The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 6, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #9,888 of 10,994
Has anyone replaced the earpads for T1? Is the EDT 990 VB the same as the stock pads? it seems nowhere I can buy the EDT T1V except from the Beyer's GR site which doesn't ship to my country :frowning2:
Email them, they will ship it to you.

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #9,889 of 10,994
Well that is disappointing.  Looks like the EDT T1V is in fact the replacement pad for the 1st generation T1.  I'm pretty sure those pads were not available when I bought my new ones.

The EDT 990 VB was expensive enough; now it looks like I need to get new pads again.

If anyone has tried both pads on the original T1 - EDT 990 VB and EDT T1V - I'd sure like to hear what you think.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #9,890 of 10,994
  Well that is disappointing.  Looks like the EDT T1V is in fact the replacement pad for the 1st generation T1.  I'm pretty sure those pads were not available when I bought my new ones.

The EDT 990 VB was expensive enough; now it looks like I need to get new pads again.

If anyone has tried both pads on the original T1 - EDT 990 VB and EDT T1V - I'd sure like to hear what you think.

there are bunch of replacement pads (3rd party) on ebay from china. you could try those first, or ask here if anyone bought those pads and tried it...

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #9,891 of 10,994
Could you guys help me out here?
I bought my T1 months ago and recently the left channel sounds funny. When I turn off the WA2 there's some noise coming from the left channel. Also, the low frequency is totally disappear. The drum sounds like farting. Should I send it back to the dealer? From your experience, after replacing the unit (if possible) would the headphone sounded like before? Thank you

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #9,892 of 10,994
I bought my T1 months ago and recently the left channel sounds funny. When I turn off the WA2 there's some noise coming from the left channel. Also, the low frequency is totally disappear. The drum sounds like farting. Should I send it back to the dealer? From your experience, after replacing the unit (if possible) would the headphone sounded like before? Thank you

Do you have other amp than WA2 or other 600Ohm cans to verify that the T1 is really defective and that the defect does not come from a tube.
If you are sure that T1 is deffective,  BeyerDynamic customer service is great and if you did not modified it you can send it back for and get a fully repared headphone like new !

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #9,893 of 10,994

Do you have other amp than WA2 or other 600Ohm cans to verify that the T1 is really defective and that the defect does not come from a tube.
If you are sure that T1 is deffective,  BeyerDynamic customer service is great and if you did not modified it you can send it back for and get a fully repared headphone like new !

Yeah, I swapped all the tubes and used my HD650 and LCD-X on it and couldn't find any problem so I am pretty sure it's the phone. In this case should I contact the dealer or Beyer directly?
By the way, I bought it from a eBay store of an authorize dealer.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #9,894 of 10,994

removed, you replied as I was hitting submit... already swapped tubes.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #9,895 of 10,994
  Yeah, I swapped all the tubes and used my HD650 and LCD-X on it and couldn't find any problem so I am pretty sure it's the phone. In this case should I contact the dealer or Beyer directly?
By the way, I bought it from a eBay store of an authorize dealer.

Generally you must contact the dealer sometimes it offer replacement to new (never bought so pricy item on ebay) so i do not know how your dealer will act.
You can find all official dealer from this page
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/distributors/worldwide.html
for U.S. you can also contact http://unitedsoundservicesllc.com/

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #9,896 of 10,994
Dec 13, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #9,897 of 10,994
12/13/15 -- Just signing in as new T1 owner (#21830).  I have been a happy Senn 650 fellow for many years and have enjoyed them through Earmax Pro, Mapletree, Singlepower, and most recently Woo.

But when I recently returned to a Cary 300SEI, I knew it was time to do an A/B with the T1s.  I found a good deal on the 1st generation model as I could not swing the extra $450 the new model would cost -- and enough folks on this thread had raved about the originals regardless.

I'll cut to the chase.  Within a day, my beloved 650s, cans that had served me well for so log, were sold.  I perhaps could have justified keeping them financially and for nostalgia.  But I knew that I would never be able to again really enjoy them after listening to the T1/Cary 300 combo.  

It's funny, I bought the Cary as a downsize from excellent Cary tube separates and because I know from having owned one before how wonderful it sounds (with the right tubes) paired with my big Spendors nearfield in my small dedicated listening room.  What I had forgotten was how superb the amp is driving headphones!

I went from being an 80/20 (speaker/headphone) guy to now a 20/80 with the T1s.  An audiophile for 45 years, I can honestly say that the T1/300SEI combo has changed how I listen to my music more than anything else.

Thanks to everyone who took the time in years past to post impressions of this headphone.  They are a sublime window into the music. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #9,898 of 10,994

Originally the 990 pads were advertised as the replacement pads for the T1 as well (listed under accessories on the T1 product page). To me they always looked a bit different from the original T1 pads though... The EDT T1V pads are a rather new addition and look like the pads that came with the original T1. Yet I'd spare myself the trouble of an exchange as the 990 pads were obviously deemed correct for several years by Beyerdynamic themselves...

I'll cut to the chase.  Within a day, my beloved 650s, cans that had served me well for so log, were sold.  I perhaps could have justified keeping them financially and for nostalgia.  But I knew that I would never be able to again really enjoy them after listening to the T1/Cary 300 combo.  

Welcome & enjoy!

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #9,899 of 10,994
12/13/15 -- Just signing in as new T1 owner (#21830).  I have been a happy Senn 650 fellow for many years and have enjoyed them through Earmax Pro, Mapletree, Singlepower, and most recently Woo.

But when I recently returned to a Cary 300SEI, I knew it was time to do an A/B with the T1s.  I found a good deal on the 1st generation model as I could not swing the extra $450 the new model would cost -- and enough folks on this thread had raved about the originals regardless.

It's funny, I bought the Cary as a downsize from excellent Cary tube separates and because I know from having owned one before how wonderful it sounds (with the right tubes) paired with my big Spendors nearfield in my small dedicated listening room.  What I had forgotten was how superb the amp is driving headphones!

I went from being an 80/20 (speaker/headphone) guy to now a 20/80 with the T1s.  An audiophile for 45 years, I can honestly say that the T1/300SEI combo has changed how I listen to my music more than anything else.

Thanks to everyone who took the time in years past to post impressions of this headphone.  They are a sublime window into the music. 
You did good! For me Original is much better than second! In original bass, mids and stage was much better than new version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back