The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #10,787 of 10,994
Hey guys

Do you think T1p would go well with NFB 11.38?
The T1.1 goes brilliantly with the Audio-GD R2R 11 I Have not heard it with the NFB 11.38.

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #10,790 of 10,994
Also I don't ever mess with aftermarket cables because it messes up the tuning and makes everything sound out of tune. Which is the worst. I'm worried the impacto might mess up the tuning of the t1.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #10,793 of 10,994
Also I don't ever mess with aftermarket cables because it messes up the tuning and makes everything sound out of tune. Which is the worst. I'm worried the impacto might mess up the tuning of the t1.
I once tried the t5p cable on the t1 and it completely made the t1 sound like crap let alone out of tune.
Also used the alo audio cable included with the westone w80 and that killed the tuning as well. The stock cable was fine though.
I've never heard a cable make any difference in sound unless it was defective to start with. With that said I've re-cabled my T1gen1 with Mogami and mini XLR jacks and to me it sounds the same as it was with the stock cable. Tried my Double-Helix and old TX600 cables since they also have mini-XLR jacks and didn't notice any difference either.

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #10,795 of 10,994
I've never heard a cable make any difference in sound unless it was defective to start with. With that said I've re-cabled my T1gen1 with Mogami and mini XLR jacks and to me it sounds the same as it was with the stock cable. Tried my Double-Helix and old TX600 cables since they also have mini-XLR jacks and didn't notice any difference either.
what sort of differences were you expecting to hear? a defective cable, of course, that would night and day. different headphones, a noticeable difference. different amp/dac ,subtle differences. different cables, barely perceptible.
Also assuming this was a sighted comparison, how did you avoid thinking you heard a difference?
Having you tried swapping to one of the other cables for a period then swapping back, even just for an hour or 2 of listening?

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #10,796 of 10,994
what sort of differences were you expecting to hear? a defective cable, of course, that would night and day. different headphones, a noticeable difference. different amp/dac ,subtle differences. different cables, barely perceptible.
Also assuming this was a sighted comparison, how did you avoid thinking you heard a difference?
Having you tried swapping to one of the other cables for a period then swapping back, even just for an hour or 2 of listening?
Wasn't expecting anything and test were conducted sighted and blind over a period of months (usually when I got together with a bunch of friends who are into high end audio gear). We did the most listening with 3 different T1gen1, all were modded with mini-XLR jacks and as you noted there were very slight differences between them, most noticeable was the oldest (very slightly more forward treble/highs) versus the 2 newer ones. Also did comparisons of cables from Double-Helix and Forza with HD800 and HD800S and also the cables from the T1gen1 using LCD-2f, LCD-3f and LCD-X

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #10,797 of 10,994
ok ,thanks for the info. It surprises me people say they couldnt notice any differences when they are open to idea of cables sounding different, especially when dealing highend gear that should be capable of resolving any differences

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #10,798 of 10,994
ok ,thanks for the info. It surprises me people say they couldnt notice any differences when they are open to idea of cables sounding different, especially when dealing highend gear that should be capable of resolving any differences
The only time I noticed any sound difference caused by a cable was when this one cable had a slightly higher than normal impedance (2.6ohms IIRC) than most cables which are usually around 0.5 to 0.8ohms.

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #10,799 of 10,994
The only time I noticed any sound difference caused by a cable was when this one cable had a slightly higher than normal impedance (2.6ohms IIRC) than most cables which are usually around 0.5 to 0.8ohms.
I think impedance i.e conductor diameter is the biggest factor in cable ''sound'' , for high-end, low senstivity headphones. Im not sure there many really thick aftermarket cables are available, keeping them light and flexible seems to take priority understandably . its very cheap and easy to just use decent quality speaker cable and build one yourself.

Silver is good too I think, better than copper but it so damn expensive Ive only used it for some very short interconnects, its only slightly more conductive than copper so in theory cant see it being a worth using for HP cable unless you use almost the same gauges as copper, which probably wouldnt be worth the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back