The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 12, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #7,426 of 10,994

Not to burst your bubble but the Americans (Audeze) have the Germans beat on this one
tongue_smile.gif

Lets talk about that in 15 years (Beyer supports their top-models for 20+ years :wink:

No, in general I've found build quality to be excellent in their midrange and high end offerings. Did not try any budget headphones so I can't comment on that. The headband not retaining position 100% accurately is more of a nuisance than a failure. And nothing that will break or severely hinder usage over the years. Its more nitpicking my favorite headphone a bit :wink:

May 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #7,427 of 10,994

Lets talk about that in 15 years (Beyer supports their top-models for 20+ years :wink:

No, in general I've found build quality to be excellent in their midrange and high end offerings. Did not try any budget headphones so I can't comment on that. The headband not retaining position 100% accurately is more of a nuisance than a failure. And nothing that will break or severely hinder usage over the years. Its more nitpicking my favorite headphone a bit :wink:

put it on my calendar...

May 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #7,432 of 10,994
Sure it delivers enough power... most people seem to prefer warmer amps with the T1 though, so whether you will enjoy the pairing is a different issue entirely.   I'm not sure which part of it you're looking to buy, but if there's a chance you can audition first do it...

May 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #7,433 of 10,994
  Sure it delivers enough power... most people seem to prefer warmer amps with the T1 though, so whether you will enjoy the pairing is a different issue entirely.   I'm not sure which part of it you're looking to buy, but if there's a chance you can audition first do it...

+1

The Soloist has a very "etched", sharp-edged sound which could easily become tiresome and fatiguing to some people with the T1s. Nice amp, just not necessarily to everyone's tastes.

May 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #7,435 of 10,994
Does anyone have any experience pushing the T1's with a FiiO E18 or a Bravo Audio Ocean amp? I know the T1's benefit greatly from better dacs and amps, but these are the only 2 I will be owning for a good while most likely, unless someone answers my Wanted Ad for some Mister-X portables such as an XP or Mini3 or HPDac :)

May 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #7,436 of 10,994
Wow this is great punit.
My local modder say it will be a major mod to do so therefore I go ahead with a more simpler solution by adding like 5cm cable from the headphone and terminate it with 4pin mini XLR.
With this we don't do any drilling or structural changes in the T1.
Hope the result will be as good as a direct one like this.

How's it sound btw ?
No changes from the original assume everything remain the same.

Quote:

My T1 with mini-xlr mods from BTG :

May 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #7,438 of 10,994

Nope no detrimental changes to sound. Its been 30-40 days since the T1's were out for the mini-XLR mod, I have since then sold my single ended amp's (WA6 & BH Crack) & moved to balanced WA22, hence cannot really comment on the exact improvement in sound as compared to the stock T1, of course it sounds better but that may be partly / mostly because I have a better amp now. Few things I noticed immediately is that the sound stage width, depth has increased & the space between layers of sounds is more pronounced now, Clarity & top end extension is bit better but again I think most of this is because of the change in amp.

Also am using DHC "Peptide Hybrid" silver-copper 26awg litz cable now.

After my very favourable experience with BH Crack I've decided I will always want to own a high quality OTL amp, for those times when I want thumping bass on my high impd HP's. I have placed an order for a custom made OTL , but that will take another 2 months.

May 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #7,439 of 10,994
  Greetings! Does anyone know if Burson Soloist is sufficient for T1?

I am using T1 with Soloist SL, like it very much. Burson SL is transparent and silence, but if you want to add some warm to T1, this will not fit, it only provide true sound.

May 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #7,440 of 10,994
What's T1 original cable 6 core mean? It's a balanced cable, but the adapter only has 3 segment, it can't be really balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back