The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #1,397 of 10,994
IMHO, there is no completely neutral can or speakers.  You go with the one that sounds best to you, your taste, your music, your budget. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #1,398 of 10,994
Ofcourse but you have to have a reference point otherwise you'd end up ordering every headphone in the market till you find the right one. It can be allot of fun however but it's not really practical 
beyersmile.png

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #1,399 of 10,994
So, you wind up with a "somewhat" colored headphone as a base.  I guess that's the best you can do.
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #1,401 of 10,994

Quote:
So, you wind up with a "somewhat" colored headphone as a base.  I guess that's the best you can do.
frown.gif

Does it matter as long as you find something that sounds good to you?

Quote:
Worked for me...

Then more power to you, i however don't have the time nor the funds to do that so i try to take shortcuts 
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #1,403 of 10,994

Quote:
Ofcourse but you have to have a reference point otherwise you'd end up ordering every headphone in the market till you find the right one. It can be allot of fun however but it's not really practical 
beyersmile.png

+1
My first headphones were the DT880 after auditioning several Beyer's, AKG's, Grado's, Senn's and what not.
Even after buting the SR325is and the T50RP they are still my favorite for the clear and neutralish sound.

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #1,404 of 10,994
Hello T1- guys. I´ve pondered between HD800 and T1, and after tons of experiences and reviews the mind is made, and i´m getting the T1´s, while keeping the Senn HD600. But 2 questions remain

- there is used pair on sale, with ok price, and short guarantee. Has there been return cases a lot with T1´s? Should i get it new or used, basically?

- my current amp is Lehmann rhinelander. While i might upgrade it later, but is it ok to start with T1´s?

Thanks in advance

Sep 24, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #1,405 of 10,994
Just got my pair, number 4884, in a few days ago. About 40 hours in now, and I'm really impressed with these. I was going back and forth between T1 and HD and am glad I gave these a shot first. They are just so super natural and clear but not harsh or fatiguing. Was also really pleasantly surprised at the bass punch, very nice. Listening to these through a Grace m903 which is great as well.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #1,406 of 10,994
I bought mint condition used pair of T1´s today, with serial #4000.  With the short testing with Lehmann Rhinelander it´s a good upgrade from my HD600´s. But i suppose i should upgrade my amp too at some point. I saw that Burson is said to be good with T1´s, but i would also like to get a tube- amp. So in that case, it is Woo- audio all the way..?

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #1,408 of 10,994
Hello all,

My current set-up is a laptop with iTunes lossless files--> iBasso D4 DAC--> Woo Audio 3 OTL amp--> HD 650.

But now, I'm itching to upgrade. Will a T1 sound good with my set-up? Or should I get a better DAC and/or amp first? Thanks.

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #1,409 of 10,994
T1 is the best I have ever owned IMO and most importantly the most enjoyable without any doubt. Driving it with a custom Pete Millet SRPP Amp and it sounds fantastic. Tube rolling with Sylvania (2), Tungsol (2) , Tungstram and RCA 12BH7's to get totally different sound sigs as if I have 6 different HPs.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #1,410 of 10,994

Quote:
I bought mint condition used pair of T1´s today, with serial #4000.  With the short testing with Lehmann Rhinelander it´s a good upgrade from my HD600´s. But i suppose i should upgrade my amp too at some point. I saw that Burson is said to be good with T1´s, but i would also like to get a tube- amp. So in that case, it is Woo- audio all the way..?

The Burson makes the T1 very analytical and unforgiving to bad recordings, but the control and imaging resulting from it is extremely good.  Seems a lot of people actually hate that sound but I find it great with movies and games (positioning with games with this combo is out of the world, unimaginable that could be achieved with a stereo headphone).  If you main usage is music go for tubes.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back