most people cause raw black metal is not for every one , it's for real men 
biggrin.gif

If raw black metal was well recorded etc , it would not be called "raw black metal" .
tongue.gif

Well I have to admit that I usually don't listen to Raw Black Metal every day 
biggrin.gif

I think I'll have to try with some nasty funeral doom (Esoteric for instance)

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #3,278 of 10,994
Quote:

You bet. And if you are 100% happy with the sound you have now, my advice would be to not mess with it and just ignore what I said about the tube buffer....it can be a never ending path once you start down it! lol  I just happened to have tube experience before I got my Meier amp and knew that I liked that sort of influence on the signal. That amp you have looks to be a great piece of gear, though, so if everything is working for you, I'd say sit back and enjoy! :)

Yeah, you're probably right. I will stick to the sound I have now! I will go with your advice for sure. Because I'm very, very happy with the incredible sound that the T1's deliver with good gear. I've had them for a few days soon actually soon a week. I've been listening to music every day for long periods of time. At least when I've got time to do it. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about these lovely headphones, not the looks or feel and not a single problem regarding the sound. I'm so happy that I've finally found a pair of headphones that I'm actually pleased with. I wish everyone the same, there's nothing better than to be able to enjoy music just the way you want it to sound, especially when you're an audiophile.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #3,280 of 10,994
Quote:

Focker,

What do you think about Grant Fidelity as a company?  Are their products top notch?  I mean the stuff with that's made by them.

I've only had one experience with them, but it was a positive one. The owner's name is Ian and  he's very customer service oriented and friendly. I can't speak to all of his products, but I know he's very well versed on Chinese hi-fi and the one product I did purchase (the tube buffer) is a re-badged Yaqin piece. Yaqin is one of the big names in chinese audio and I'm very happy with the purchase. He tries to offer folks great value and he seems to do a good job of that based on the research I did before buying. But I don't think they make anything in house, he contracts with the larger Chinese companies to brand under Grant Fidelity to his specs. I rarely buy Chinese made gear....only in two instances that I can think of. But the stuff he sells I would feel very comfortable buying again. He's very responsive via email if you have any questions. I think he's based in Canada IIRC. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #3,281 of 10,994
Quote:

But he kept all others!!! :D

What?????  MH, is this true?  I may need to re-think this whole thing now....lol

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #3,282 of 10,994
Quote:

Yeah, you're probably right. I will stick to the sound I have now! I will go with your advice for sure. Because I'm very, very happy with the incredible sound that the T1's deliver with good gear. I've had them for a few days soon actually soon a week. I've been listening to music every day for long periods of time. At least when I've got time to do it. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about these lovely headphones, not the looks or feel and not a single problem regarding the sound. I'm so happy that I've finally found a pair of headphones that I'm actually pleased with. I wish everyone the same, there's nothing better than to be able to enjoy music just the way you want it to sound, especially when you're an audiophile.

Just like with speakers, I love when headphones get out of the way and just allow me to enjoy the music. Sounds like thats what you've found with the T1s....that's awesome :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,284 of 10,994
Well I could save you all a bit of Money here.
I bought a Beyerdynamic A1 copy a couple of months ago called the YSA-1 from Hongkong.
The construction on the board is almost identical and has increased protection circuit and a 60w transformer.
When I say this sounds good I mean it, goes so well with My T1's as you'd expect
Has to be the best bargin I have bought in a long while....
I'll leave the link below in case any one is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back