The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #7,562 of 10,994
Listening to my T1's via my Master-6 as I type this. Sounds superb.

Haven't listened to them much recently, I forgot how good they sound.

Won't be making that mistake again 
wink_face.gif

May 30, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #7,563 of 10,994
Am I the last person on Head-Fi to pair the spl Auditor with my T1?  

May 30, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #7,564 of 10,994
  Is there a consensus on maybe 2 or 3 of the best amps for the T1? I am using my Lyr and I love the sound but as we all know, There is always room for improvement.

No consensus I think, but the Woo gear is highly regarded with the T1s and the Bottlehead amps pair extremely well with T1s.

From experience I can say that the Mainline + T1 combo hold its own against anything I've heard to date, including various flagship combos costing up to $4000-5000.

May 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #7,565 of 10,994
  Self-serving I know but my Woo Audio WA2 sounds incredible...and it gets a lot of press as being a great synergy with the T1's.

+1 to this.
I bought used WA2 initially for my Audezes (XC and 2F) but the T1 beat them flat...the clarity in par with my Staxes but the soundstage is incredible. Stax more intimate because the sound is like all around you and close while the T1 a bit further away but still great and engaging.
I use them both sparingly this past week while my Audezes simply sitting in their stand looking jealously to the T1 and the Staxes.

Also...the 7236 really sound much better than the stock tube (6080).

May 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #7,566 of 10,994
Is there a consensus on maybe 2 or 3 of the best amps for the T1? I am using my Lyr and I love the sound but as we all know, There is always room for improvement.

I heard some head-fiers think that T1 sounds too bright with Burson amps but I think my T1 is most transparent with my Soloist, it is like everything is being display infront of you and this is very importtant for me. I had tried three amps and Soloist is the most detail and transparent with T1.

Jun 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #7,568 of 10,994
Hi guys, can I join the club? 
tongue.gif

Sorry for posting too many pics above, I was so excited when my T1 arrived today. This is the first time I've ever heard the T1 
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,569 of 10,994
By the way, I'm planning to buy an amp to pair with my T1. I'm currently using the Bottlehead Crack ( with speedball upgrade and some great tubes ) and I want to upgrade to get the best of the T1. I've read some reviews and finally came up with the final 2 choices: the WooAudio WA2 and the Bottlehead Mainline, both are in the same price range.

Are there anyone heard these amps driving the T1s? If so, what's your opinion?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #7,570 of 10,994
What are first impressions of the T1? (I'm contemplating the same purchase...)

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #7,571 of 10,994
  By the way, I'm planning to buy an amp to pair with my T1. I'm currently using the Bottlehead Crack ( with speedball upgrade and some great tubes ) and I want to upgrade to get the best of the T1. I've read some reviews and finally came up with the final 2 choices: the WooAudio WA2 and the Bottlehead Mainline, both are in the same price range.

Thanks in advance!

Kratos congratulations on your T1's I really like mine paired with the Crack, roll in your GEC sit back and enjoy!

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #7,572 of 10,994

Thanks in advance!

I've had my WA2 for quite a few months now with my re-cabled T1's and Schiit Uber Bifrost DAC.  Moved up to the WA2 from a Schiit Lyr amp.  I have no experience with the Bottlehead Mainline.
What I can tell you is that the upgrade with the WA2 from the Lyr was huge.  Everything I hoped for and more.  You have to make intelligent tube choices as to the sound signature that you're looking for...and of course that involves some additional (and, in my case, substantial) expense.  I am running Tung Sol 5998s as my power tubes, late 50's Philips Miniwatt E188CC 'SQ's' as my driver tubes and alternating a few different rectifiers.  I would go into detail as to my impressions but they are very nicely worded in JayG's description under "Listening Impressions" in the opening review of the "Woo Audio 2" thread here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/402215/the-woo-audio-2#post_5308891
I agree with his assessment completely.  Check it out.

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #7,573 of 10,994
I'll add a couple more things that may be of interest to you. I had my amp choice narrowed down to the Soloist or the WA2. I had a chance to preview the T1's with my son's new Soloist and it sounded great...it was then that I made the decision to replace my Lyr. I ended up going with the WA2 just because I wanted the tube rolling option...and I'd read a bunch of great T1/WA2 reviews.
Going with the more powerful 5998's as the power tubes and the very upfront presentation of the MiniWatt E188CCs brought me from the 5th row to the front row, which is the signature I prefer. Plus those 2 tubes provide the detail of the SS Soloist without sacrificing that plump, meaty tube goodness...at least to my ears. To me it's the best of both worlds.

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #7,574 of 10,994

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/pioferro/media/photo_zpsc10f3503.jpg.html

My T1's just arrived today at the office!!!! So excited! Part of the T1 Owner's Club!

Edit: not sure why the pic isn't displaying correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back