The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #2,056 of 10,994
It's 5:30PM and UPS still has not delivered my new T1's... I've never anxiously awaited a package like this before.... Let the stalking commence!

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #2,057 of 10,994

Quote:
It's 5:30PM and UPS still has not delivered my new T1's... I've never anxiously awaited a package like this before.... Let the stalking commence!

The UPS guy on break taking a listen the repacking them for delivery
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2,059 of 10,994
T1 serial number 521* just arrived! I'm so excited to give these a listen! I'll definitely report back after some burn in. :)

Feb 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #2,060 of 10,994

Quote:
T1 serial number 521* just arrived! I'm so excited to give these a listen! I'll definitely report back after some burn in. :)

Baah just put it on your head They will sound Better than your HD598 and DT-990 burnt or not .

Feb 17, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #2,061 of 10,994
I'm very close to buying the T1. Just got some questions and it would be great if someone can answer some of them. The T1 will be used with my iMac by the way.

Is the Objective2 amp a good choice for this headphone? I don't want to pay much more than $150 right now, but won't mind a few dollars more.. Though it looks like a desktop version is coming out soon and as I will be using it on my desk I'm not sure whether to A: buy the current O2, B: wait for the desktop version, or C: buy a completely different amp.. But as I don't know much about amps, I have no idea what other options there are in that price range, for a desktop amp.

Also, I'm getting the T1 for $930 (brand new), is that okay or should I look for a better deal?

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #2,062 of 10,994
Swiss The T1  scales up  nicely with better amps. I have had 7 different brands of SS amps in the house and have the RSA HR2 and it does well with that but always and I mean always sounds best with the a Tube OTL amplifier. The solid state amps get close as the Violectric V200 and my HR-2 do but my Decware sounds best. My suggestion is to buy a tube amp if you can and do not  settle on the quality.

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,063 of 10,994
@swiss $930 is a steal... the lowest I could find new was for 1,000 shipped.

I'm on hour 3 of burn in and these are really starting to open up. Listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop and I keep turning my head and looking around me occasionally as I hear the dinner conversations and the silverware hitting the plates in the background. I keep thinking there are people in my house! :p

Definitely better than the DT990/600 in every sonic regard thus far. Comfort on the other hand.... that's still growing on me. (Can't wait for my Decware CSP2+ to be finished and get here for these. :D)

Question for you T1 owners who have spent a large amount of time with this headphone; What is the optimal wearing position? I find that they need to be pushed back a bit so that they are closer to the back of my head than the front for the best sound. I assume this is due to the driver angle, but this is just through some basic experimentation. Have any of you found an ideal wearing position?

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #2,064 of 10,994
Long have I heard people say the synergy between the T1 and Woo Audio WA2 is nothing short of magical. Well, I've ordered a WA2 to pair with my T1s with a Lavry DA11 DAC...

Only thing is, the Lavry DA11 headphone out drives the T1s admirably, and they sound sooo much better than when I had a Valhalla as my amp and a little dot dac.

So this leaves me in a position. I know the nature of tubes can add a bit of lushness (or a lot depending on the tube) and warmth, but they can also roll off the highs and lows a bit.

Hearing music through the LAvry DA11 brought manly tears to my eyes. I don't know if I want to add a tube amp to the mix if it's already that good, especially with it's high asking price.

Thoughts, anyone?

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #2,066 of 10,994
Hey Swiss,

I'm a newly owner of the T1 too and I have been using the T1 with my portable O2 for night time and paired with a good source that is a bit warmish than neutral (DACport) I'm very impress with what I'm hearing. My O2 is setup with a gain of 1x & 3x and on 3x I'm listening to 10 so the load is not a problem. The O2 is very clear and detail and until I try the T1 on a higher end amplifier I'm not feeling that I'm missing much. This is all based on my experience so YMMV.

Quote:
Thanks Frank l and netbususer.

I really won't buy an amp that costs much over $200 for now.. I will later. Can you recommend one that works well with the T1, tube or not?

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2,068 of 10,994
Quote:
Hey Swiss,

I'm a newly owner of the T1 too and I have been using the T1 with my portable O2 for night time and paired with a good source that is a bit warmish than neutral (DACport) I'm very impress with what I'm hearing. My O2 is setup with a gain of 1x & 3x and on 3x I'm listening to 10 so the load is not a problem. The O2 is very clear and detail and until I try the T1 on a higher end amplifier I'm not feeling that I'm missing much. This is all based on my experience so YMMV.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to like the O2, that's why I'm considering it. The only worry I have is the one explained in my first post.. With the new one coming out and that I'll need a desktop amp.

Quote:
Look for a used Matrix M Stage. 175.00 get you where you want to go for now.

I did a quick search on a few sites and the best I could find was like $250.. Thanks though.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #2,070 of 10,994

Quote:
a headphone costs over 1000 and an amp less than 200?  really?

Wow, fantastic post.  Extremely constructive and helpful. 
rolleyes.gif

Where's the rule that says you must spend above a certain amount on an amp if your headphones cost $1000?  Also, notice that he said "for now."  It's actually a good idea to get the dream headphones first and slowly figure out and build the system behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back