The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 2, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #7,037 of 10,994
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-tesla-t1/reviews/10587
ph34r.gif
confused_face_2.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif
popcorn.gif

Buys a $1400 flagship headphone, and writes a detailed "review" (rant) on how bad they are.............when running them out of a $150 amplifier and god knows what source.

Im guessing this is the amp his referring to? 

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #7,038 of 10,994
BeyerDynamic T1 Tesla 600 Ohm Open Headphones $749 + Free Shipping (View Thread

Posted 2 days ago 04:30 PM by iconian 
1 post matches your query - Deal Talk

+46 

Frontpage241Replies26,375ViewsNew reply by mva5580 13 hours ago 06:26 PMSennheiser HD800 only $889 + free shipping sold by Amazon.com(not third party)

Posted 12-19-2013 06:42 PM by voltesv 
1 post matches your query - Deal Ta

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #7,039 of 10,994
In fact, from what I've read on T1-related discussions, some people thinks O2 pairs well (in its price range) with T1.
I've tested the O2 with DT880 32ohm, and I do think it's a deal for the price.
Then again, that's his opinion (rant?) that we can agree / disagree upon.
Maybe someone can buy the T1 from him with the price he think T1's worth?

I'm quite curious about the trade show video lol
Judging from the special markings on the headband, it's possible (can't read Deutsch, sorry) that the Beyerdynamic accepts pre-order / order and delivers on-site during the show.
Doing the final assembly on-site is to amuse the participants.
I guess few people is naive enough to think that they'll make the membrane / coil / magnet unit on-site, right?

I'm now driving my T1 (#24xx bought for 1 month, maybe it's in the stock for a long time) with a Fiio E17 / E09K combo, and looking for upgrades after burn-in.
The resolution is not good now, as expected, but the overall sound signature is quite enjoyable to me.
Just my two cents :wink:

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #7,042 of 10,994
O2 is 88mw max into 600 ohms. Somehow I don't see that as optimal for the T1 when it is rated for 300mw into 600 ohms max. I never heard the Q2 with my T1's or HD800's so I can't comment on the sound. Seems to me a fair review for a flagship would use flagship equipment as the front end. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #7,043 of 10,994
300mw is the maximum power for T1, I'm pretty should nobody would listen to T1 at max power level unless you want to bust your eardrums. @ 88mW the O2 can drive T1 at decently loud volume.

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #7,044 of 10,994
Yeah T1 deserves decent source, but the price is still a concern.
That's why we welcome different reviews with different sources.

I for one set the source budget limit, AMP + DAC, at USD 1400 which is the official price of T1.
(I bought mine @ ~USD 900 though)
Yeah I know there are better sources above the limit, but hey, it's not a arm race.
Be content with the equipment to a certain degree and spend the money on the music itself, or other important things in life.

Maybe I should stop refreshing the browser and go out to find another job lol

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #7,045 of 10,994
ph34r.gif
confused_face_2.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif
popcorn.gif

Buys a $1400 flagship headphone, and writes a detailed "review" (rant) on how bad they are.............when running them out of a $150 amplifier and god knows what source.

Im guessing this is the amp his referring to? 

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/

I thought it was a pretty fun read! 
biggrin.gif

More importantly, it is a world class example of how hi-fi is taken more seriously in proportion with amount of money spent.

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #7,046 of 10,994
My estimates on pricing is based on having been an engineer for a company that makes commercial electronics with similar markup and build.  I have seen the bill of materials on products like this before. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #7,047 of 10,994
ph34r.gif
confused_face_2.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif
popcorn.gif

Something smells very fishy.    Did anyone else notice that he wrote this review BEFORE HE EVER RECEIVED HIS HEADPHONES?

Go back and look at the timing of when he posted this review, and then look at the timing of several of his posts, MADE AFTER HE POSTED THIS REVIEW, about "let's wait and see what they sound like when they arrive" and other comments that he "just ordered them", that make it clear that he just ordered them and does not yet have them and had not heard them.

I think his review was just a way to get back at Beyerdynamic for his anger over the price.

I am sure he will now go back and edit some of his threads now, in an attempt to cover his tracks.

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #7,048 of 10,994

Maybe you've misinterpreted me...
Even if the logo fades I think that is no indication of build quality.

You raised several point s that called into question the build quality of the T1.

Do you really believe the T1 is poorly constructed?

Now hold on there, of course I don't believe they are poorly constructed. The build quality is good. The point i was making is that some comments on this thread would lead you to believe that the T1's have better build quality (durability) than HD800. I just don't think that is an accurate statement. 

Only my hands touch the headphones and because of that the logo wears after a while on T1 and the leather coming off has been an issue. I treat the Hd800 the same way and no marks anywhere. Scrathes on the plastic of the HD800 don't count if they are left on hard surfaces. I would never leave them on the table or anything, they are always in the box or on my head. 

Maybe there is a reason Sennheiser don't use metal and leather. It could be because things like this eventually happen. 
I remember having my HD650's for 2 years and they had no marks anywhere either. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #7,049 of 10,994

Something smells very fishy.    Did anyone else notice that he wrote this review BEFORE HE EVER RECEIVED HIS HEADPHONES?

Go back and look at the timing of when he posted this review, and then look at the timing of several of his posts, MADE AFTER HE POSTED THIS REVIEW, about "let's wait and see what they sound like when they arrive" and other comments that he "just ordered them", that make it clear that he just ordered them and does not yet have them and had not heard them.

I think his review was just a way to get back at Beyerdynamic for his anger over the price.

I am sure he will now go back and edit some of his threads now, in an attempt to cover his tracks.

lol. If you read the whole review you would see that I uploaded a pic. shipping is fast in the U.S..

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #7,050 of 10,994

I thought it was a pretty fun read! 
biggrin.gif

More importantly, it is a world class example of how hi-fi is taken more seriously in proportion with amount of money spent.

Thank you. I really tried hard to not be biased, but the headphone doesn't have what you expect from a flagship. Distortion, erratic frequency response, fatigue . . . and the build quality was not in any way more expensive looking than the HD800. It's just some plastic, metal tubes and some average leather. The Audeze, yes they were a little more expensive to make material wize with their polished wood, metal case and lush leather, but not these.

Now when someone reads the T1 reviews wondering if this is the flagship they should buy, they'll be more informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back