The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #6,046 of 10,994
Hi everyone! I just want to ask if anyone of you experience listening fatigue with T1 after long term of listening? I am planning to get them next year but I am a bit worried that I might experience listening fatigue in long term listening. I already auditioned them btw and I really like it more than Senn HD800 but since I have only listened to them for a short period of time, I can't really tell if I will have listening fatigue on them. Thanks in advance! :)

I can only comment on my experiences with the gear I have. I first used my T1 with an older solid state Firestone Cute Beyond headphone amp and Endtech Number Cruncher dac. Listening to certain songs with pronounced cymbals, the cymbals came off very harsh. I could listen to music for extended amounts of times, I just had to avoid certain songs.

Using new gear, a Decware CSP2+ and a Meier Audio Stagedac, I've had more positive experiences. Using different sets of tubes have yielded different experiences.

Three 6N1P-EV and a Valve Art 274B rectifier; more pleasant sound than my solid state amp, no harshness with cymbals, no noticeable fatigue, listened for hours.

Three Sylvania JAN 6DJ8 and an RCA 5R4GY; greater sound stage than previous tubes, cymbals sounded more natural, no noticeable fatigue, listened for hours. This set of tubes made me want to keep listening to music.

Three different 6N1P-EV and a Tung Sol 5AU4 rectifier; much less sound stage than previous set, more lower end. Listening to some King Diamond, I like metal music, it almost seemed a bit bright when he would sing really high notes. Did not hear this with both previous set of tubes. Will give this set some time, the rectifier is brand new.

My CSP2+ headphone amp with a good set of tubes and my T1 is a great experience. The only thing stopping me from listening to music would be needing sleep for work the next day or the Sun coming up on the weekends.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #6,047 of 10,994
T1 is a can that demands my attention when i listen to it, its high clarity...i dun use it for casual reading listening. 
So i normally spend an hour or two max on this can on a particular album...then i would go snuggle with my hd650zzz.
U might be able to rock with it throughout the day..:p

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #6,048 of 10,994
I can only comment on my experiences with the gear I have. I first used my T1 with an older solid state Firestone Cute Beyond headphone amp and Endtech Number Cruncher dac. Listening to certain songs with pronounced cymbals, the cymbals came off very harsh. I could listen to music for extended amounts of times, I just had to avoid certain songs.

Using new gear, a Decware CSP2+ and a Meier Audio Stagedac, I've had more positive experiences. Using different sets of tubes have yielded different experiences.

Three 6N1P-EV and a Valve Art 274B rectifier; more pleasant sound than my solid state amp, no harshness with cymbals, no noticeable fatigue, listened for hours.

Three Sylvania JAN 6DJ8 and an RCA 5R4GY; greater sound stage than previous tubes, cymbals sounded more natural, no noticeable fatigue, listened for hours. This set of tubes made me want to keep listening to music.

Three different 6N1P-EV and a Tung Sol 5AU4 rectifier; much less sound stage than previous set, more lower end. Listening to some King Diamond, I like metal music, it almost seemed a bit bright when he would sing really high notes. Did not hear this with both previous set of tubes. Will give this set some time, the rectifier is brand new.

My CSP2+ headphone amp with a good set of tubes and my T1 is a great experience. The only thing stopping me from listening to music would be needing sleep for work the next day or the Sun coming up on the weekends.

wow u have the csp2+ too...ya i like the TungSol 5AU4 for the T1..
but i have 3 philips ecc88...these are 3 sweet sounding little candies.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #6,049 of 10,994
  Hi everyone! I just want to ask if anyone of you experience listening fatigue with T1 after long term of listening? I am planning to get them next year but I am a bit worried that I might experience listening fatigue in long term listening. I already auditioned them btw and I really like it more than Senn HD800 but since I have only listened to them for a short period of time, I can't really tell if I will have listening fatigue on them. Thanks in advance! :)

My answer is both yes and no I find it depends on what type of music listened too. A combination that improved this aspect  for me was pairing the T1's with a Bottlehead Crack not only did they sound superb but listening for longer periods was not fatiguing like it before. In fact quiet the opposite you just want to keep feeding them track after track.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #6,050 of 10,994

Hi,

The T1 is a very revealing or rather accurate pair of cans.

So partnering it with a tube amp will prevent listening fatigue.

I am using a Decware CSP3 with the Beyer T1.
This is a world class OTL Tube amp which is meant to be used with high impedance headphones such as the T1.
The Stock tubes are Russian 6N1Ps and should be able to provide the required warmth or musicality to most casual listeners.
(My Tube Config BTW are 1x Brimar 5R4 Rectifier, 2x Siemens E288CC, 1x Pinched Waist Amperex 6922)

On my setup, I usually end up listening up to 4am the next day.
The "woman" in the family is always annoyed (and JEALOUS) that Dinah Washington and Ella Fitzgerald are more seductive than her. :wink:

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #6,051 of 10,994

Hi,

This is a world class OTL Tube amp which is meant to be used with high impedance headphones such as the T1.
The Stock tubes are Russian 6N1Ps and should be able to provide the required warmth or musicality to most casual listeners.
(My Tube Config BTW are 1x Brimar 5R4 Rectifier, 2x Siemens E288CC, 1x Pinched Waist Amperex 6922)

The "woman" in the family is always annoyed (and JEALOUS) that Dinah Washington and Ella Fitzgerald are more seductive than her. :wink:

great tube choice!!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #6,053 of 10,994

Hi,

Hi thank you very much for your reply! I currently have a tube amp which is the alo audio pan am. Do you think it can do the job? :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #6,054 of 10,994
Hi thank you very much for your reply! I currently have a tube amp which is the alo audio pan am. Do you think it can do the job? :)

I don't own the alo amp so I can't comment further on that combo.

Do you enjoy what you are hearing at the moment?

In other words, are you subconsciously toe tapping to music, especially your favourite tunes?
This is the litmus test I use for all my audio equipment.

Other audio attributes such as 3D soundstage, instrument separation, tight visceral bass etc.. are "nice to have" and don't mean anything if one does not enjoy listening to his/her audio combo.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #6,055 of 10,994

I am using a HDVD800 with my T1 and more than once I've sat down to listen in the evening and the next thing I know it's 3:30 AM! Difficult to turn off at times.

I have one or two recordings that have some sibilance in them that is a bit of a nuisance but the HDVD800 seems to keep it at a minimum without masking detail.

With the right amplification the T1 can be very involving. They are light and comfortable so in my experience and with my music, I have really had no listening fatigue.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #6,056 of 10,994
I don't own the alo amp so I can't comment further on that combo.

Do you enjoy what you are hearing at the moment?

In other words, are you subconsciously toe tapping to music, especially your favourite tunes?
This is the litmus test I use for all my audio equipment.

Other audio attributes such as 3D soundstage, instrument separation, tight visceral bass etc.. are "nice to have" and don't mean anything if one does not enjoy listening to his/her audio combo.

uhm yup I am definitely enjoying it :) 

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #6,057 of 10,994

I am using a HDVD800 with my T1 and more than once I've sat down to listen in the evening and the next thing I know it's 3:30 AM! Difficult to turn off at times.

I have one or two recordings that have some sibilance in them that is a bit of a nuisance but the HDVD800 seems to keep it at a minimum without masking detail.

With the right amplification the T1 can be very involving. They are light and comfortable so in my experience and with my music, I have really had no listening fatigue.

Eh wisemanja - long time no see! Where were you?

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #6,058 of 10,994

Well with my amp right now I still need to research more because I am afraid of listening fatigue so I need to find someone with similar setup as mine. Anyway you are making me crave for T1 even more :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #6,060 of 10,994
I hope you guys can help me out here

I have T1  # 15193 and an Beyerdynamic A1 amp and a Graham slee solo. I have tried both amps and I have to max the volume up to the levels up to what would normally be 50%

100 % on both amps. Both are loud enough at max,

I always like a bit to spare. I never feel comfortable when there is nothing left to give :)

Do you think my sources are cutting it back ?

Any ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back