The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 2, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #10,396 of 10,994
Today I received a new amplifier Woo Audio WA2, solve headphones.
Re-burn headphones or replace the drivers in T1?
changes to burn after the headphones are small.
Sometimes my patience comes about, I would like from the outset to play perfectly.

RMA I rejected after headphones T1 are perfect condition.
If that does not work I'll have to replace them (drivers, asking € 350 per pair)

left my HD25 play with pink noise and music.

Any Solutions?

Confing:
DAC: SCHiit Bifrost Mutlibit USB
CABLE: VIablue NF S6 Air 0,7m
AMP: WOo Audio WA2
Tube Setting: 2x TungSol 5998 +2x EZ 80 + 2x Amperex 6DJ8/E88CC (Bugle Boys)

And what demagnetization? It changed the demagnetization condition headphones?
Beyer T1 has powerful magnets (1,2 nT)

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #10,397 of 10,994
Sometimes my patience comes about, I would like from the outset to play perfectly.

If that does not work I'll have to replace them (drivers, asking € 350 per pair)

Any Solutions?

Confing:

Not too sure what youre asking here , what's the problem?, your magnets are too powerful and stuff keeps flying across the room and sticking to your headphones?

Sep 4, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #10,398 of 10,994

Any Solutions?

Confing:

It's a little hard to understand here bro, but did you demagnetize the headphones?  That is a no go....

Sep 7, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #10,400 of 10,994

I find my T1's to be one of the most pleasant, listenable, flat response, detailed HPs I have; also extremely comfortable for long periods.

Now the Grado's are the one's that have some treble excitement, and I mean that in a good way.

Just took out my old T1 from hibernation for a listen...
and this post above fits what i am hearing right this moment,
some age-ing helped i guess  ( my ears?)  :p

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #10,402 of 10,994
I am wondering is anyone has ever done immediate back-to-back A-B test with original T1s recalled with Blue or Black Dragon versus stock cable?  That is, two pairs present and literally listening to one for 30-seconds, then the other?

I've always been a big believer in after-market cables for my cans, but have read the stock on the T1s was pretty darn good to begin with.

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #10,403 of 10,994
I should add that my T1s were converted to 4-pin detachables -- so going with Black Dragon or the like is an option.  However, in my experience, unless one is literally taking off one pair and slapping on another, and back and forth again and again, listening critically to all aspects of the sound, one cannot really absorb which sounds better and why.

I sadly cannot attend any meets, so hope someone has actually been through this process with his/her original T1s!   

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #10,404 of 10,994
P.S., Part of me likes to think that, since Beyerdynamic designed the original T1 with an undetatchable cable (versus the Senn 800s), would they really cheap out on its quality -- and thus doom the first wave of user reviews?

Where many (including myself) feel the 800's stock cable was lacking, it seems like Senn kind of knew most would upgrade anyway.

Even if I had the $300 bucks to spend on a quality aftermarket for the T1s, would I gain that much in reality? 

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #10,405 of 10,994
  P.S., Part of me likes to think that, since Beyerdynamic designed the original T1 with an undetatchable cable (versus the Senn 800s), would they really cheap out on its quality -- and thus doom the first wave of user reviews?

Where many (including myself) feel the 800's stock cable was lacking, it seems like Senn kind of knew most would upgrade anyway.

Even if I had the $300 bucks to spend on a quality aftermarket for the T1s, would I gain that much in reality? 

It is just my opinion but with the Zeus cable from AproditeCU24, it came back a transformed headphone.  It could be the quality of the cable work as I understood the cable termination by the manufacturers weren't that great.  I went ahead and used a 3 wire to each side with a dedicated ground for each channel and terminated them balanced.

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #10,406 of 10,994
  I am wondering is anyone has ever done immediate back-to-back A-B test with original T1s recalled with Blue or Black Dragon versus stock cable?  That is, two pairs present and literally listening to one for 30-seconds, then the other?

I've always been a big believer in after-market cables for my cans, but have read the stock on the T1s was pretty darn good to begin with.

I had 2 T1 at the same time, converted one to mini-xlr and used a Mogami cable and compared it to the original, no differences could be heard by me or the 3 others that listened to them.  FWIW I've tried some good Forza and Double-Helix cables ($400-500 range) with my HD-800 and HE-560 and couldn't hear any changes in the sound versus the cheaper Mogami or Canare cables that they were compared against so for me cables are not something that I feel needs to upgraded but for someone who can hear the difference then its up to that individual if its worth the cost.

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #10,407 of 10,994

I've made a number of cables using the same cable that beryedynamic used for the T1 (Sommer Peaock Mk II). One of the cables was for an HD800. I took it to a meet and some folks there compared it to some fancy cables they had, and they claimed they could hear the difference between cables. Their remarks were "best copper cable they have ever heard". 

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #10,408 of 10,994
  My DT 880's turn 10 at the end of the month.  I certainly got my use out of them, the pads are beyond done.  After a long deliberation, I have decided to save the jump to Electrostats for another time.  I have purchased the T1's and I am awaiting shipment.  I'll post impressions after sufficient burn in time, from the viewpoint of a longtime 880 user.  I am using a Modi 2 uber + Asgard 2 to drive them.  

I know it's been over a year...but I wanted to make good on my promise.  Some crazy stuff happened in my life, and I straight up lost track of a lot of online communications I had going. 

I snagged the T1's 1st gen last year for just over $700 on Amazon.  Coming from a long term use of the DT880's, it was not the quantum leap I expected in the beginning.  However, I gave myself about 3 months with them, then put the 880's back on.  Yeah, there is a big difference...I couldn't go back if I wanted. 

For someone like me, who values accurate reproduction, the T1's are everything I wanted.  After burn in, I don't find them too harsh. They are sooo comfortable; I can wear them forever.  I listen to a lot of electronic and reggae these days, and I do find the bass response good enough.  High VBR or bitrate MP3 doesn't cut it anymore; I need flacs - the difference is noticeable.  For gaming and video watching, I think they perform exceptionally well.  I am able to pick out fine details in the middle of FPS action or movie scenes.   I do now wish I had an amp that is up to the same quality; the Asgard 2 is able to drive them, but I do feel there is a better pairing out there.  I can't afford a WA2 right now; so I might settle on a Valhalla 2 - my options are limited by pre-amp out. 

And one other thing, they are surprisingly durable.  My clumsy self will get the cord wrapped on the office chair, and when getting up quickly I have spiked them to the ground a few times.  Even after a minor dent on the outer mesh, performance has remained the same.  My only gripe with the cans was no cover / foam on the inside.  If you have longer hair, that can cause your hair to rub on the inside speaker, which is annoying.  But that is no longer a problem for me anymore as I changed my hairstyle over time.   I hope this information is of use to someone - I am very happy to be a part of a T1 club. 

-Az

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #10,409 of 10,994
Ummm... I'm just not too sure about these, and wondered how other members find them?
I just love my HD800's for classical music, and to me these are 'end game' for that genre. BUT for rock/pop/jazz, I found the HD800's lacking.
I then invested in a pair of T90's for rock, pop etc., and was overall quite satisfied. BUT THAT SIBILANCE! Awful. A nice overall soundscape, but the top end spoils it.
Enter the T1. They sound 'flatter' than the T90's, and I'm just not too sure about them.
Do they 'grow' on you with time?

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #10,410 of 10,994
Ummm... I'm just not too sure about these, and wondered how other members find them?
I just love my HD800's for classical music, and to me these are 'end game' for that genre. BUT for rock/pop/jazz, I found the HD800's lacking.
I then invested in a pair of T90's for rock, pop etc., and was overall quite satisfied. BUT THAT SIBILANCE! Awful. A nice overall soundscape, but the top end spoils it.
Enter the T1. They sound 'flatter' than the T90's, and I'm just not too sure about them.
Do they 'grow' on you with time?

What amp & DAC are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back