The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #6,946 of 10,994
Yes you're right they should have made it out of lead steel and wood (total cost about $20 more maybe) to be "high tech."

Why not just use marble? Lol

Dood come on Sennheiser is the top most ethical most honest brand in audio today. Don't ding them for refusing to make a heavy headphone

I would hardly call the pricing of their new balanced cables "honest." A stock 1/4" HD650 cable from Sennheiser costs $12.32 from their own store and the new balanced cable costs $239. More than $200 for a terminator is a bit ridiculous and in no way honest. Both cables use the same copper conductor. You can buy pure silver or silver-copper cables for less than that.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #6,947 of 10,994

I would hardly call the pricing of their new balanced cables "honest." A stock 1/4" HD650 cable from Sennheiser costs $12.32 from their own store and the new balanced cable costs $239. More than $200 for a terminator is a bit ridiculous and in no way honest. Both cables use the same copper conductor. You can buy pure silver or silver-copper cables for less than that.

You claim they're charging $235 for a cable that is the exact equivalent of a $12 cable? To be honest I don't know anything about that issue but I doubt it and if you don't like the $235 wires, then you can just return them for a refund. Sennheiser never forces their product on you. This alone should make them impervious to critiques.

Any way this is really taking away from the thread so I would please ask you to stop.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #6,948 of 10,994
  please don't sh** all over me when you can easily treated me fairly.

Oh the joys of youth.

Welcome to the real world! As the reality starts to sink in you will realise there is no loyalty in business. Business is business period any loyalty shown is self serving. you the consumer decides what to spend your cash on. You will soon find being loyal to a brand or company or service provider will get you nowhere fast and 9 time out of ten you will be poorer for it. Use the system to your advantage grab the best deal you can and stick two fingers up at those who would part you from your hard earned cash.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #6,949 of 10,994
  Oh the joys of youth.

Welcome to the real world! As the reality starts to sink in you will realise there is no loyalty in business. Business is business period any loyalty shown is self serving. you the consumer decides what to spend your cash on. You will soon find being loyal to a brand or company will get you nowhere fast and 9 time out of ten you will be poorer for it. Use the system to your advantage grab the best deal you can and stick two fingers up at those who would part you from your hard earned cash.

Edit: Sorry yes you're right. I don't think all companies are disloyal, but some clearly are.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #6,950 of 10,994
Yes you're right they should have made it out of lead steel and wood (total cost about $20 more maybe) to be "high tech."

Why not just use marble? Lol

Dood come on Sennheiser is the top most ethical most honest brand in audio today. Don't ding them for refusing to make a heavy headphone

your getting off track here. what i said is that a headphone that is made of plastic, ( and most of senns are) isn't worth a $1500 price tag. and a $3000 audeze lcd3 made of wood and metal isn't worth it either. for that kind of money i'll pick up a pair of focal speakers

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #6,951 of 10,994
Ok, you value headphones based on whether they're made of heavy materials, I'll value them based on comfort and sound, like Sennheiser does (by the way, the cushion cover on the HD800s is incredibly comfortable, even more comfortable than velour). Let's agree to disagree and end this discussion. Thanks.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #6,954 of 10,994
Got mine for $850, good for you both 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #6,956 of 10,994
  Ok, you value headphones based on whether they're made of heavy materials, I'll value them based on comfort and sound, like Sennheiser does (by the way, the cushion cover on the HD800s is incredibly comfortable, even more comfortable than velour). Let's agree to disagree and end this discussion. Thanks.

Enjoy your heavy cans weighed down by needless (and very inexpensive, again metal and wood aren't costly at all) stuff.

my t1s are much more comfortable then the 800s... the 800s touched too much of my face, very annoying. couldn't stand them for more than an hour....i'll agree with you it is about sound and comfort, because once they are on you head that's all that matters.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #6,957 of 10,994
  my t1s are much more comfortable then the 800s... the 800s touched too much of my face, very annoying. couldn't stand them for more than an hour....i'll agree with you it is about sound and comfort, because once they are on you head that's all that matters.

OK good. Again, just please enjoy your discount headphones and  end the thread hijack. Thanks.

I totally understand. I actually have a pair of $300 SRH940s that I really like, because they make music sound airy and ethereal. Sometimes a cheap product is all you need so please enjoy yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back