The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #10,036 of 10,994
Is the current consensus on the better amp with the T1 the Valhalla 2 or the Lyr 2, using the bifrost as DAC?

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #10,039 of 10,994

I think the T5p2 and the PM3 are quite far apart in their voicing, so a decision between them is more a matter of taste I'd say. I, for one, prefer the T5p2 over the PM3 by a long shot, even directly out of an iPhone or a AK320.

And there's quite a difference between the old T5p and the 2. Gen., the old one was quite... dividing. The new one is much more balanced, I even prefer it to the new T1.2.

My comment was regarding the T5P, first generation, not the new version. If there was any confusion, my apologies. I have no experience with the 2nd gen, unfortunately. I stand by my suggestion though, that for the price of the original T5P, most would be better served by the combo I mentioned. Of course ymmv, as I also mentioned beforehand.

I have the original T1, and still ranks as one of the best in my opinion. T1 gen 2 is something I hope to be able to audition in the near future. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #10,040 of 10,994
My comment was regarding the T5P, first generation, not the new version. If there was any confusion, my apologies. I have no experience with the 2nd gen, unfortunately. I stand by my suggestion though, that for the price of the original T5P, most would be better served by the combo I mentioned. Of course ymmv, as I also mentioned beforehand.

I have the original T1, and still ranks as one of the best in my opinion. T1 gen 2 is something I hope to be able to audition in the near future. 

Sorry, I did not make it clear that in fact I was suggesting the T5p2 over both the pm3 and its older brother, as I did interpret your post as relating to the older version -- where I would actually prefer the PM3 given the price difference. The PM3 is not a bad headphone, it's just not exactly tuned to my preference. But that's a simple matter of taste.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #10,041 of 10,994
Has anyone modded their T1 to be fully open?
I saw a thread about T1 dampening, improve the overall perceived SQ?
I didn't mod mine yet to see the improvement, but would like to see dampening vs full-open mod comparison.

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #10,043 of 10,994
you could possibly reverse it if you use another metal grill, though it will be a pain in arse to re-glue the metal that is enclosing the grill.

Side note: apparently, the headband assembly is darn expensive; $339.
I wonder if there is anybody out in the world that likes a T1 with a night fury on side of headband.. because im planning to sell it for hd800.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #10,044 of 10,994
So I joined the T1 1st gen club a few days ago. I am quite pleased to with them right now. I wanted to confirm whether or not I might have been lucky enough to have the 2nd gen drivers in my pair (#23xxx)?

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #10,045 of 10,994
So I joined the T1 1st gen club a few days ago. I am quite pleased to with them right now. I wanted to confirm whether or not I might have been lucky enough to have the 2nd gen drivers in my pair (#23xxx)?

It looks definitely having the 2nd Gen baffle frames, not sure about the actual driver units though.

I think earlier in this thread there was another fellow listened to the T1.1 and T1.1.5 side by side and said there is no audible difference.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #10,047 of 10,994
It looks definitely having the 2nd Gen baffle frames, not sure about the actual driver units though.

I think earlier in this thread there was another fellow listened to the T1.1 and T1.1.5 side by side and said there is no audible difference.

Thanks for your reply borrego! Yeah, its interesting for sure. I find that this T1 almost checks all the boxes for me in that it has articulated bass, present mids, and extended treble that is true to source material/ audio chain. I feel that the $765.00 I paid for these new T1s might be worth it even more so now.

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #10,048 of 10,994
did anybody tried using T1 headphone cup with DT series headband?
they seem to have very similar dimensions and I think fitting T1 with DT series headband frame would work.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #10,050 of 10,994
I've had the T1s for about 2 years now... and didn't know a change in amplifier would have such vast improvements.
It's never been this good before, I have driven them with the Xonar STX and even the well praised Woo Audio WA2, but after plugging it into the Lehmann Linears... omg... I've been sitting here for the last 3 hrs without even getting into the mood to play a single game...

Can't express how really happy I am the T1s, such transformation!

I'm currently waiting for the damping kit and the detachable XLR kit to arrive from customcans.uk, but now I'm getting cold feet to even attempt it, was ready and willing to break it but not anymore...

So if anyone does plan on buying the T1s... like the poster above... you will be underwhelmed until fully driven!
I might've tried the T90s ages ages ago after trying out like 5 beyerdynamics, but ended up walking out with the T1s, sounded excellent in stores but never that great at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back