The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #6,451 of 10,994
try the dt770/600ohms....
Joe Hasaishi is doing his moviemagic now on my head :p

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #6,452 of 10,994
So defeat the entire purpose of the Headzone so he can see "the full benefit" of lossless 2 channel audio? We're trying to emulate surround here. 

Yes I realize that, I just wanted to clarify the lossless portion of the discussion thinking it would be helpful for others to know you still get it over optical when downmixed into 2 channels. Sorry if that was OT.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #6,453 of 10,994
Do u find the velor pads sounding too lean/bright...
and the pleather/leather pads too boomy/ hallish?

Try this... foam/pleather experiment :p

http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMan-Leather-Earpads-Series-Headphones/dp/B006695A8G/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

This is a HE-6 pleatherpad with some doublesidedtape-windowfoam stuck towards the back part of the ear.
The sound i am hearing is a full-bodied sound without the boominess...
a tinge of hallish ambience, sense of depth, on the NICE side.
Ran thru jazz / pop / classicals...
v pleased with the results.
Give it a shot if u have a pair of pleather pads lying around :)

========

Ray Charles / Diana Ross / MJ all sounded more intimate...mmmmmm bass punch soooo tight n full...arrrghhhh

========

Close my eyes, and felt i am watching Schindler's List , Gladiators, Avatar,
that sense of BIG body of sound in a theatre 

========

U can stop thinking of selling your T1. :p

========

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #6,454 of 10,994
My 2nd session.... jaws dropping astounding breathtaking visceral   ...
Listening to Kitaro's Itonami...sonic window opening up to shangrila..lifelike spatial imaging.
Never heard this piece so crystaline enthrancing :p

U Raise Me Up by Secret Garden...Haunting...sweeeping...swirlinnng upwards..ooooo
u m u s t t r y t h i s s s s s s

===
this T1 has leapfrogged over my D7k /LCD2 / HD650 / HE 6 in all their respective dept of excellence. 
I have just got berserk...forgive me. having a heart attack :p

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #6,456 of 10,994
Tomorrow I shall be half-way to the End Game: My new T1 cans arrive, along with my interim Amp. "Half way", as I decided to punt and get a Vali to keep me going in a half-decent way, until I could decide on a better amp to compliment the T1s.

I am considering the WA7 or the Valhalla. I already have a NAD D1050 DAC, but am open to either an integrated system a la the WA7 or a different DAC to go with a new amp.

The D1050 does have a decent headphone amp in it, but it seems to only play well with low impedance headphones, hence the Vali (well, also to dip my toes in the tube sound). 

So: I am looking for good suggestions for the amp to take me the rest of the way to the end game. Preferably under $1,000,-

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #6,460 of 10,994
I've been doing head to head comparison of multiple HP's (HD595/HD650/HD800/HE400) with The Beatles Sgt. Pepper on high res 24/44>OPPO BDP-105>Meier Daccord>Meier Corda Classic.
No other HP above compared with the T1's ability to really bring out McCartney's bass guitar.  If there ever was a question about why he shows up on other musicians top ten lists for bass playing this album and the T1 brings it all to life.  
I have never had a single regret about buying these HP's.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #6,461 of 10,994
The T1 with my present complement of tubes in the LF339 has made me a believer that it DOES belong in the top echelon of HPs. Dare I say that: the T1 reproduces string timbre more convincingly than the HD-800. For now, I need to know the T1 longer and am waiting on a gadget that will allow me to run them from a couple of my speaker amps.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #6,462 of 10,994
T1 (and now the HE-6) are great at bringing out guitars, i think they are better rock headphones than grados btw. (and i am a huge fan of the RS1i).

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #6,463 of 10,994
  I've been doing head to head comparison of multiple HP's (HD595/HD650/HD800/HE400) with The Beatles Sgt. Pepper on high res 24/44>OPPO BDP-105>Meier Daccord>Meier Corda Classic.
No other HP above compared with the T1's ability to really bring out McCartney's bass guitar.  If there ever was a question about why he shows up on other musicians top ten lists for bass playing this album and the T1 brings it all to life.  
I have never had a single regret about buying these HP's.

The most amazing part was that he sang those beautiful melodies while playing those complex baselines. If you like Rock, check out Muse on the T1's. Matthew Bellamy belts out some haunting vocal leads while playing intricate guitar parts. A true genius. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back