The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #7,637 of 10,994
I was wondering if someone could check something for me. I have been playing with my T1's tonight and my HD650's. There is a song by Train called 50 ways to say goodbye. On my PC speakers, and my HD650's the percussion sounds normal and "right" and on the T1's on both the Crack and Odac and Amp Combination, it sounds really "off". 

Anyone able to confirm that ?

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #7,638 of 10,994
  For myself, can someone tell me if they have had any experience with the T1's and either the O2/ODac and/or the Modi/Magni? And if so, how was it?
Thanks.

Well , T1 was the best headphone that passed through my home ,  i run the T1+O² combo for some months and it was an enjoyable experience . Great soundstaging large and deep  , nicely detailed , transparent and airy sound overal , a bit lean and dry in bass departement , but it didn't bothered me that much , cause it kicked enough hard , some harshness on highs with bad recording though .  But i have to say that some times depending on mood i could preferer using a HD600 or AD2000 instead of T1 (due to their different tonality) . And now i prefer settle with under 500 $ cans , have other priorities , and finances are limited so no more T1 ^^ .

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #7,639 of 10,994
I've owned the T1's since last summer and am pretty used to their sound signature.  I currently pair them with the Beyer A1 amp and a Schiit Uber Bifrost.  I'm thinking about upgrading my system this summer and getting the WA2 to pair with them.  I have only heard my T1's through solid state though and have never listened to tube amps.  I play lots of games and watch movies on my computer so would a tube amp have any huge noticeable improvements/ or advantages in those areas? 

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #7,640 of 10,994
  I've owned the T1's since last summer and am pretty used to their sound signature.  I currently pair them with the Beyer A1 amp and a Schiit Uber Bifrost.  I'm thinking about upgrading my system this summer and getting the WA2 to pair with them.  I have only heard my T1's through solid state though and have never listened to tube amps.  I play lots of games and watch movies on my computer so would a tube amp have any huge noticeable improvements/ or advantages in those areas? 

Despite being a big fan of tube amps, I'd say that it all depends on the amp. There are great tube amps and crappy tube amps (same as SS). There are also, more importantly, smooth, rolled off tube amps and much more neutral sounding ones so it all comes down to preference. I know that's not a particularly helpful answer, but it's just such a personal thing that's so subjective.

Perhaps we can help more by asking what you're looking for in terms of improvements to the sound? What would you like to hear from an upgraded amp?

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #7,641 of 10,994
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a Crack w. Speedball. In a month or so I will be able to give an informed opinion on the relative merits of the Crack and the A1 when used with the T1.

I can always sell the "looser", if indeed there is one :)

EDIT:

Thanks, JamieMcC!

After that, I really think I'm done. My goal with going for headphones was to build a system that was if not the undisputed best in the world, then close enough that I would never feel the need for any improvement. The attraction is that unlike speakers you should be able to "get there" for $2,000 or thereabouts. 

I'm pretty sure I'm there with my office system once it's T1 + BH Crack w. Speedball and my NAD D1050 DAC. Actually I thought I was done, but reading about the Crack + T1 impressions got me fired up just a little. Hope it will bring more oomph to the low end of the T1s, although I'm close to content with the current state of affairs.

For mobile the end game will be Sennheiser IE800 + Beyerdynamic A200P, or (if the Senns fail to impress me) just sticking with my Beyer DT1350 80 ohm for portable use. I was really not considering in-ears until recently, but I gather that you can now get  performance that rivals or exceeds the DT 1350s in the in-ear form factor, and frankly that would be a lot more convenient for travel and on-the-go.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #7,643 of 10,994
Guys, T1 on sale from Buydig ebay for $699
http://m.ebay.com/itm/331227747866?nav=SEARCH
We're better hurry up =))

All the recent deep discounts on the T1 leave me with the impression that the dealers have been warned that Beyer is coming out with a replacement. No, I don't have any special knowledge about this but the situation seems obvious. It seems that many dealers are clearing stock. I would not be surprised to hear an announcement from Beyer about a replacement in the next few months, perhaps even sooner.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #7,644 of 10,994
All the recent deep discounts on the T1 leave me with the impression that the dealers have been warned that Beyer is coming out with a replacement. No, I don't have any special knowledge about this but the situation seems obvious. It seems that many dealers are clearing stock. I would not be surprised to hear an announcement from Beyer about a replacement in the next few months, perhaps even sooner.

That's possible. I see a local retailer currently not stocking T1 anymore.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #7,645 of 10,994

This isn't the first time this type of discount has happened and many of them occurred >12 months ago. Don't forget that it's approaching the end of financial year for many businesses so this could also be stock clearing activity.

I'm not saying there won't be a replacement, but we need more evidence than just discounting to start thinking that because there have been discounts to T1s happening for ages. The good news is that more and more people get to enjoy these great headphones!

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #7,646 of 10,994
I'm think Beyer may come out with new flagship soon as well. They just recently released new flagship A2 amp to replace A1. Maybe the T2 is gonna be their next. T1's currently kinda left behind compared to Hd800, LCd3, He6, and 009, or even new he560 or Oppo phone. I dunno exactly what they're thinking in their head.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #7,647 of 10,994
At $699, I don't see any points why people would choose HD800 over T1. Hd800 is hardly be found around $1200 new and used usually runs around $1000. $300 more than brand new T1. If brand new hd800s go below $890 (happened once on last black Friday), I might consider. At this point there is a no-brainer to wrap a pair of T1.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #7,648 of 10,994
At $699, I don't see any points why people would choose HD800 over T1. Hd800 is hardly be found around $1200 new and used usually runs around $1000. $300 more than brand new T1. If brand new hd800s go below $890 (happened once on last black Friday), I might consider. At this point there is a no-brainer to wrap a pair of T1.

No question at $699 the T1's are a great value. I own both the T1's and the HD800's. It would be hard to say that the HD800 is worth twice the price but I must say it gets more of my head time. As much as I appreciated the value of the T1's I must be honest and say that the HD00's are better phones. What they are not is worth twice the value. I am waiting to compare the new HE560's when they are available to see how they compete with my T1's.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #7,649 of 10,994

As it happens, I'm currently selling my T1 since IMO the HD800 is the better phones. Some may prefer the T1's sound sig subjectively, but objective measurements would prove that the HD800 is the more technically proficient cans (especially in terms of distortion, or lack of distortion that is).

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #7,650 of 10,994

As it happens, I'm currently selling my T1 since IMO the HD800 is the better phones. Some may prefer the T1's sound sig subjectively, but objective measurements would prove that the HD800 is the more technically proficient cans (especially in terms of distortion, or lack of distortion that is).

I have considered selling my T1's also but the recent drop in price would cause me to take a huge loss in selling them. I think on the used market they are only reasonably going for around $400-$500. I might just keep them for occasonal use rather than donate them for such a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back